[FEATURE REQUEST] Support live audio stream from air unit
12Next >
8575 51 2019-10-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
drewzh
lvl.1

I'm not sure if this is currently being worked on or whether it's being tracked as an active work item, but I'd really like the abilty to also stream audio from the air units onboard microphone along side the live video stream to the goggles. Maybe this can be considered for a future firmware update? I've seen at least half a dozen people complain about this missing feature and it's one that I'm personally finding quite limiting about the system.
What I'm asking for is the ability to plug headphones in and hear a live audio stream from the air units microphone. I'm sure this wouldn't be impossible in regards to the compression/transmittion as the bandwidth requirements would be relatively small in comparsion to the video feed. Even if this requires an impact on the video feed - having the option to lower quality to allow even a low quality audio feed would be very benefitial to me and I'm sure many other too.

Hopefully there's no hardware limitation and this is something that you can plan to work on.

Many thanks
2019-10-3
Use props
5zero7rc
lvl.4

I too was disappointed when I learned that you could not get live audio from the air unit into your goggles and then out to headphones while flying.  I like that feature on my analog system and I could see it being really good on the DJI system because it should be possible to do without all the static you get from the analog audio feed.  So if you are not already working on it DJI, please get this on your to do list!  Many of us would really really appreciate it
2019-10-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day drewzh. Thank you for reaching out and for this feature request. I will cascade these thread/information to the designated DJI departmnet for further development of the DJI FPV and of DJI. Thank you.
2019-10-4
Use props
djiuser_VgrYpF324i9e
New

United States

Actually just hopped on the forums for this....just got mine flying today to realize that there indeed is no live audio
2019-10-25
Use props
NECTAR FPV
New

United States

YES YES YES YES YES!!!! HOW CAN DJI CLAIM TO BE AN "IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCE" WITHOUT AUDIO!!!!!! .... THIS NEEDS TO BE ON THE NEXT FIRMWARE UPGRADE OR IM SWITCHING TO BYTEFROST!
2019-11-6
Use props
j4y
lvl.2

United States

I would love to have live audio during flights.  Please make this happen DJI!
2019-11-7
Use props
M_A_R_T_I_N
lvl.1

Germany

Hey DJI,

just to remember to this feature.
We like to have live audio (even low Quiality) from the quad.

Best Regards
2019-12-16
Use props
Bol2riz
lvl.3

France

+1 for audio in DVR.

Best
2019-12-17
Use props
Palmer_inc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 24790 ft

Austria

+1 for audio. guys write here for dji
2020-3-1
Use props
Schlumie
lvl.1

Austria

+1 for audio too... PLEASE! Or tell us if its even possible with this hardware?
2020-3-3
Use props
djiuser_CfATzqnNQn5A
New

Germany

+1 for the audio. Im really sad about not having sound
2020-3-4
Use props
Skyscraper89
New

United Kingdom

I've just got my quad up and running. Took my headphones with me on first flight and was absolutely gutted when there was no sound. I'm new to fpv drone flying but i believe it's really important feature for live audio. Helps identify if any problems with the quad, helps for tuning it and to me it generally helps me fly to hear how fast the motors are spinning. Seems so strange to fly without being able to hear it. This is supposed to be the future and yet it seems to be a backwards step. Like others have said doesn't have to be high quality, as don't want more latency or have ability to turn on and off, just want some form of audio even if low quality. Please please please DJI let us know if this is actually being worked on or not and whether it is possible. I'm not sure i would have forked out all this money if i knew didn't have live audio. I should have done more research before purchased it but saw headphone jack and assumed it would have it. I'm happy with it in general just not as immersive experience as I wanted from it.     
2020-3-4
Use props
BoaFPV
lvl.1

United States

Yet another vote from me for audio. The only reason I signed up on the forums is to voice my concern that the unit has a mic, headphone jack, and a company full of talented software engineers but can't figure out what us FPV pilots really want in a video system. I will be holding off on purchasing a dji setup until this is fixed!!
2020-3-15
Use props
Hexis22
New

United States

+1

The ability to hear the motors during flight is a significant feature missing from the DJI FPV goggles.  All my analogue rigs provide this feature.

If flying more than 100 meters away, the delay between hearing ambient motor sound and real time video during a large throttle increase is very distracting.

Please add this feature to the list of future updates.  The last update providing Betaflight OSD information was a welcome addition (although missing Warnings...).
2020-4-6
Use props
Manuel Christian Reichspfarrer
lvl.1

Austria

Jeah i have a thread for this and i vote here for the Sound Update!!!!
2020-4-6
Use props
Invi7
lvl.1

Malaysia

+live audio. please DJI
2020-4-26
Use props
Gurusi
lvl.2

Canada

+1 for live audio!
2020-4-26
Use props
djiuser_F2E7IbbhYB5s
New

Hungary

+1 for live audio
+1 for OSD warnings
2020-5-17
Use props
SneakFPV
lvl.1

Netherlands

+1 for live audio
+1 for OSD warnings
2020-5-22
Use props
Kreeze
lvl.4

United States

i want this feature!
2020-5-22
Use props
Tomasimo
lvl.3

Lithuania

First they should fix current issues introduced with last updates...
2020-5-22
Use props
Tomasimo
lvl.3

Lithuania

First they should fix current issues introduced with last updates...
2020-5-22
Use props
fansa2082bc1
lvl.1
United States

+1 for live audio please!!!
2020-6-4
Use props
fansa2082bc1
lvl.1
United States

2020-6-4
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansa2082bc1 Posted at 6-4 21:58

Make Crystal Sky compatible and accept HDMI video feed from the Smart Controller!
2020-6-4
Use props
dr_jon3s
lvl.2

United Kingdom

+1 for live audio!
2020-6-5
Use props
MiloB
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3491 ft
Denmark

+1 for live audio
+1 for OSD Warnings
2020-6-18
Use props
Avolate
lvl.2

United States

The  purpose of audio is to hear the motor / prop noise.  Its not used for any other purpose.   You cant hear anything else in the microphones but the sound of your quad and what its doing, you can hear trilling or vibrations in the motors and props if the tune isnt right so its very useful to tune the quad.  Flying with audio is an integral feature of an immersive FPV experience.   It makes you a better  pilot because you are connected to the craft in another way than just visually.   You have your entire sense of hearing to help you know what the quad is doing.   Its absolutely essential.
2020-6-19
Use props
djiuser_nZFEe9Mg4fZS
lvl.1

Poland

+1 please add this
2020-7-1
Use props
djiuser_itYBR5NFAtig
lvl.1

United States

Disappointed when i found out no live audio.   

Put me down for a vote to get this feature developed.
2020-7-3
Use props
ICU
lvl.1

United States

Come on DJI, you cn do it! While you are at it, please add a speakers' option so I can be heard shouting "I love DJI" from my quad.
2020-8-24
Use props
spikestabber
lvl.2
Canada

Another vote from me, it doesn't have to be super low latency audio like the video is so long as it can be heard, buffer it a tiny bit if needed.
2020-8-24
Use props
fansa67f28f3
lvl.4
United States

Another vote for live audio! It's the biggest fault of the system   It will boost sales a lot!
2020-8-24
Use props
ElCorboLoco
New
Flight distance : 35226 ft

United States

Yes, audio please!
2020-8-26
Use props
djiuser_YGtxaMZTLvTe
New
Flight distance : 104439 ft
United States

Can we please get some sorta goggle support for the mavic air 2.... how hard would it be to enable DJI Fly in the fpv goggles... I'm aware I wouldn't be able to use the touch screen... and I think a lot of us would be ok with that... please DJI I have been in many situations where I'll take off and I have to literally jump in the hot cab of my vehicle... and sun blinds are not good enough... please DJI... please... were need goggles for the mavic air 2... and mini I guess... but seeing as how I own a mavic air 2... please and thank you.
2020-8-26
Use props
djiuser_k8xf6Ls8wyRD
New

Italy

Yeah I am tuning my new build and I'd really like to hear my motor sound more clearly. Even when flying mid range it could help you recognize a motor going bad on time. Not to mention it could be the ultimate feature to  get the total immersion feeling that it claims to have
2020-8-27
Use props
Rogue FPV
lvl.1

United States

+1 for the audio. I'm also really sad about not having sound... I fly mid - long range, well out of earshot... not having prop noise in my ear is a BIG LETDOWN!
I don't don't feel 100% immersed, and completely confident without it...

Also, OSD WARNING Element... Please ADD THIS!
2020-8-27
Use props
djiuser_vGpOPETFybVI
New

United States

+1 DJI please add audio even if it’s low quality. For the true immersive experience we need the audio, even if we have to sacrifice image quality. Thank you!
2020-9-21
Use props
Alf_Skaar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 159567 ft
Norway

Yes please audio +
2020-9-21
Use props
fansa67f28f3
lvl.4
United States

Another vote for live audio feed! IMHO the biggest missing feature!
2020-9-21
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules