Accessing iPad Cache
6791 8 2019-10-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans221fee49
lvl.3
Flight distance : 265495 ft
  • >>>

I just bought an iPad Mini 5 and in DJI Go 4 I have turned on Cache videos.  I can see in the Settings>General>Ipad Storage that there are Media and Photos stored on the iPad but I have no way to access them.  If I go into DJI Go 4 and click on Clear Cache is does warn me it is about to clear 1.4GB of cached videos.  So I know for sure there is data there but I cannot see any of it within the iPad.  

I want to use Adobe Rush to edit these videos but I cannot access them with Rush or even the iPad Photos app.

Any ideas how to get at this data?  If the option exists within DJI Go 4 to cache videos on the iPad then there must be some way to get at them.

Greg

EDIT: I just found that Litchi cached videos do show up in Photo app.  So that made me think maybe its a permission issue but I see that both litchi and DJI Go 4 both have Read & Write permission to Photos.
2019-10-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. You may refer to the path of the app for cache photos and video for the iOS. Thank you for your support.

iOS: DJI GO4/Documents/videoCache (video)
DJI GO4/Documents/.MEDIALIBRARY (picture, the picture can not be opened directly after exporting, please suffix with .JPG to open
2019-10-3
Use props
fans221fee49
lvl.3
  • >>>

DJI Tony Posted at 10-3 12:56
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. You may refer to the path of the app for cache photos and video for the iOS. Thank you for your support.

iOS: DJI GO4/Documents/videoCache (video)

Thanks Tony.  So in iOS. how do I browse to those folders?  It does not seem possible in the "Files" app.

I seem to remember on my old iPad that the DJI cache just showed up in the Photos app.  Its strange that it works in Litchi but not DJI Go 4
2019-10-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans221fee49 Posted at 10-3 14:33
Thanks Tony.  So in iOS. how do I browse to those folders?  It does not seem possible in the "Files" app.

I seem to remember on my old iPad that the DJI cache just showed up in the Photos app.  Its strange that it works in Litchi but not DJI Go 4

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. You could check this path via the internal storage of your mobile device and follow the path that I've provided above. Hope that this would clarify your query. Thank you for your support.
2019-10-5
Use props
B1houdini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft

Not sure this will do the trick.
I use it to download flight records stored in the Go 4 app

You can go to iTunes , connect to the computer with your iPad (in my case iPad Mini 4). Click on the iPhone symbol. click on the App sharing file . It will bring up the apps on your IPad. Find DJI GO 4 app and click on it and you should get all its files. Mainly the log files and flight records are the ones I look at. Hope that helps?
2019-10-5
Use props
fans221fee49
lvl.3
  • >>>

DJI Tony Posted at 10-5 15:49
Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. You could check this path via the internal storage of your mobile device and follow the path that I've provided above. Hope that this would clarify your query. Thank you for your support.

My problem is that in iOS there is no way to get to this path using the iPAD.  I need the files to show up in the Photos App just like the videos from Litchi do.
2019-10-5
Use props
fans221fee49
lvl.3
  • >>>

fans221fee49 Posted at 10-5 22:47
My problem is that in iOS there is no way to get to this path using the iPAD.  I need the files to show up in the Photos App just like the videos from Litchi do.

Thanks for your reply.  Hooking the iPad to a computer does not help me because if I am using a computer then I would just get the original files from the Micro SD card instead.  I want to edit and post videos in the field.
2019-10-5
Use props
RaceCar95
lvl.1

United States

I just bought an iPad pro and I'm having the same problem. This file manager won't let us browse to the cashed files. The iPad mini's not brand new so apparently this issue has existed for quite a while . You would think DJI would be able to put the files somewhere that are accessible to us, especially since Litchi is able to accomplish that. Big big disappointment by both apple and DJI :-(
2020-9-17
Use props
DISPV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 55207 ft
United States

Hello all. First entry on 2022-10-20. USA Virginia.
In GO 4 app for Phantom 4 Pro v2.0 and iPad mini (older model). I would imagine that this would work for different iPad models. The easiest way I found to clear the caches:
1) Have your iPad Mini and Controller hooked up / plugged in, on, and talking with each other.
2) At the "Home Page" (for me it's a picture of the Phantom 4, the name at top left, a "hamburger" (three lines stacked) at top right, GO FLY banner at bottom right, and the Connected icon at bottom left. Below that is a menu bar with, from L. to R., Equipment, Editor, Skypixel, Me. The attributes may vary upon your model.
3) Tap on Me in the menu bar.
4) At the top of the window I see my DJI - given name with other information with a background image.
5) At the top right is a Settings Wheel just below my iPad power levels. Tap the wheel.
6) This is the Settings window. You now should see a line entry for Clear Cache. Tap that line.
7) You are now able to clear all types of cache on the iPad.
That's it. Good luck. Nick.
2022-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules