Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
To All Moderators
12Next >
6353 69 2019-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>

Dear dji Moderators, I feel it’s only fair that you give some answers here on this thread, many SC users wanting to know when SC will update to latest app software, I’m certain you realize that SC users paid a premium for their controllers and it was also said by moderators on this forum that SC users would not have to wait for Software updates, right now dji are in breech of this, but more than that the mere fact that dji have refused to answer customers questions regarding when software will be brought up to date and continue to ignore its users is a serious indictment on your company.

I await your reply as soon as you can, but I’m afraid just as users have been ignored up to now I fear at this stage no answer will be forthcoming, dji have been clearly disingenuous on this matter and their silence on the matter shows how little they care about their customers and how quickly after they take their money they decide to ignore or accept any responsibility for delay with latest software app update.

I remain skeptical that any moderator will give a clear answer and update to this question .
2019-10-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

You can clearly see from FAQ on dji website for SC that it says that dji go4 app and dji go4 for SC will be updated simultaneously.
Well it’s pretty clear this is completely untrue and needs to either be removed as a lie on djis website or policy needs to change regarding updating SC.

2019-10-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

It's something about culture differences I think.
Don't say 'no'
But we can't say 'yes' (because that would be lying.)
So we say nothing.
2019-10-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

Montfrooij Posted at 10-7 11:03
It's something about culture differences I think.
Don't say 'no'
But we can't say 'yes' (because that would be lying.)

I guess them saying nothing just infuriates everyone, this is about app update that’s already out there it’s not anything new .
2019-10-7
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>

I’m really glad I didn’t buy the SC, as it’s going to be as obsolete as CS monitors soon.  I’ve been burned to many times already.  
2019-10-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

Oracle Miata Posted at 10-7 12:15
I’m really glad I didn’t buy the SC, as it’s going to be as obsolete as CS monitors soon.  I’ve been burned to many times already.

Everything about it is great except they have now decided not to update with no explanation and something very strange going on with beta version , I still have original RC in fact I have two lol, but that’s not the point .
2019-10-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

hallmark007 Posted at 10-7 11:58
I guess them saying nothing just infuriates everyone, this is about app update that’s already out there it’s not anything new .

I know.
I have noticed it so many times.
Bad news is not told.
Must be something cultural.
2019-10-7
Use props
BobB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft

You are talking about software and not firmware? I received a DJI Pilot app update last week to 1.6.0. Not sure why everyone isn't getting it. Too weird I just looked at the support download page and they list 1.5.0
2019-10-7
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

Brother hallmark007, you've been around for quite some time, weren't you? Did you learn anything about DJI Forum moderators, anything at all? DJI Mindy times are gone, my friend ...
2019-10-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

BobB Posted at 10-7 14:25
You are talking about software and not firmware? I received a DJI Pilot app update last week to 1.6.0. Not sure why everyone isn't getting it. Too weird I just looked at the support download page and they list 1.5.0

Yes I’m talking SW .
2019-10-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 10-7 14:42
Brother hallmark007, you've been around for quite some time, weren't you? Did you learn anything about DJI Forum moderators, anything at all? DJI Mindy times are gone, my friend ...

Has dji Ken gone lol, I do understand where your coming from and my inner wisdom fully agrees with you, but my mother once said if you don’t ask the question it’s almost certain you won’t get the answer, I’m doing it for my mother (;+) .....
2019-10-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi hallmark007, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused, the DJI Smart Controller’s built-in DJI GO 4 was supposed to be updated synchronously with Android DJI GO 4, we are still working on it.
Firmware v01.00.0530 has added the ability to update the built-in DJI GO 4 and DJI Pilot apps independently from the system update.
Currently, it is recommended to download the APK files in official website: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4
  • Move the APK file into the root of SD card.
  • Entering the Storage→external_sd on file manager, you could see the APK file. By clicking the file to install it. (Noted: this way could cover the old version App directly with the data remain)
  • After installed, there would be showing “data initializing” by checking DJI GO 4, but the account and relative settings would not be changed when it is done.

2019-10-7
Use props
akozc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2019951 ft

Well said Hallmark007 totally agreed  and thanks for elevating this "gangrened" issue.  

Apart from the DJI Go 4 simultaneous update release issue, another big negative is very outdated Android system onboard, which probably will be never ever updated.
  Yes, we all know it is a tailored version but still well behind any ordinary 100$ Android phones.
  I am holding my breath hoping all these could be addressed soon , otherwise I may fully regret not to listen the DJI Flagship store Technician in Hong Kong, who was advising me to stay with my iPad , when I asked his opinion before I purchased my SC.  

2019-10-7
Use props
BobB
Second Officer

DJI Mindy Posted at 10-7 19:21
Hi hallmark007, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused, the DJI Smart Controller’s built-in DJI GO 4 was supposed to be updated synchronously with Android DJI GO 4, we are still working on it.
Firmware v01.00.0530 has added the ability to update the built-in DJI GO 4 and DJI Pilot apps independently from the system update.
Currently, it is recommended to download the APK files in official website: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4

Welcome back Mindy. Have you been on vacation? and thank you for posting up the new version for hallmark. He's been a bear lately lol
2019-10-7
Use props
raven swe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517936 ft

it still links to the .14 version
2019-10-7
Use props
Sunstone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 960732 ft

Hi hallmark007, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused, the DJI Smart Controller’s built-in DJI GO 4 was supposed to be updated synchronously with Android DJI GO 4, we are still working on it.

Odd that the download page states V4.3.24 But appears to download V4.3.14 but that my SC has V4.3.16 already. Frustrating to say the least.

2019-10-8
Use props
BobB
Second Officer

This link was posted a few minutes ago in another thread here. Not sure about it so use at your own risk > https://apk.gold/download?file_i ... for-drones-since-p4
2019-10-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Sunstone Posted at 10-8 02:15
Odd that the download page states V4.3.24 But appears to download V4.3.14 but that my SC has V4.3.16 already. Frustrating to say the least.

[view_image]

Hi Sunstone, when did you try? It should have been fixed several days ago, could you please try again?
2019-10-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

BobB Posted at 10-7 22:55
Welcome back Mindy. Have you been on vacation? and thank you for posting up the new version for hallmark. He's been a bear lately lol

Thank you Bob, I have just come back from the holiday, I will do my best to help here.
2019-10-8
Use props
Sunstone
lvl.2

DJI Mindy Posted at 10-8 05:08
Hi Sunstone, when did you try? It should have been fixed several days ago, could you please try again?

Hi Mindy

I tried this around 3-4 hours ago.

Is it worth trying again? or could it be that the file name was simply incorrect where v4.3.14 was actually v4.3.24 ...which on reflection maybe thats whats happened?

Thankyou

Steve
2019-10-8
Use props
DanielVieira
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4633533 ft
  • >>>

Still download .14 version...
2019-10-8
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3DtL3S
lvl.4
Flight distance : 510968 ft

Regarding the Android version, as long as it supports the latest version of Go4 I don't mind that much. This is a dedicated device for one purpose only, not a general purpose phone. If it performs its single purpose well, I'm good.
2019-10-8
Use props
Sunstone
lvl.2

DanielVieira Posted at 10-8 05:22

Ok. So it isnt a case that the actual filename has been given the wrong name? i.e.  V4.3.14 instead of V4.3.24 ???

Just seemed odd that they'd still have an older version of the update on the site than whats on my SC currently. (V4.3.16). Or is this just par for the course for Dji?
2019-10-8
Use props
SD_Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>

DJI Mindy Posted at 10-8 05:11
Thank you Bob, I have just come back from the holiday, I will do my best to help here.

Why Mindy isn't the SUPER MODERATOR !  
2019-10-8
Use props
Bcor666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 437907 ft

Also here (Germany) in it´s just the .14 from the official DJI-Site... (I know i could download it from other sites)
But it´s a joke that the SC-User have to try such workarounds and DJI could not solve such problems faster.....
Maybe it´s really different way of thinking (cultures) how to support
2019-10-8
Use props
Sunstone
lvl.2

Out of sheer curiosity I downloaded it via the 'Android' link and tried to run it, but each time I've downloaded it and attempted an install, it states 'The Package appears to be Corrupt'

I've tried running from both internal memory and SD card. Doing a fresh download to each.

Its a no go.
2019-10-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

BobB Posted at 10-7 22:55
Welcome back Mindy. Have you been on vacation? and thank you for posting up the new version for hallmark. He's been a bear lately lol

No not really, 1 I wanted to test litchi with new FW improvements , not possible without app update, 2 there were many fractured threads complaining about no app update, I know this has been a major bugbear with crystalsky over the last two years , would hate to think after many promises by dji that this would not happen they are going to allow SC to go the same way.
Now next is to try to find out what has happened to beta program which also seems to be dead in the water .
2019-10-8
Use props
BobB
Second Officer

hallmark007 Posted at 10-8 06:46
No not really, 1 I wanted to test litchi with new FW improvements , not possible without app update, 2 there were many fractured threads complaining about no app update, I know this has been a major bugbear with crystalsky over the last two years , would hate to think after many promises by dji that this would not happen they are going to allow SC to go the same way.
Now next is to try to find out what has happened to beta program which also seems to be dead in the water .

ya was just a joke. Have a good rest of your day and drone on
2019-10-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

djiuser_Kf4iPA3DtL3S Posted at 10-8 05:25
Regarding the Android version, as long as it supports the latest version of Go4 I don't mind that much. This is a dedicated device for one purpose only, not a general purpose phone. If it performs its single purpose well, I'm good.

Well it was supposed to simultaneously update app when djigo4 updates, but last app did not update so whatever changes to M2 in last FW update is basically useless . If dji promised to update app simultaneously then that’s what should happen, crystalsky has been completely let down by dji because of this problem , and I for one hope SRC doesn’t end up the same way .
2019-10-8
Use props
Sunstone
lvl.2

and to rub it in that bit further my android phone has just received Go4 V4.3.25  ...wow. so my SC wasnt even updated to Vx.x.24 before my phone got this latest update. #niceone
2019-10-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

Hi hallmark007, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused, the DJI Smart Controller’s built-in DJI GO 4 was supposed to be updated synchronously with Android DJI GO 4, we are still working on it.

I appreciate you addressing this matter and thank you for the work around, but part of my point is dji promised that SC would not be delayed for any updates, most people don’t want the hassle of having to jump through hoops just to update software, I think that dji should come out an say what the problem is , when they hope to fix this, will this be the norm going forward, crystalsky has suffered this problem since its inception and dji have done nothing to address this, I just hope this will not be the same with SC.
Thank you again for your help .
2019-10-8
Use props
djl61
lvl.4
Flight distance : 795810 ft

Hi DJI Mindy, the links has not been corrected it says 4.3.24 but the actual download is 4.3.14 .  This has been an issue since the update was announced.
Seem like no one checks or listens to see what the members of the forum are saying.
2019-10-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

djl61 Posted at 10-8 14:19
Hi DJI Mindy, the links has not been corrected it says 4.3.24 but the actual download is 4.3.14 .  This has been an issue since the update was announced.
Seem like no one checks or listens to see what the members of the forum are saying.

I’ve just tried and can vouch your correct, something is broke here .
2019-10-8
Use props
Sunstone
lvl.2

Droning Friend of mine got an update yesterday to his SC V01.00.590  which brought Go4 V4.3.21 .....hhhmmm
2019-10-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Sunstone Posted at 10-8 05:21
Hi Mindy

I tried this around 3-4 hours ago.

Per our engineers, it should have been fixed, which country are you from?
2019-10-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

hallmark007 Posted at 10-8 12:21
I appreciate you addressing this matter and thank you for the work around, but part of my point is dji promised that SC would not be delayed for any updates, most people don’t want the hassle of having to jump through hoops just to update software, I think that dji should come out an say what the problem is , when they hope to fix this, will this be the norm going forward, crystalsky has suffered this problem since its inception and dji have done nothing to address this, I just hope this will not be the same with SC.
Thank you again for your help .

I understand your concern and I will verify with our engineers to see if more info could be provided, sorry again for the hassle caused.
2019-10-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi all, the DJI Go 4.3.14 issue has been reported to our engineers, I will come back to you once I get any more information.
2019-10-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

DJI Mindy Posted at 10-9 06:22
Hi all, the DJI Go 4.3.14 issue has been reported to our engineers, I will come back to you once I get any more information.

Thank you for quick response .
2019-10-9
Use props
Turbo16v
lvl.3
  • >>>

I'm from switzerland and also see only the DJI Go 4.3.14

Is the version for download also in multiple language?
2019-10-9
Use props
djl61
lvl.4
Flight distance : 795810 ft

DJI Mindy Posted at 10-9 06:11
Per our engineers, it should have been fixed, which country are you from?

In the  U.S. it has not been corrected.  
2019-10-9
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules