Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What's a good racing drone for the FPS system?
2053 8 2019-10-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
figure1a
lvl.3
Flight distance : 622103 ft

I know nothing about racing drones.
2019-10-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. Hope that you could get the best suggestions from our fellow DJI members here in Forum that has their own racing drones. Thank you for your continued support!
2019-10-3
Use props
Charmande
lvl.3
Flight distance : 299459 ft

Honestly if you do not know anything about racing drones or FPV drones in general I would recommend just building the DJI recommended build for their system. It is not only easy to build but has minimal soldering to eliminate confusion for the beginner. You will have to solder the motor wires to the ESC though.  

Tmotor F55Apro II + F4 HD Stack  (Flight Controller and ESC) - https://www.getfpv.com/t-motor-f4-stack-f4-hd-fc-f55a-pro-ii-3-6s-4-in-1-esc-combo.html
Tmotor F40pro III - KV2400 (motors - need 4 each) - https://www.getfpv.com/t-motor-f40-pro-iii-motor.html
Transtec Laser HD (frame) - https://store.dji.com/product/transtec-laser-hd-frame
Tmotor T5143S (props) - https://www.getfpv.com/t-motor-t5143s-propeller-set-of-4-choose-color.html
4S battery - https://www.getfpv.com/thunder-power-adrenaline-v2-0-1300mah-4s-100c-lipo-battery.html  

If you do not wanna build and want a ready to fly quad getfpv also offers such a thing with the DJI FPV system built in with various options. Hope this helps.

https://www.getfpv.com/lumenier-qav-r-2-rtf-with-dji-hd-fpv-system.html

2019-10-4
Use props
djiuser_bvq9gmJ2RVFL
New

Pakistan

always eager to know about the new things never thought the people on line platforms will be to supportive now i want to ask about the racing drones that could go for me as a beginner ?
2021-2-7
Use props
Tom_A
lvl.4
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

Charmande Posted at 2019-10-4 08:22
Honestly if you do not know anything about racing drones or FPV drones in general I would recommend just building the DJI recommended build for their system. It is not only easy to build but has minimal soldering to eliminate confusion for the beginner. You will have to solder the motor wires to the ESC though.  

Tmotor F55Apro II + F4 HD Stack  (Flight Controller and ESC) - https://www.getfpv.com/t-motor-f4-stack-f4-hd-fc-f55a-pro-ii-3-6s-4-in-1-esc-combo.html

I have a TransTEC Laser and like the frame, but I could not find spare parts anywhere. If you break an arm, you need to buy a whole new frame to get a replacement arm. I also have a GepRC Mark 4 HD and I like that a little better because of the looks of the frame and replacement parts are available. The TransTEC laster is faster though. The Rotor Riot HD 1 is an easy build but it's a little bit of a heaver frame. Might be a good beginner frame though. Replacement parts are also available. My current favorite is an Armattan Marmotte HD, but it's a more expensive frame and probably not a good choice for a beginner. I did not like the stock method for mounting the DJI antennas on it but found a 3D printed mount that holds the antennas much more securely.
I have also had the best experience with the Succex-D F7 flight stack. Whichever stack you choose, but make sure it's made for the DJI stack. The DJI system should work with any modern flight stack, but the on board regulators do not always have enough amps to power the air unit. The made for DJI stacks not only make the build easier, will be less lkely to have power issues with the regulator used to power the air unit.

I have not tried the T-Motor stack yet, but did use a T-Motor ESC for one build and if the flight controller is as good as the ESC, then it is a good choice. I think I had considered it for a build but think I chose not to since it didn't have barometer. Barometer is not required, but it would allow you do display altitude in the goggles without a GPS or more accurately with a GPS.

2021-2-8
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Here we go and I have flown each one of these - Armattan Badger (I fly this now)or Marmotte HD versions in either 4s or 6s with Air Unit and F4 board. GEPRC Mark4 HD5 with F7 again with Air Unit, in either 4s or 6s versions. Super light and super fast is the HGLRC Wind 5 lite with Caddx Vista and F7 but I have upgraded the camera to the Caddx Pro as it's a much better camera. This comes in 4s or 6s and you can choose the KV of the motors. For this one I chose the 1900KV version as it's the fastest. Power to weight between the frame and the motors is along the lines of putting a Porsche GT4 engine in a Mini. It's insane fun. You can make your own ImpulseRC Apex with Air Unit or Caddx Vista but you would be looking at $500 or £500 depending on what you put in the kwad. Like everything in FPV it all depends on how you fly and what you want to do with it. I currently run with a Badger HD 6s, Wind 5 Lite HD, Slammed Squirt Cinewhoop and protek 35, both with Air Units in them with the obvious 50mbps and 700mw as not tried the 1200mw hack as don't need it. All I have done is change the DJI FPV Goggle antenna to TrueRC Stubbies and use the BDI Analog faceplate for when I have to fly my remaining analog kwads - mainly tiny whoops and my remaining Reverb frame.
2021-2-8
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_bvq9gmJ2RVFL Posted at 2-7 22:35
always eager to know about the new things  never thought the people on line platforms will be to supportive now i want to ask about the racing drones that could go for me as a beginner ?

I would honestly download one of the FPV sims to practice on 1st - LiftOff, DRL or Velocidrone to name 3 of the main ones. Not everyone is able to fly FPV or have the patience to grow with it. Crashing is inevitable, so you will also need to have good soldering skills and a knowledge of how to fix stuff when it goes wrong. But a cheap transmitter like the QX7 or the X-lite to practice on the sims or just go full out and buy a decent kwad that can take some hits. Possibly like the iFlight Nazgul HD, which is possibly the best value to spec kwad you can get for a beginner. Also decide if you want to be tethered to DJI with the DJI FPV Transmitter. I fly with both the Taranis X9D Plus with crossfire module and the TBS Tango 2 Standard as I use Crossfire on every kwad I fly that can physically fit it. Lot's of possibles. Lot's to consider before taking the plunge.
2021-2-8
Use props
luciens
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I agree on the simulator, I'd say it's practically mandatory. I have around 1000 hours in manned aircraft (fixed wing) and I flew FPV helicopters and a flame wheel F550 in manual mode a few years ago, but even with all that stick time, it took me almost 2 hours on the DRL sim last day or two to even be able to hover the basic DRL drone LOL.  I can just barely fly it around now without crashing after approx 4 hours lol. I've transitioned to several aircraft over my flying career and trust me, no matter how experienced a pilot you are, you need training in each different type of flying machine (R/C or full-scale).

What I did was buy a controller first (I went with the DJI FPV controller, since I only plan to use the DJI system) and then downloaded the DRL sim on my Mac, which works pretty good. I plan to put a lot of hours on it before I get an actual quad and try to fly it. I know that doesn't help with the choice of the first aircraft, as I'll have to make that same decision too. But definitely get some time on the simulator first.

I'd also learn to fly line-of-sight too, which is much harder than FPV. If you don't already have line-of-sight helicopter time, that is. It's hard, but it'll be a really vital skill too.
2021-2-8
Use props
djiuser_bvq9gmJ2RVFL
New

Pakistan

CoreyB10 Posted at 2-8 05:55
I would honestly download one of the FPV sims to practice on 1st - LiftOff, DRL or Velocidrone to name 3 of the main ones. Not everyone is able to fly FPV or have the patience to grow with it. Crashing is inevitable, so you will also need to have good soldering skills and a knowledge of how to fix stuff when it goes wrong. But a cheap transmitter like the QX7 or the X-lite to practice on the sims or just go full out and buy a decent kwad that can take some hits. Possibly like the iFlight Nazgul HD, which is possibly the best value to spec kwad you can get for a beginner. Also decide if you want to be tethered to DJI with the DJI FPV Transmitter. I fly with both the Taranis X9D Plus with crossfire module and the TBS Tango 2 Standard as I use Crossfire on every kwad I fly that can physically fit it. Lot's of possibles. Lot's to consider before taking the plunge.

yeah thank you i will definitely consider that
2021-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules