make burst mode more useful!
1270 7 2019-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
oberschneider.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4730358 ft
  • >>>

I'm primarily a sports photographer, so I was excited about the burst-mode feature on the Mavic 2 and hoped it would make it easier to capture fast action sequences that can't be captured with single shots. The Mavic 2 can capture up to 5 images in burst mode, but there's a big catch: the time interval between the shots is just way too short! It's like all those 5 shots are taken in less than half a second, which makes the whole burst mode useless, especially with the long delay after each burst, that makes it nearly impossible to capture another moment of the action sequence.

Now here's my suggestion: Please add a setting that lets users choose to increase the intervall between each single exposure in burst mode, so that e.g. the 5 frames are recorded in an intervall of 0.5 - 3 seconds, that would make it much easier to capture action shots. Please also allow the user to choose from a variety of options, like 5 frames in 0.5, 1, 2 or 3 seconds or similar. This should be quite easy to implement!

Thanks!

2019-10-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day oberschneider.com. Thank you for these information and for these suggestions you have shared. I will forward these suggestions to the designated DJI department for further development of the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest updates on the DJI Mavic 2 Pro, please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific of the DJI Mavic 2 Pro as well. Thank you for your valued support.
2019-10-5
Use props
oberschneider.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
Austria

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-5 07:32
Hello and good day oberschneider.com. Thank you for these information and for these suggestions you have shared. I will forward these suggestions to the designated DJI department for further development of the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest updates on the DJI Mavic 2 Pro, please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific of the DJI Mavic 2 Pro as well. Thank you for your valued support.

Hi Stephen, is there any update on this request?
2019-11-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

oberschneider.com Posted at 11-26 22:35
Hi Stephen, is there any update on this request?

Hello and good day oberschneider.com. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. As of the moment we still have no update or information with regards to the said matter.  I will keep you posted once there is an information cascaded to us. Thank you for your understanding.
2019-11-29
Use props
Kiwibonds
lvl.1

Ireland

Completely agree. As a train photographer with a drone (and there are many of us) being able to set the burst mode frames-per-second would be extremely useful to increase the pause between shots. With a little shutter lag sometimes, I have taken a lot of pictures with poles and trees in the way of my trains - a longer pause between burst mode pics would be realllly helpful.
2020-2-4
Use props
oberschneider.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
Austria

Kiwibonds Posted at 2-4 04:43
Completely agree. As a train photographer with a drone (and there are many of us) being able to set the burst mode frames-per-second would be extremely useful to increase the pause between shots. With a little shutter lag sometimes, I have taken a lot of pictures with poles and trees in the way of my trains - a longer pause between burst mode pics would be realllly helpful.

Thanks for supporting my suggestion, it's good to see that also other photographers are struggling with the crippled burst mode on the DJI drones. I wonder if we'll ever receive more than just the average "I will forward the suggestion to the designated DJI department" response...
2020-2-4
Use props
impossiblespeed261
lvl.1
Flight distance : 868225 ft
Australia

Kiwibonds Posted at 2020-2-4 04:43

Agreed! As a train photographer who has used multiple DJI drones since 2014, it's pretty disappointing that $3000+ drones still lack the ability to choose the frames per second of the burst shooting. I remember reading suggestion posts years ago and having some hope that things would change, but that hope is waning. As a photographer, I'm disheartened DJI drones seem to be so video feature packed but basic photography features remain forgotten.

The new Mavic 3 Pro brings better-than-ever hardware for action photography through the inclusion of longer focal lengths with RAW shooting, eg 48MP 70 mm. However, I haven't upgraded as the same limited burst function makes the DJI drones so frustratingly crippled for photography.

DJI, please, seriously consider implementing the ability to choose the frames per second (speed) of the burst shooting. I know I'm not alone in wanting this, there's a significant community who refrain from investing in DJI drone gear as the software doesn't meet the needs of action photographers.
2023-7-3
Use props
oberschneider.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
Austria

Thanks for bringing up this topic again, it's a shame it has not been fixed after all these years!
2023-7-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules