I modded my Inspire 1 Pro to have 8 m/s verticals.
4141 12 2019-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>

It does 8 m/s verticals if you have a new battery in otherwise it drops back to 5 m/s.

8 m/s climb and 8 m/s decent.  I've seen 8.1 m/s climb steady.  Firmware mod

Whole reason why I got it in the first place.  I've also modded the GPS maximum attitude from 23° to 35°.  I had the attis at 50° but when you decend/ascend too fast at the same time you get a compass error while in flight but then goes away while in flight.  I put it back to 35°.  You can do other mods too but I've left them stock.  8 m/s decents are a great way to not kill battery life by waiting so long for it to come down plus the camera was mega stable even with 20mph+ wind.  I've deleted the footages and pictures by accident because I had to clear it when doing new values but I still have the phone recordings.
2019-10-4
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

BS ALERT!!!

a) 8 m/s vertical descent is also a good scenario to enter a fatal "toilet bowl" effect.
b) 8 m/s vertical descent turbulences may stress Inspire's frame to the point of disintegration.

Not recommended.
2019-10-4
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>

Can you elaborate on firmware modifications issue you've performed for your Inspire 1? Did you access the code?
2019-10-4
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 10-4 15:56
Can you elaborate on firmware modifications issue you've performed for your Inspire 1? Did you access the code?

You need to extract and mod the correct .bin with Java, Python, cmd using a file someone created.  It takes many manual Windows installation steps to get to that level.

I've modded w/ the Inspire 1 X3 firmware because if you mod w/ the other file on an X3 it won't work as that is for the X5.  I can make the X5 .bin file for you too if you want.  It doesn't take long.

You need to format the microSD to exFAT with default allocation.  Drop the .bin there and put it on the X3 with a full battery.  Don't power on the transmitter and let it sit beeping different tone sets after a while for around 10 minutes until the beeping stops and light flashes yellow.

2019-10-4
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 10-4 15:53
BS ALERT!!!

a) 8 m/s vertical descent is also a good scenario to enter a fatal "toilet bowl" effect.

8 m/s climb does not give any sign of "scary".  Descending at 8 m/s puts less stress on the airframe when the motors are near killed (turned off) because it's floating.  Racer quads do this all the time to get zero-G airtime.

When you fly at 90mph+ it puts more stress on the airframe than "free falling" at a controller 18mph.
Before I came to DJI I was making my own drones back in 2013.

It's actually safer to have an 8 m/s descent as you can take quick evasive action when there are aircraft.  W/ the M2 I get scared as it takes super long to come down.  The Phantom comes down faster but 3.0 m/s is garbage.  If you are high up and have to RTH, it's at 3.0 m/s so if you are up too high you are f*.

I miss being able to cut the motors and starting them instantly by just going full throttle down and slightly up.  It was direct drive feel w/ the Feiyu-tech controller.  It was great.

Not my vid.  I wasn't crazy enough to flip a 450.  The descent rate at 3:31 and other descents in the video would make you lose your mind if you think 8 m/s is extreme.

2019-10-4
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>

I can make a screen recording of 8.0 m/s in action if you want.
2019-10-4
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>

AntDX316 Posted at 10-4 17:00
I can make a screen recording of 8.0 m/s in action if you want.

No need to convince me, experiment and mod your drones any way and as much as you like ... It's a free world we're living in. That's why I feel free to warn other, less experienced members of this forum ...
2019-10-4
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 10-4 15:53
BS ALERT!!!

Matthew
Flyfly drones has many youtube videos on cracking some of the DJI drones using various software tools. The newer drones have many of the development features locked out and would be hard to hack the code.  lots of mods out there from the past  

All the best
Rich
2019-10-4
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 10-4 20:38
Matthew
Flyfly drones has many youtube videos on cracking some of the DJI drones using various software tools. The newer drones have many of the development features locked out and would be hard to hack the code.  lots of mods out there from the past  

that's where I got it from : )

It's funny how people don't just give you the file but I didn't want all the other features that weren't performance-related.
2019-10-4
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 10-4 20:38
Matthew
Flyfly drones has many youtube videos on cracking some of the DJI drones using various software tools. The newer drones have many of the development features locked out and would be hard to hack the code.  lots of mods out there from the past  

Rich, every man-made thing can be modified, tweaked, taken apart, improved, fixed or destroyed. I'm aware of that, and I'm heavily involved in modifications, as you know. I just don't have a desire or need to change anything Inspire's performance related, although my personal preferences are irrelevant.

However, it is my right to express doubts when somebody is trying to turn Inspire into a racing drone. Not every home-build vehicle is street legal ...
2019-10-4
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 10-4 23:07
Rich, every man-made thing can be modified, tweaked, taken apart, improved, fixed or destroyed. I'm aware of that, and I'm heavily involved in modifications, as you know. I just don't have a desire or need to change anything Inspire's performance related, although my personal preferences are irrelevant.

However, it is my right to express doubts when somebody is trying to turn Inspire into a racing drone. Not every home-build vehicle is street legal ...

okay I mostly agree with you.
2019-10-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

Wow, that is a bit too much DIY for me.
2019-10-5
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 10-4 23:07

The only thing that was really changed was the descent rate at 8.0 m/s and GPS speed from 40 to 50+ with the 23 degrees upped to 35°.  I assume if you fly it too fast you will outfly the GPS computer to the point where something overheats and you crash.

It takes a while for the batteries to warm up so it only rises at 4.0 m/s.  When it gets hotter it does 8.1m/s.

You can get on the ground in no time safely rather than have the wait wait wait wait when everything is clear performance.

The Inspire 2 is such a great drone.  It just needs an HDR computer capable of doing 4K60 like the Skydio 2.  You cannot fly 60mph+ like have the other drones in normal mode at full stick.
2019-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules