A7Riii Focus Issue
784 4 2019-10-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jimmy Cee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 100289 ft

Hello,

I picked up my Ronin SC yesterday and haven't had much time to play with it but one thing is causing me concern - How do you focus?

I appear to have everything set up properly. The camera button starts and stops recording fine, but if I'm in FILM mode on the A7Riii half pressing the button does nothing!

If I put the camera into MANUAL then I can set focus by putting the camera into One touch AUTO, but as soon as I start rolling the camera seems to default to continuous auto!

The lens I'm using is a Sony 28mm F2

So what am I doing wrong? I dont have the Pro SC, just the regular unit.

Fingers crossed there's a simple solution because at the moment I'm going have to just twist the focus ring manually.
2019-10-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Jimmy, sorry for the difficulties, firstly, please make sure your firmware has been updated to the latest version and the firmware of your camera is v1.10, and then please double check if the settings are correct with the corresponding cable.
GTScreenshot_20191004_184350.png
2019-10-4
Use props
Jimmy Cee
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 10-4 02:46
Hi Jimmy, sorry for the difficulties, firstly, please make sure your firmware has been updated to the latest version and the firmware of your camera is v1.10, and then please double check if the settings are correct with the corresponding cable.
[view_image]

Thanks for sending this through, although I’m fully aware of these details as they are on your web-site.

The Sony A7Riii is currently on firmware v3.0 - are you suggesting that I need to downgrade my camera to version v1.01?

2019-10-19
Use props
Jimmy Cee
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 10-4 02:46
[view_image]

Thanks for sending this through, although I’m fully aware of these details as they are on your web-site.

The Sony A7Riii is currently on firmware v3.0 - are you suggesting that I need to downgrade my camera to version v1.01?

2019-10-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Jimmy Cee Posted at 10-19 11:41
Thanks for sending this through, although I’m fully aware of these details as they are on your web-site.

The Sony A7Riii is currently on firmware v3.0 - are you suggesting that I need to downgrade my camera to version v1.01?

Hi Jimmy, no need to downgrade, it should be working with Ronin SC, please keep us updated without hesitation if there is any problem.
2019-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules