Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
ACAS (airborne collision avoidance system)
2536 1 2014-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
davidziegler
lvl.2
United States

Hello everyone,

Since I got my Phantom 2 vision + (3 days ago), I'am really enjoying it, and I'm really concerning about safety.

Lately I was watching video on You tube about the Phantom, and I saw some guys who flight their phantom or others drone brand in some very high altitude. One of them make a video above 10,000ft !!! with a Phantom 2. This is impressive, and also very irresponsible knowing that commercial aircraft are crossing. And not only commercial arcraft but also small private plane. Right away i began to think about safety. What if you crash on a commercial aircraft or a small private plane, or a helicopter etc? The result could be catastrophic

So regarding the safety, my question is:
DJI has consider to include in their drone a ACAS (airborne collision avoidance system)? Asking because I see that the Inspire 1 it is able to flight way more higher altitude than the Phantom, and more and more people are flying drone around the world for footage and pictures.
It should be wise to equipped these drone with ACAS, or something similar for safety reason.

So far we can't fly our drone near an airport inside a 5 miles radiusan and that's is perfect, but airplane are not only at the airport.

I wish you all a nice flight and amazing footage.

David.
www.davideziegler.com
PS: I apologize for my basic English.
2014-11-15
Use props
davidziegler
lvl.2
United States

Can I hope a answer from dji? Would be really appreciated.
2014-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules