Latest accessory: Bullet Range Increaser for DJI RM S1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4

Hi All,

This just showed up in Amazon this week... Has anyone bought one... tried it???
Range Extender for the RM S1

Mostly for curiosity, I have bought one for Chip and I will compare the shooting experience versus that of Dale...

2019-10-3
Use props
JB63
lvl.4
  • >>>

Looks like a silencer
2019-10-3
Use props
BGA
Second Officer

This can interfere with 2 things:

1 - Object recognition.
2 - IR firing (depending on where exactly the IR transmitter is as I am still not sure ).

1 is specially likely as depending on how they did training, the robot might expect the tip of its cannon to be where it is today to do object recognition.
2019-10-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Thanks for sharing this information to our valued DJI Forum members. We're hoping that you could get the best recommendation that you may need. Cheers!
2019-10-3
Use props
MarkusXL
lvl.4

Also remember to balance the gimbal  

Also, during power up initialization the gimbal tests full down so that thing will go "Clunk!" on the chassis every time...   Found that out with the cheap laser pointer strap-on.   

But if it increases range and accuracy then that would be a good thing - better "Sentry" 'bots.

Oh and before you run your tests make sure Chip and Dale perform the same without the attachment.

2019-10-3
Use props
JB63
lvl.4
  • >>>

Been contemplating attaching an Osmo Pocket (for a more stable 4K video feed) on top of the controller unit but a bit concerned about balancing the gimbal. If anything, the extra mass will add to the mass moment of inertia of the turret, and that 'might' make the motors work a bit harder ... stay tuned

Better yet, can the Osmo Pocket output be fed to the RM camera's cable? ...  I know it's way more complicated than having matching USB-C connectors, but it's tempting.

2019-10-3
Use props
MarkusXL
lvl.4

LoL considering some of the security features we have seen so far, I would be amazed if that worked
2019-10-3
Use props
JB63
lvl.4
  • >>>

MarkusXL Posted at 10-3 16:52
LoL considering some of the security features we have seen so far, I would be amazed if that worked

Exactly my thinking ... it was more 'wishful thinking' from my part ... a 'universe' where all devices/toys built by DJI could talk to one another ...
2019-10-3
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4

JB63 Posted at 10-3 14:00
Looks like a silencer

Does it ever!!! LOL
2019-10-4
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4

MarkusXL Posted at 10-3 15:35
Also remember to balance the gimbal  

Also, during power up initialization the gimbal tests full down so that thing will go "Clunk!" on the chassis every time...   Found that out with the cheap laser pointer strap-on.   

All valid thinking and planning points!
Thanks!

For the IR blaster, the extension extends the blaster's channel. It remains to be seen what impact the extension will have on the signal spread and accuracy.

For rear ballast, I started thinking of designing a 3D-printed ballast box that will be fitted at the rear of the blaster/cannon using the existing cover panel and 4 screws.

Also, I'm not sure as to effect the grooves inside the extension will have on the gel beads. I'm afraid some of them may breakdown inside the extension and jam.
So far, I need to counterweigh the laser sight and muzzle extension.

2019-10-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Looks 3d printed to me.
2019-10-4
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4

DAFlys Posted at 10-4 02:21
Looks 3d printed to me.

It does say so in the description on the Amazon offer.
2019-10-4
Use props
GG38
lvl.1

France

Did you try to check if it is standard airsoft parts & materials?

Usually, upgrade of spring+ gearbox is enough.

https://www.ops-store.fr/pieces-internes-aeg-gearbox-c-1079_651_796.html

Check on your country with following keywords: airsoft gearbox, spring upgrade
2019-11-3
Use props
GG38
lvl.1

France

Airsoft standard practice would be to change spring, gearbox and eventually piston.

https://www.ops-store.fr/pieces-upgrade.html
2019-11-3
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4
Canada

GG38 Posted at 11-3 23:32
Airsoft standard practice would be to change spring, gearbox and eventually piston.

https://www.ops-store.fr/pieces-upgrade.html

I have three RoboMaster S1s. I think I'll run a side-by-side experiment with 1) a out-of-the-box RMS1; 2) one with the Airsoft spring upgrade; and 3) one with the range extender.
2019-11-4
Use props
GG38
lvl.1

France

I am looking forward to see what is the best solution to implement
2019-11-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules