ROCKSTEADY horizon loss
832 5 2019-10-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MKosmo
lvl.4

Its been mentioned a few times before, the horizon loss when using rocksteady.

Ive had it a handful of times, but since the new firmware - or maybe its just coincidence but i now get it about 50% of my shots.

( hyperlapse and regular video. )

There doesnt seem an obvious pattern to it.  

The attached picture below happened when walking in a straight line forward, no pans or big movements, the video just slowly tilted and remained offset. This is an extreme example , but the tilt varies - its usually less, about half this.

For me, it will have to be returned - its too much of a problem now.  Unless there is a calibration routine anyone knows of ?

Maybe worth keeping an eye out for.

RS horizon loss

RS horizon loss

2019-10-5
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 486381 ft

Did you do a factory reset after the firmware update?  I always have to do that otherwise things go a bit weird.
2019-10-5
Use props
jefish
lvl.3

Seemed to be a permanent problem for me, returned the camera. Hoping it's fixed in the future,
2019-10-5
Use props
jefish
lvl.3

Seemed to be a permanent problem for me, returned the camera. Hoping it's fixed in the future,

https://forum.dji.com/thread-193739-1-1.html
2019-10-5
Use props
MKosmo
lvl.4

thanks for the replies.

Yes I did reset the camera after the update, but always a good first move !

With an action camera, its actually not always obvious when you loose the horizon - but on some shots it can ruin it unfortunately.

jefish , so you returned and didn't get another one after this ?

I suspect this doesn't effect many Action's otherwise it would have been commented on more.

Mine is now returned and now have to decide if I buy another OA or try the other brand-8 that shall not be mentioned.

2019-10-6
Use props
jefish
lvl.3

MKosmo Posted at 10-6 10:01
thanks for the replies.

Yes I did reset the camera after the update, but always a good first move !

I did not get another. I'll stick with the GP7 for now, until people stop posting issues with the OA. I'm sure DJI will iron things out sometime, and I'm looking forward to trying the OA again.
2019-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules