Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
rural area
2189 16 2019-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJDudu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 102631 ft

Hello,

just wanted to share my first short footage I took over some rural area. It is one of my very first videos and I am aware that the editing is absolutely nightmare. Guess we all started from somewhere any beginner's tips are very welcome.

2019-10-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

Nice video
What type of transition is that you used?
It has a strange grain to it.
2019-10-7
Use props
DJDudu
lvl.4

Montfrooij Posted at 10-7 03:17
Nice video
What type of transition is that you used?
It has a strange grain to it.

I think it is called Dither Dissolve or something. I just pressed some random buttons xD
2019-10-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>

DJDudu Posted at 10-7 03:35
I think it is called Dither Dissolve or something. I just pressed some random buttons xD

Ah ok.
It looks a bit out of place in this edit.
(my personal preference is to totally skip transitions, unless I really want one because it looks good)
2019-10-7
Use props
ShermanFlyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 596896 ft

Nice catch with the deer
Keep it simple, short clips tend to keep people interested. After you edit, leave it a day and go look at it again before you publish.
Check out some videos on YouTube, lots of information available.
2019-10-7
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft

I usually skip transitions unless I want to indicate time passing, like "slow down."
2019-10-7
Use props
DJDudu
lvl.4

@Tentoes and @Montfrooij now that I think of it I guess you guys are right. I will not be using transitions next time. Thanks!

@ShermanFlyer IKR! when I saw the deer I panicked and followed them like crazy. Needed to cut the clip so much cuz I did so many unnecessary camera movements. xD
2019-10-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day DJDudu. Thank you for sharing this cool video you have captured. Great work and thank you for your support. .
2019-10-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>

DJDudu Posted at 10-7 05:52
@Tentoes and @Montfrooij now that I think of it I guess you guys are right. I will not be using transitions next time. Thanks!

@ShermanFlyer IKR! when I saw the deer I panicked and followed them like crazy. Needed to cut the clip so much cuz I did so many unnecessary camera movements. xD

You're welcome!
2019-10-7
Use props
DJDudu
lvl.4

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-7 10:18
Hello and good day DJDudu. Thank you for sharing this cool video you have captured. Great work and thank you for your support.  .

Thank to you sir and to all DJI Team for a great product!
2019-10-7
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

Nice to see, thanks for sharing
2019-10-8
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft

Chasing the deer shot is cool.
2019-10-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

DJDudu Posted at 10-7 11:04
Thank to you sir and to all DJI Team for a great product!

You are very much welcome DJDudu. Rest assure that DJI will continue to create more great product in the future for our valued DJI co pilots and DJI members. Please stay safe always and keep on flying. .
2019-10-8
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft

I liked it!
2019-10-8
Use props
maddox
First Officer

Great to watch, nice footage
2019-10-9
Use props
H5 Adventures
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1042949 ft
United States

I really can't say anything that hasn't been mentioned above.  I second the opinion that transitions are (almost always) unnecessary and can take away from the cinematic experience (I learned this through many errors in the beginning). There are a lot of tutorials on youtube that cover techniques to improve your footage. Find something you like and try to emulate it. Compose your shot as a photographer would (rules of third, foreground, background, etc).  

Not a bad start at all.  The deer shot was by far my favorite!  
2019-10-18
Use props
YT DRONE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790161 ft
Canada

Nice Video for first Video~~
2019-10-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules