Your next drone
12Next >
4651 50 2019-10-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ssylca44
First Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft

Are you getting another DJI drone? If yes which one and when?
2019-10-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day ssylca44. Thank you for reaching out and for choosing DJI. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI co pilots with regards to this matter. For me personally I would recommend the DJI Mavic 2 Pro because of its 1” CMOS and in addition the DJI Mavic 2 Pro comes equipped with the all-new Hasselblad L1D-20c camera. The brand new 1-inch CMOS sensor has an active sensing area four times more effective than the original Mavic Pro. The large sensor also means better performance in low-light environments with a more extensive ISO range, and max ISO lifted from 3200 to 12800. Thank you.
2019-10-5
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-5 07:42
Hello and good day ssylca44. Thank you for reaching out and for choosing DJI. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI co pilots with regards to this matter. For me personally I would recommend the DJI Mavic 2 Pro because of its 1” CMOS and in addition the DJI Mavic 2 Pro comes equipped with the all-new Hasselblad L1D-20c camera. The brand new 1-inch CMOS sensor has an active sensing area four times more effective than the original Mavic Pro. The large sensor also means better performance in low-light environments with a more extensive ISO range, and max ISO lifted from 3200 to 12800. Thank you.

Thank you, Stephen, for your recommendation, indeed, I have the Mavic 2 Pro in mind for my next DJI drone.
2019-10-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

ssylca44 Posted at 10-5 07:54
Thank you, Stephen, for your recommendation, indeed, I have the Mavic 2 Pro in mind for my next DJI drone.

You are very much welcome ssylca44. In addition I will be posting a link where in you can find the specifications and overview of the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Again thank you for choosing DJI and keep on flying.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-2?site=brandsite&from=nav
2019-10-5
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106526 ft

The Mavic 2 Pro is at the top of my shopping list but it will probably have to wait until spring.
2019-10-5
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer

Prairie Chicken Posted at 10-5 08:33
The Mavic 2 Pro is at the top of my shopping list but it will probably have to wait until spring.

Good idea, as DJI may lower its price to compete with Skydio 2.
2019-10-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

Mavic 2 zoom
When I have saved enough
2019-10-5
Use props
CasualDronePilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 146135 ft

For now I'll stick to the Spark. Just ordered a couple of batteries as an addition to the three I have so far. Have been tempted to get a Mavic 2 (most likely Pro) for quite some time, but since winter is coming soon, I'll wait until next year.
2019-10-5
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer

CasualDronePilot Posted at 10-5 10:46
For now I'll stick to the Spark. Just ordered a couple of batteries as an addition to the three I have so far. Have been tempted to get a Mavic 2 (most likely Pro) for quite some time, but since winter is coming soon, I'll wait until next year.

I likely will do the same unless it goes on sale for Christmas,
2019-10-5
Use props
Warriewoodlad
Second Officer
Flight distance : 625230 ft

A MP2 would be nice, but I will stick with my MP (and spark) for at least another year. I wonder what will be on offer then?  
2019-10-5
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>

Well, I have had 7 DJI drones so far (inspire 1 not showing) the next "greater than M2pro will possibly be my next drone.
2019-10-5
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>

I probably would buy another DJI drone if they would actually release another drone.  But since they haven't released anything in the consumer/prosumer area for over a year, my most recent purchase was an Evo and my next purchase will be the Skydio.  Here's to hoping DJI comes out with something soon, but based on the Osita/DJI marketing "leak/prediction" they released the day after the Skydio 2 was announced, we may be further away from a new drone than I expected.
2019-10-5
Use props
Nidge
Second Officer

Currently there’s nothing in the current DJI range that gives me fuzzy tingle times. The Skydio2 has peaked my interest but as it won’t be available outside USA and Canada it will remain a mere pipe dream. For the time being I’ll stick with my Parrot Anafi as my grab and go rig and continue with the opensource projects for the more technical uses.  I still have a half dozen or so Naza flight controllers I was going to use for some autonomous projects but unfortunately DJI bricked the Datalink modules when they released there NFZ’s for it back in 2014, and then immediately dropped all support for it.

Regards

Nidge.
2019-10-6
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>

I think, my next one will be a mavic, eh, 3? ;-)
Right now I am good with my Sparks plus the one jungle bird from france.

As long as they work and do what I want 'em to do, I have no need to buy another.
2019-10-6
Use props
jyc
First Officer
Flight distance : 2255846 ft

Right now available time to fly and number of aircraft are well balanced, no need to buy anything.
2019-10-6
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer

S-e-ven Posted at 10-6 01:48
I think, my next one will be a mavic, eh, 3? ;-)
Right now I am good with my Sparks plus the one jungle bird from france.

I tend to agree with you, Mavic 3 might come in 2020!
2019-10-6
Use props
Mort62
lvl.3
Flight distance : 505046 ft

Waiting to see if dji has a new release. Looking at Skydio also.
If no dji release going to buy that for xmas.
2019-10-6
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer

KlooGee Posted at 10-5 15:27
I probably would buy another DJI drone if they would actually release another drone.  But since they haven't released anything in the consumer/prosumer area for over a year, my most recent purchase was an Evo and my next purchase will be the Skydio.  Here's to hoping DJI comes out with something soon, but based on the Osita/DJI marketing "leak/prediction" they released the day after the Skydio 2 was announced, we may be further away from a new drone than I expected.

Hi,
I like your youtube videos.
I am intrigued by Skydio 2 using a lot of AI but I also like the manual control that the Mavic 2 offers. Just would like DJI to come-up with a new Mavic!
2019-10-6
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>

Phantom 5.
2019-10-7
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>

ssylca44 Posted at 10-6 13:58
Hi,
I like your youtube videos.
I am intrigued by Skydio 2 using a lot of AI but I also like the manual control that the Mavic 2 offers. Just would like DJI to come-up with a new Mavic!

Thanks for the kind words.  I better get started pushing out more videos again soon!

I think we are probably still nearly a year away from the Mavic 3 being released.  However, maybe they'll rush that quicker if they see Skydio starts taking more of their market share.  So far they really haven't had any competition to be force them move quicker.  Hopefully the Skydio is that competition the industry really needs.
2019-10-7
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer

KlooGee Posted at 10-7 04:50
Thanks for the kind words.  I better get started pushing out more videos again soon!

I think we are probably still nearly a year away from the Mavic 3 being released.  However, maybe they'll rush that quicker if they see Skydio starts taking more of their market share.  So far they really haven't had any competition to be force them move quicker.  Hopefully the Skydio is that competition the industry really needs.

Hello KlooGee,
Agreed, and yes a few more videos would be great. Cheers from Canada.
2019-10-7
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>

The Skydo2 comes with the Anafi controller?
How is that happening?
2019-10-7
Use props
Fsong
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6794646 ft
  • >>>

No one for spark 2? I am the faithful fan of SPARK. I want SPARK II in 2020!
2019-10-7
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer

Fsong Posted at 10-7 06:05
No one for spark 2? I am the faithful fan of SPARK. I want SPARK II in 2020!

We can only hope!
2019-10-7
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>

S-e-ven Posted at 10-7 06:05
The Skydo2 comes with the Anafi controller?
How is that happening?

I answer myself, found the reason:

"The Controller also looks like the Parrot Anafi controller, and there is a reason for this. The company partnered with Parrot to create the Skydio Controller, and yes, it is the same hardware that comes with the Anafi."

So, I could use that controller for the Skydio2? Interesting it is!
Nope, that's a bummer:
" It won’t be compatible with the Anafi, nor will an Anafi controller be compatible with Skydio 2."

2019-10-7
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer

S-e-ven Posted at 10-7 06:36
I answer myself, found the reason:

"The Controller also looks like the Parrot Anafi controller, and there is a reason for this. The company partnered with Parrot to create the Skydio Controller, and yes, it is the same hardware that comes with the Anafi."

Because of different firmware in the controller!
2019-10-7
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>

ssylca44 Posted at 10-7 06:43
Because of different firmware in the controller!

Question: can it be re-flashed, easily?
2019-10-7
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer

S-e-ven Posted at 10-7 06:54
Question: can it be re-flashed, easily?

Depends, first one needs the source code, then the hardware to reprogramme the memory.
2019-10-7
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>

ssylca44 Posted at 10-7 06:57
Depends, first one needs the source code, then the hardware to reprogramme the memory.

I would like that!
Don't need 2 the same RC's for 2 different drones.

2019-10-7
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer

S-e-ven Posted at 10-7 07:01
I would like that!
Don't need 2 the same RC's for 2 different drones.

One good in electronics could install 2 memory chips, each one with its own firmware and switch between both.
2019-10-7
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>

ssylca44 Posted at 10-7 07:06
One good in electronics could install 2 memory chips, each one with its own firmware and switch between both.

I think that it should be possible, to flash between both fw's
A update is not much different, flashing the/a new fw
2019-10-7
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer

S-e-ven Posted at 10-7 07:13
I think that it should be possible, to flash between both fw's
A update is not much different, flashing the/a new fw

Agreed, the difficulty is getting the source code!
2019-10-7
Use props
jimm00re
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1277503 ft

Before considering new drones from DJi, I’d like to see a little more support for the current and recently EOL models. The absence of supporting parts like batteries and remote controls on the DJI website and official resellers is disturbing. These should not be so hard to find for supporting products like the Spark or Phantom 4A. The standard depending on state ranges from five to seven years (CA), and DJI is not living up to this support standard.   
2019-10-7
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>

I preordered the Skydio 2.  So in November hopefully, that’ll be my next drone.
2019-10-7
Use props
jimm00re
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1277503 ft

Oracle Miata Posted at 10-7 08:15
I preordered the Skydio 2.  So in November hopefully, that’ll be my next drone.

Nice, just visited the site. Looks very promising. Please let us know how you like it when you get a hold of one.
2019-10-7
Use props
NRRTRAINS 85
lvl.4

the Spark will most likely be my last drone . the only reason i bought  this Spark was  a friend had it and when he first ordered it though it was like a Mavic  but we all know it is nowhere like a Mavic and sold it to me real cheap with the flymore combo and only two flights , one on each battery . another bad note is I live in NYC and it is hard to find a place you can fly where someone will not say something or say you can't fly hear .  i've been flying for years and have a good collection of drones , when i go upstate i can fly all my toy's .
fly safe
2019-10-11
Use props
DroneOrz.com
lvl.2

like this
https://droneorz.com/i-find-safe-way-to-use-inspire-2/
2019-10-11
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft

An Inspire 3. Failing that it will have to be the 2.
2019-10-11
Use props
D2_hunter
lvl.4
United States

for me maybe not in the near future
2019-10-26
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer
Canada