An endless quest for a new front lens and poor shipping...?
1119 11 2019-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rockyraaccoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 982382 ft

I'm looking for a replacement front lens for the M2P. Anybody have any leads on where to find one?

2019-10-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Do you mean the lens cover rather than the lens?  If so Polarpro do one - https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/p ... ries_uv_filter.html
2019-10-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Rockyraaccoon. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. For us to be able to help you further with regards to this inquiry. Please send and email to support@dji.com for us to be able to assist you further regarding this matter and to see if the said front stock lens for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro is available. Thank you for your support.

2019-10-7
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1167008 ft

DAFlys Posted at 10-7 06:03
Do you mean the lens cover rather than the lens?  If so Polarpro do one - https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1504800-REG/polarpro_m2p_uv_cinema_series_uv_filter.html

Another Polar Pro rip.  $35 for something that should cost less than $15.00!
2019-10-7
Use props
Rockyraaccoon
lvl.4

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-7 09:29
Hello and good day Rockyraaccoon. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. For us to be able to help you further with regards to this inquiry. Please send and email to  for us to be able to assist you further regarding this matter and to see if the said front stock lens for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro is available. Thank you for your support.

Thanks for the help Stephen,

I emailed late last night and got a reply this afternoon. Looks like a new lens is heading my way.

Thanks again.
2019-10-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Rockyraaccoon Posted at 10-8 15:39

I emailed late last night and got a reply this afternoon. Looks like a new lens is heading my way.

You are very much welcome Rockyraaccoon and I am very glad to assist you. It is great to know that you were able to acquire the said lens. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you.
2019-10-8
Use props
SkyJax Aerial
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4127283 ft
  • >>>

Rockyraaccoon Posted at 10-8 15:39

Are they sending you a new one free under warranty or did you have to buy it? And if so how much?
2019-10-8
Use props
Rockyraaccoon
lvl.4

SkyJax Aerial Posted at 10-8 16:36
Are they sending you a new one free under warranty or did you have to buy it? And if so how much?

They are sending me one....after shipping the costs was $17.
2019-10-11
Use props
Rockyraaccoon
lvl.4
United States

Rockyraaccoon Posted at 10-11 12:58
They are sending me one....after shipping the costs was $17.

Well, Here I am.....almost a month later and the UV Lens Cover replacement still hasn't shown up. I've had an email dialogue with DJI CS for a week or so now and all they're saying is it was shipped. So we'll see how much longer this goes on.
2019-11-11
Use props
Rockyraaccoon
lvl.4
United States

Rockyraaccoon Posted at 11-11 10:09
Well, Here I am.....almost a month later and the UV Lens Cover replacement still hasn't shown up. I've had an email dialogue with DJI CS for a week or so now and all they're saying is it was shipped. So we'll see how much longer this goes on.

The replacement lens finally showed up today and I'm extremely disappointed with DJI and the way they handled this.  The total shipping time took more than a month from their box to mine....which I can deal with....I've dealt with slow shipping a lot. But what I can't accept is their apparent lack of care for my product or my needs. So, I opened my mail box to find an enveloped from DJI. I'm thinking YAY! It finally showed up. But upon further inspection....I realized they just shoved the lens in an envelop and mailed it. No package, no cushion, no padding. Just a lens in an envelope. The attachment posts are clearly broken through the envelop. When I opened it up, I also found the glass was broken away from the housing.

This is complete garbage. So now I have two less than stellar front lens. Thanks for wasting my time and money DJI.

2019-11-15
Use props
BobB
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Rockyraaccoon Posted at 11-15 09:20
The replacement lens finally showed up today and I'm extremely disappointed with DJI and the way they handled this.  The total shipping time took more than a month from their box to mine....which I can deal with....I've dealt with slow shipping a lot. But what I can't accept is their apparent lack of care for my product or my needs. So, I opened my mail box to find an enveloped from DJI. I'm thinking YAY! It finally showed up. But upon further inspection....I realized they just shoved the lens in an envelop and mailed it. No package, no cushion, no padding. Just a lens in an envelope. The attachment posts are clearly broken through the envelop. When I opened it up, I also found the glass was broken away from the housing.

This is complete garbage. So now I have two less than stellar front lens. Thanks for wasting my time and money DJI.

wow that is BAAAAAD this is not acceptable DJI!
2019-11-15
Use props
Rockyraaccoon
lvl.4
United States

Now check this out. Today in the mail I find another package....this one from the us postal service. Inside of it is another envelope from DJI......also with damage from the post of a mavic 2 pro front lens cover. On the back of the usps envelope was an apology for damage to the original package.  I'm assuming this was the original shipment that never showed, DJI must have sent the second lens (the damaged lens from my other post) after my concerned email about the lens not showing up. Anyway, I open up the DJI envelope to find another lens, this one with one of the 4 post broken off. But hey....at least the glass is still attached. Come on DJI.....pick up your game. If nothing else just charge me more for a padded envelope and shipping.
20191118_153323.jpg
20191118_152936.jpg
20191118_153342.jpg
2019-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules