Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>

Klaus W. Posted at 10-8 10:16
Maybe this helps: Drone Benchmark Report  by NomiCam

I’ve seen nomiCam tests done before and they are not always exactly what you think they are .
2019-10-8
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>

hallmark007 Posted at 10-8 11:19
You must purchase RC separate $150 and receiver $150 both plus tax, so it doesn’t come with a RC, you will have noticed in all the advertising it mentions this but fails to mention that that without RC you can only fly 50 metres at max altitude 5 metres.
Apart from filming yourself it will be illegal to film anyone at this height, it will be illegal to fly in any built up areas without RC.

Thanks for your opinion. If I ever received it,  the Skydio 2 will be part of my tool of drones along with my P4P, M2P, Mavic Air, and my trusty Sparky.  
2019-10-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

Maxi3D Posted at 10-8 11:37
Thanks for your opinion. If I ever received it,  the Skydio 2 will be part of my tool of drones along with my P4P, M2P, Mavic Air, and my trusty Sparky.

Enjoy it, I’m certain that those using it for AT will be very pleased and if camera lives up to the hype it will be a great addition to you4 drone collection.
2019-10-8
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>

Luckily I bought an Inspire 1 Pro (X3) a few days before the Skydio news.  You cannot get this kind of size for the performance anymore.  The Inspire 2 limits the performance but with the Inspire 1, with firmware variable changes, you can have them w/o being too limited.

You can get crazy and modify the 300° per sec tilt limit but I haven't messed with it.  I prefer a smooth roll on.  8.0m/s descents and ascends w/ a warmed battery is the best.  You are no longer stuck in mid-air waiting for it to come down.
2019-10-8
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>

as DJI just let mavic air to die - no recent support and ignoring community ideas/requests - I'm really waiting for a possibility to order skydio2 in Europe.
only product currently that might be interesing from DJI is mavic mini to beat incoming drone rules in EU@2020 (<250g)
BUT as it might be same story as with mavic air - showoff at start - big fireworks, big YT events, reviews, etc. and later after only 1/2 year no real support for product... or artifical limiting it's possibility in software, to not endager "higher" products - everyone need to think twice before spending $$$ on any DJI
2019-10-8
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1167008 ft

hallmark007 Posted at 10-8 11:19
You must purchase RC separate $150 and receiver $150 both plus tax, so it doesn’t come with a RC, you will have noticed in all the advertising it mentions this but fails to mention that that without RC you can only fly 50 metres at max altitude 5 metres.
Apart from filming yourself it will be illegal to film anyone at this height, it will be illegal to fly in any built up areas without RC.

You really out to get your facts straight.  If it is not for you fine; but your info is incorrect and doesn't say much for your credibility.

It is pretty easy to find the correct information on their website.

Based on which flight mode you’re using, or whether or not Skydio 2 is currently tracking a subject, here are the altitude (height) specifications for Skydio 2:

When flying with just the Skydio app and tracking a subject(not using Controller or Beacon), the maximum height is 8m (26.87ft) - if that subject is a vehicle, the maximum height is 16m (53.75ft).

When Skydio 2 is not tracking a subject, the maximum height is 1,640 ft. (regardless of which control option is being used).

In addition to the above specs, when tracking a subject, Skydio 2 will nominally stay within 10m (32.8ft) of the subject (overall distance in relation to the person being followed) or 20m (65.6ft), if tracking a car.

Range to Phone (line of sight, ideal conditions)
200 m
Range to Beacon (line of sight, ideal conditions)
1.5 km
Range to Controller (line of sight, ideal conditions)
3.5 km

Does the Air film in 4k 60P?

Don't let the facts stop you bash away!
2019-10-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

parkgt214 Posted at 10-8 15:55
You really out to get your facts straight.  If it is not for you fine; but your info is incorrect and doesn't say much for your credibility.

It is pretty easy to find the correct information on their website.

Seen as you brought the air into it , I will remind you that all of the specs for S1 were so far out from what was advertised it was ridiculous and caused a a completely over priced product to fail spectacularly.
You cannot in the first release of S2 buy a remote control yes maybe later , you cannot buy a battery charger because they don’t make any so you must plug into craft to charge battery, might not be a real problem because you can’t buy extra batteries until a later date.

My advice to you is this because you spend all your time whining about not having things ready on time is this, buy one and you can whine until your heart is content if that’s possible, I’ve given you plenty to get started with there you go.

The day I purchased my mavic air, it came with a R C 3 batteries multi charger, car charger and a bag which was very easy to travel with, not something that resembled a pizza box , and from the first day I got it I could fly it and use it to it’s full potential.

You will remember you spent months around here complaining about your M2 not being complete because there was a problem with waypoints, you spent all your time telling everyone M2 was basically rubbish, well I wonder will you find the same contempt for the incomplete S2 .
BTW Skydio had to release a note because many thought altitude limits and distances were not explained correctly in the first place, apologies I got that bit wrong as you were only salivating to correct .
2019-10-8
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer

Again get your facts straight.  Find a post where I said the M2 was rubbish?  I did say it was amazing b ut with a defect and that was a fact.

Why make up numbers when the Skydio site lists them?  If you don't want one why resort to that?

Since you don't seem inclined to buy one why do you care enough to bash a product that hasn't even been released?

I think DJI makes some great products but I don't drink the Kool-Aid that has clouded your objectivity.

2019-10-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

parkgt214 Posted at 10-8 19:30
Again get your facts straight.  Find a post where I said the M2 was rubbish?  I did say it was amazing b ut with a defect and that was a fact.

Why make up numbers when the Skydio site lists them?  If you don't want one why resort to that?

“DO NOT BUY A MAVIC 2.”

Now what do you think that quote says , where in that quote does it say M2 is great , now maybe with everything missing on the S2 we will hear your big mouth again or are you all mouth and no trousers your drinking plenty of cool aid for Skydio .

2019-10-9
Use props
QuanDar
lvl.2
  • >>>

It can avoid everything and still keep following.

See 5:00, wow... And 7:10 :O
2019-10-9
Use props
MrTitan
Second Officer
  • >>>

Maxi3D Posted at 10-8 10:57
It does comes with a remote controller.

As hallmark007 mentions, the remote controller is an add on accessory at an additional cost.
2019-10-9
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer

hallmark007 Posted at 10-9 01:06
“DO NOT BUY A MAVIC 2.”

Now what do you think that quote says , where in that quote does it say M2 is great , now maybe with everything missing on the S2 we will hear your big mouth again or are you all mouth and no trousers your drinking plenty of cool aid for Skydio .

Trying to mislead again?  Here is the entire quote:
"If you need repeatable Waypoint flights that don't have a jerky panning action DO NOT BUY A MAVIC 2!"

Further down in the thread I said this:
"I really enjoy hand flying the M2' but would like to fully utilize the supposed capabilities of the craft."

Where is the "rubbish" lie you stated?

What Kool-Aid from Skydio have I been drinking?  What about Skydio have I said except to provide the numbers you lied about?

Why do you care enough to lie about it?  Being a DJI fan boy is one thing; making up lies about the cometition is another.

I think the M2 is one of the best and most versitle crafts out here at the present time.  I hope Skydio does well and offers altrnatives to what is currently available whether they suit everones use case or not.  Not everyone has the same priorities when it comes to the drone they choose to fly.

2019-10-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

parkgt214 Posted at 10-9 05:31
Trying to mislead again?  Here is the entire quote:

"If you need repeatable Waypoint flights that don't have a jerky panning action DO NOT BUY A MAVIC 2!"

Where you made your mistake (Big Mouth) is calling people liars, you have said so many lies on this forum that you have a neck like a jockeys bollox calling others liars.
The information I supplied was the information that was out there, we know just as you know in the last few days Skydio have issued a paper because of confusion they started.
It’s idiots like you whining moaning fools who put more untruths out on this forum than anyone else. Make sure you know what your talking about when calling people liars.
2019-10-9
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer

hallmark007 Posted at 10-9 05:47
Where you made your mistake (Big Mouth) is calling people liars, you have said so many lies on this forum that you have a neck like a jockeys bollox calling others liars.
The information I supplied was the information that was out there, we know just as you know in the last few days Skydio have issued a paper because of confusion they started.
It’s idiots like you whining moaning fools who put more untruths out on this forum than anyone else. Make sure you know what your talking about when calling people liars.

Post an example of any factual information I have lied about?

Even if it was an honest mistake you still haven't explained why you feel you have to bash Skydio?

2019-10-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

parkgt214 Posted at 10-9 05:50

Dji added waypoints in late January , there was a problem with them but this is what you wrote six months later regarding “defective mavic 2 for almost a year,” a blatant lie, considering waypoints were not promised on release of M2 and arrived 4 months after release, so a defective mavic 2 for almost year was a total lie which you continued with for 3 months so compulsory liar I’d say, you can’t have it both ways, Skydio are introducing a defective drone according to your thinking because it won’t have RC until later wouldn’t you agree, I’m applying you thought process here, or are you just here to disrupt for the sake of it .
2019-10-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

parkgt214 Posted at 10-9 05:50

Even if it was an honest mistake you still haven't explained why you feel you have to bash Skydio?

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=194462

You will clearly see this was another lie and it’s explained in the above thread.

You think I shouldn’t have an opinion on another drone, that’s a bit rich coming from you who spent 4 months bashing the drone most people are flying on this forum.
You’ll remember statements like HALF BAKED , DJI don’t care about users, nothing will ever get done about problems with waypoints, you’ll remember putting up 3 threads knocking the product we all fly quite happily here, and then you think you can tell me I cannot comment on another drone, what planet are you from.

If you read my comments you will see what you call bashing was basically the truth as I knew it, I also had many good things to say regarding the drone , but your blinded to read this and would rather jump on your own bandwagon and call me a liar .
2019-10-9
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer

hallmark007 Posted at 10-9 06:03
Dji added waypoints in late January , there was a problem with them but this is what you wrote six months later regarding “defective mavic 2 for almost a year,” a blatant lie, considering waypoints were not promised on release of M2 and arrived 4 months after release, so a defective mavic 2 for almost year was a total lie which you continued with for 3 months so compulsory liar I’d say, you can’t have it both ways, Skydio are introducing a defective drone according to your thinking because it won’t have RC until later wouldn’t you agree, I’m applying you thought process here, or are you just here to disrupt for the sake of it .

Again, get your facts straight.  Skydio says the controller will be available when they start shipping.   Maybe that is not true, but we won't know until they start shipping.  Some beta testers already have the RC so what is the factual basis for your claim?

The only thing I may be disrupting is your bashing of a DJI competitor.

Still trying to understand your motivation for that?
2019-10-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

parkgt214 Posted at 10-9 07:00
Again, get your facts straight.  Skydio says the controller will be available when they start shipping.   Maybe that is not true, but we won't know until they start shipping.  Some beta testers already have the RC so what is the factual basis for your claim?

The only thing I may be disrupting is your bashing of a DJI competitor.

this coming from an idiot who claimed we needed new HW to fix waypoints, to someone who claimed dji was deleting his ridiculous repeating threads, from someone who said dji didn’t care about any of its customers, I think you take the biscuit for the person who bashes spreads false rumors and above all lies to forward your own case.
I’ll skip taking lectures from you.
2019-10-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

parkgt214 Posted at 10-9 07:00

The only thing I may be disrupting is your bashing of a DJI competitor.

You know I have read some of your posts, you complain when someone or is it just me doesn’t praise the new Skydio drone, you have spent most of your time here on this forum complaining about dji software app etc, it’s useless half baked you can’t understand why they got it so wrong.
I feel sorry for Skydio now because if the have to put up with your constant complaining they might not get off the ground.
Whining is what you do and you’ve been doing it on overdrive on this forum .
2019-10-9
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft

Originalas Posted at 10-4 08:17
Correct video link

https://youtu.be/kO_QzslEjk0

I have been telling this for quite sometime...DJI doesn't do their software development in house...
2019-10-9
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer

hallmark007 Posted at 10-9 07:48
You know I have read some of your posts, you complain when someone or is it just me doesn’t praise the new Skydio drone, you have spent most of your time here on this forum complaining about dji software app etc, it’s useless half baked you can’t understand why they got it so wrong.
I feel sorry for Skydio now because if the have to put up with your constant complaining they might not get off the ground.
Whining is what you do and you’ve been doing it on overdrive on this forum .

It makes not difference to me whether you praise the Skydio offering or not.  It would be good to provide the accurate easily available information rather than bashing with made up facts something  you seem to have no intention of buying .

Still don't understand the motivation for bashing something that doesn't effect you..

And yes, I whined and complained about the waypoints defect that was not fixed until after the Mavic2 had been out for over year.  With your help the issue did get plenty of attention on DJI's forum; that combined with emails from a number of us to DJI may have helped get the issue resolved sooner rather than later.

I had a vested interest in my complaint.  What is your interest in bashing Skydio?  If it is a terrible flop how will you be impacted?

2019-10-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

parkgt214 Posted at 10-9 13:29
It makes not difference to me whether you praise the Skydio offering or not.  It would be good to provide the accurate easily available information rather than bashing with made up facts something  you seem to have no intention of buying .

Still don't understand the motivation for bashing something that doesn't effect you..

Again you should read before you open your mouth, and you shouldn’t call people liars unless you know they are lying , your post was a complete attack on me and to call me a liar, and if you don’t like what you got back don’t get personal with others .
2019-10-9
Use props
dronepilotbob
lvl.3
Flight distance : 931795 ft

It’s hard to buy into an idea that their second drone release is that perfect and refined. I might be eating my words later but I highly doubt it.  

Again I’m all for competition, and wish Skydio did 60% of perfection that they showcase in the video. And game is on.

I’m looking forward to seeing real reviews by regular uav flyers.
2019-10-9
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer

hallmark007 Posted at 10-9 14:03
Again you should read before you open your mouth, and you shouldn’t call people liars unless you know they are lying , your post was a complete attack on me and to call me a liar, and if you don’t like what you got back don’t get personal with others .

Ok, my bad; maybe you just had some bad info.  

I still don't understand the bashing of a product that hasn't been released to the public.

I doubt their target group is those that find the Mavic2 perfect for all they care to film.  The Mavic2 does most things very well.  Filming where a high degree of obstacle avoidance is desired is not it's strength.  Many prefer other drones to the M2.  I really like mine and even more so with the waypoint issue fixed.  That does not mean that I can't appreciate the technology and strengths of the Skydio2.

Is it a perfect all purpose drone, no.  But, I do think many are going to very pleased that this drone will give them interesting footage that they could not get with their existing drone.  
2019-10-9
Use props
DanielVieira
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4633533 ft
  • >>>

This new drone from Skydio have a huge hype around it....everyone is saying that the drone do this and that but nothing is tested by real reviewers.....

The 1st  R1 was supposed to be a killer but in the real world it was not that great....
And i dont get why people is allways comparing to the Mavic series....its a different drone to a different objtive....Mavic series is for people that like to fly and compose shots on the other hand Skydio2 is for autonomous flying, i think no one is getting this drone for manual flying it....
2019-10-10
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft

dronepilotbob Posted at 10-9 14:27
It’s hard to buy into an idea that their second drone release is that perfect and refined. I might be eating my words later but I highly doubt it.  

Again I’m all for competition, and wish Skydio did 60% of perfection that they showcase in the video. And game is on.  

I'm awaiting numerous, actual usage and reviews as well.  I figure there would be a good amount of footage, even if it were promotional, of the Skydio 2 in action.  Generating buzz is good, though buzz is all there is right now.
2019-10-10
Use props
MJRH\
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23825 ft

Neo Supreme Posted at 10-10 03:31
I'm awaiting numerous, actual usage and reviews as well.  I figure there would be a good amount of footage, even if it were promotional, of the Skydio 2 in action.  Generating buzz is good, though buzz is all there is right now.

Same here.  Buzz is good but it can set expectations too high.  This could be a great drone but if it falls short of the buzz, it could unfairly get slammed.
2019-10-10
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>

DanielVieira Posted at 10-10 03:19
This new drone from Skydio have a huge hype around it....everyone is saying that the drone do this and that but nothing is tested by real reviewers.....

The 1st  R1 was supposed to be a killer but in the real world it was not that great....

I am getting Skydio 2 for manual flying with the remote controller. Sorry DJI for I have sinned, let me aton my sin by relasing new drones for me to buy danm you!
2019-10-10
Use props
roamer105
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3156145 ft
  • >>>

If the specs don't lie, this little drone is quite impressive. However, I think if you have to buy all the extras separately it is far too expensive. Maybe they should look into manufacturing in China??
2019-10-10
Use props
Toedles
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7676339 ft
  • >>>

fans4287815f Posted at 10-8 04:24
Well I came on here to hear what you guys had to say about it, wasn't disappointed ;)

I've barely started to use my Mavic Air, in fact every single time I've tried to fly I've had to update firmware and so given up on the flight. I believe all 3 batteries are updated now so my next flight might be more than pop up, spin round and back down again, which is all its ever done so far. Fact is, despite having only just purchased my Air, is this Skydio thing is as good as it looks, then yes, the moment it's available outside of the USA I'll get one.

Now that all your firmware is updated, you’ll have to do compass calibrations every time you take off hahahahaha
2019-10-15
Use props
djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11625174 ft
  • >>>

That is a stupid comparison. As a photographer using M2P, who cares too much about ACTIVE TRACK and Obstacle avoidance? Do you want to spend 1K for a toy?
2019-10-16
Use props
M Stuart K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1267717 ft
  • >>>
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 10-6 16:49
actually raw MP isn't the only thing, a lot more in the way.  optics are more important than raw MP count.  then there is also the protog themselves.. i'm sure a protog can capture much better material with a mavic air to show off then i can with a mavic 2 pro.. knowing your stuff is way up that list.  i imagine would surprise you to know there are people who professionally shoot for a living that pitted iPhone vs red cameras on youtube and had even me conflicted.. the reason comes down to them knowing their stuff.  

Well said!  Why so much put downs; it is for some people only.
2019-10-17
Use props
M Stuart K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1267717 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans4287815f Posted at 10-8 04:24
Well I came on here to hear what you guys had to say about it, wasn't disappointed ;)

I've barely started to use my Mavic Air, in fact every single time I've tried to fly I've had to update firmware and so given up on the flight. I believe all 3 batteries are updated now so my next flight might be more than pop up, spin round and back down again, which is all its ever done so far. Fact is, despite having only just purchased my Air, is this Skydio thing is as good as it looks, then yes, the moment it's available outside of the USA I'll get one.

Great!  I can mount my Sony action cam on my bike's handlebars for headup displays and use the Skydio 2 for overhead shots.  Love my Mavic 2 Pro but it is about useless for my action needs.  
2019-10-17
Use props
fans4287815f
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14196 ft
Malaysia

Toedles Posted at 10-15 21:14
Now that all your firmware is updated, you’ll have to do compass calibrations every time you take off hahahahaha

lol, see my latest post in my IMU rant...
2019-10-19
Use props
Toedles
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7676339 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

fans4287815f Posted at 10-19 23:47
lol, see my latest post in my IMU rant...

Lol, will do. Cheers.
2019-10-20
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7 Posted at 10-16 05:46
That is a stupid comparison. As a photographer using M2P, who cares too much about ACTIVE TRACK and Obstacle avoidance? Do you want to spend 1K for a toy?

people who are active and need a gopro for the sky..  not everyone is lazy and wanting to fly a drone standing up or sitting down.  no everyone buys a camera to be a photographer, as dumb as may sound to some people, there is a market in which Go-Pro's and other high end action camera's exist
2019-10-20
Use props
flyingfun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2551998 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

HereForTheBeer Posted at 10-20 10:30
people who are active and need a gopro for the sky..  not everyone is lazy and wanting to fly a drone standing up or sitting down.  no everyone buys a camera to be a photographer, as dumb as may sound to some people, there is a market in which Go-Pro's and other high end action camera's exist

Indeed this is how i use my drone . In action.
If i need static video or on the controls i take my mavic / inspire
2019-10-20
Use props
FlyBa2018
lvl.4
Hong Kong

Another x-sport vid showed that the Skydio 2 worked like a missile following the player. It wil be a great drone!
2019-10-20
Use props
flyingfun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2551998 ft
  • >>>
Luxembourg

FlyBa2018 Posted at 10-20 19:15
Another x-sport vid showed that the Skydio 2 worked like a missile following the player. It wil be a great drone!

Do you have the url ???
2019-10-22
Use props
djiuser_IvUne5SWYNyM
New

United States

I'm just getting into the drone scene and I had reserved a Skydio 2 unit but in talking with their support staff and getting more information, I ended up cancelling my reservation and ordering a Mavic 2 Pro. My biggest issue with the Skydio 2 is that if the drone deems the light level is too low for it to utilize it's obstacle avoidance sensors/tech it simply won't take off, no options for overriding it.

Support did say they were looking to add a night flight option for the enterprise level package, but there is no telling how much that will run. Their professional package was 2500 which was the Skydio 2, a hard case, the controller, and 3 batteries I believe.

Cost and usability wise, the Mavic 2 Pro was just the better buy for me, I got a ton of stuff for 2500 (M2P, 4 batteries, charging hub, backpack, smart controller, lenses, SD cards, etc...) and I can fly at night if I so choose (just have to be super vigilant and careful). I can't wait for it to come in so I can begin learning and flying it! I'm so excited!
2019-10-22
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules