6054 14 2019-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>

All,

After a little research I was finally able to confirm the following SIMULATOR Cable does indeed work with the DJI FPV Remote Controller.  There was very little information out there on the internet so I'm hoping this may help a few of you.   Unfortunately, I was only able to test on Windows 10 Home Edition and not on MAC OS.

Regards,
Ron

2019-10-6
Use props
5zero7rc
lvl.4

That looks identical to the one I use.  Bought it a few years ago and don't know the brand.  But it does work on a Mac just fine.

2019-10-6
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>

5zero7rc Posted at 10-6 17:42
That looks identical to the one I use.  Bought it a few years ago and don't know the brand.  But it does work on a Mac just fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi_QiS1jt3o

Yes, I think it's the same cable.  For anyone else looking this is the cable I used.  Hopefully, DJI will put one up in their DJI Store as well but to date they don't have any.

DJI Simulator Cable:  https://amzn.to/30PUgMN

2019-10-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day RGMGFitness. Thank you for sharing these information and sharing this accessory (Flight Simulator Cable ) you have purchased. In addition I will forward this thread to the designated DJI department for further development of DJI and of the DJI FPV accessories. Thank you.
2019-10-7
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-7 08:06
Hello and good day RGMGFitness. Thank you for sharing these information and sharing this accessory (Flight Simulator Cable ) you have purchased. In addition I will forward this thread to the designated DJI department for further development of DJI and of the DJI FPV accessories. Thank you.

Sounds good.  I appreciate your forwarding this information.  I think this will improve people's experience with this product.   
2019-10-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for the info!
2019-10-7
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>

Montfrooij Posted at 10-7 11:03
Thanks for the info!

Anytime...I figure if I'm having a difficult time finding information others are as well.  
2019-10-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

RGMGFitness Posted at 10-7 11:31
Anytime...I figure if I'm having a difficult time finding information others are as well.

Very true!
2019-10-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

RGMGFitness Posted at 10-7 08:56
Sounds good.  I appreciate your forwarding this information.  I think this will improve people's experience with this product.

You are very much welcome RGMGFitness. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you.
2019-10-8
Use props
zer0zg
New

Had some trouble getting this working for the first time. What I believe fixed it for me was letting the battery charge 100% to the point the lights turned out, not just waiting for 4 bars. Controller was recognized but inop before that.
2019-10-14
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>

zer0zg Posted at 10-14 05:57
Had some trouble getting this working for the first time. What I believe fixed it for me was letting the battery charge 100% to the point the lights turned out, not just waiting for 4 bars. Controller was recognized but inop before that.

Interesting...Yes, I did get my controller a full charge before using.  Actually, let it sit overnight.  
2019-10-14
Use props
Mion
lvl.1

Has anyone got the cable to work on simulators? I get unkown device on Liftoff
2019-10-16
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mion Posted at 10-16 10:25
Has anyone got the cable to work on simulators? I get unkown device on Liftoff

Correct.  It showns as 'UNKNOWN' but it will work once the RC has been fully charged and calibrated.  Additionally, I reached out to DJI (in separate thread) advising them of the 'UNKNOWN' status so they can get it synced with Liftoff software.  No ETA on that but I did make them aware.....

Here's the other thread as well:  https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid1982882

2019-10-17
Use props
Mion
lvl.1

Norway

RGMGFitness Posted at 10-17 04:48
Correct.  It showns as 'UNKNOWN' but it will work once the RC has been fully charged and calibrated.  Additionally, I reached out to DJI (in separate thread) advising them of the 'UNKNOWN' status so they can get it synced with Liftoff software.  No ETA on that but I did make them aware.....

Here's the other thread as well:  https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=200043&page=1#pid1982882

I have it fully charged and tried to calibrate but I got stuck in the "center" your sticks since the game doesnt even register my sticks when moving around I think.
2019-10-17
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mion Posted at 10-17 06:27
I have it fully charged and tried to calibrate but I got stuck in the "center" your sticks since the game doesnt even register my sticks when moving around I think.

Not sure what kind of computer your using.  I tested this specific cable on a Windows 10 Home Edition PC without any issue.  No additional drivers were needed or installed.

Just make sure the cable is fully seated (you may need to reboot your PC) and it should be flashing red when the cables working properly.  I did notice that if the cable isn't seated exactly right the connection can sometimes be lost.  Hope that helps...
2019-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules