To All Moderators
6368 69 2019-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AnzacJack
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3501650 ft
  • >>>

It seems that link has been buttered and complained about for quite some time now. Don’t understand how DJI staff keep acting like they don’t know about it or that it is already fixed.
2019-10-9
Use props
AnzacJack
lvl.4
  • >>>

i just got home and set my VPN to Canada (im in australia) and looks like im downloading 4.3.25 from the link
ill report back when it downloads and i install. Its very very slow downloading, but that is maybe due to the VPN

2019-10-9
Use props
AnzacJack
lvl.4
  • >>>

just also tried without the VPN and actually getting the 4.3.25 version also, so looks like the link is fixed
2019-10-9
Use props
Turbo16v
lvl.3
  • >>>

And the 4.3.25 works also with the smart Controller?
2019-10-9
Use props
AnzacJack
lvl.4
  • >>>

all installed and just flew a couple of batteries with no issues. All seems to be working as advertised.
2019-10-9
Use props
BobB
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft

DJI Mindy Posted at 10-7 19:21
Hi hallmark007, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused, the DJI Smart Controller’s built-in DJI GO 4 was supposed to be updated synchronously with Android DJI GO 4, we are still working on it.
Firmware v01.00.0530 has added the ability to update the built-in DJI GO 4 and DJI Pilot apps independently from the system update.
Currently, it is recommended to download the APK files in official website: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4

DJI Pilot is still at 1.5.0 on your link Mindy. I've had 1.6.0 for a week now on my SC.
2019-10-10
Use props
Sunstone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 960732 ft

AnzacJack Posted at 10-9 23:37
all installed and just flew a couple of batteries with no issues. All seems to be working as advertised.

So it does. Im downloading V4.3.25 now directly onto the SC from the UK.

Will report back.
2019-10-10
Use props
Sunstone
lvl.2

Sunstone Posted at 10-10 01:55
So it does. Im downloading V4.3.25 now directly onto the SC from the UK.

Will report back.

Ok, So Go4 is updated to V4.3.25 and seemingly working ok, as in its connected to my M2P ok.

Now I just need to fly the thing.
2019-10-10
Use props
Sunstone
lvl.2

DJI Mindy Posted at 10-9 06:11
Per our engineers, it should have been fixed, which country are you from?

Hi Mindy

it is sorted. Go4 V4.3.25 is now installed on my Smart Controller.

Thankyou for looking into this.

2019-10-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sunstone Posted at 10-10 02:15
Hi Mindy

it is sorted. Go4 V4.3.25 is now installed on my Smart Controller.

Glad to hear that, hope you enjoy flying.
2019-10-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

BobB Posted at 10-10 00:54
DJI Pilot is still at 1.5.0 on your link Mindy. I've had 1.6.0 for a week now on my SC.

Thanks for your feedback, I have forwarded to the related team for attention.
2019-10-12
Use props
Dronie2
First Officer
Flight distance : 1336365 ft

Go4 V4.3.25 with SC, four batteries today with M2P and everything worked fine. I'll keep on testing it.
2019-10-12
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft

Dronie2 Posted at 10-12 11:22
Go4 V4.3.25 with SC, four batteries today with M2P and everything worked fine. I'll keep on testing it.

Thanks for the feedback. I wonder which bugs were fixed from the v .24... since DJI didn't explained in the update notice....
2019-10-12
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3DtL3S
lvl.4
Flight distance : 510968 ft

is it too much to ask of an Android device that costs as much as the SC does to have a more user-friendly app update mechanism? Something that actually checks for and installs an app update over the air, like any Android device has nowadays?
2019-10-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_Kf4iPA3DtL3S Posted at 10-12 13:44
is it too much to ask of an Android device that costs as much as the SC does to have a more user-friendly app update mechanism? Something that actually checks for and installs an app update over the air, like any Android device has nowadays?

That is what SC was supposed to do automatic updates and it worked really well for the first couple of updates, but something has obviously happened and with many of us on beta FW still with no feedback no new FW, there seems to be either a problem or lack of enthusiasm on djis part to sort this out, it’s now becoming like crystalsky which in all honesty was and is a big failure .
2019-10-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

DJI Mindy Posted at 10-12 05:02
Thanks for your feedback, I have forwarded to the related team for attention.

Thank you for all your help and advise in obtaining a work round to download Software, however I think most users would like to know is this to be the way and the route we have to endure to download future app updates, it was as I pointed out in earlier post promised that all updates would be automatic, if you could find out for us how we can expect to be able to download future app software , I would be grateful .
2019-10-13
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft

hallmark007 Posted at 10-13 04:35
Thank you for all your help and advise in obtaining a work round to download Software, however I think most users would like to know is this to be the way and the route we have to endure to download future app updates, it was as I pointed out in earlier post promised that all updates would be automatic, if you could find out for us how we can expect to be able to download future app software , I would be grateful .

Silence......
2019-10-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

Yeah, it doesn’t look like they have any answers yet.
2019-10-15
Use props
SYC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 63114 ft
Hong Kong

My Smart Controller, which I purchased in September 2019 from DJI Flagship Store at Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, still has version V4.3.21 for DJI GO4 and when I press “Check for Update”, it says this is the latest version!
So I make a service appointment for updating it to the latest version and here I am at the store and the staff knows nothing about this bug and told me that V4.3.21 should be the latest! Now I have to find back this discussion topic to show to the DJI staff!
2019-10-23
Use props
rbtmckny
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8001404 ft
Philippines

SYC Posted at 10-23 20:57
My Smart Controller, which I purchased in September 2019 from DJI Flagship Store at Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, still has version V4.3.21 for DJI GO4 and when I press “Check for Update”, it says this is the latest version!
So I make a service appointment for updating it to the latest version and here I am at the store and the staff knows nothing about this bug and told me that V4.3.21 should be the latest! Now I have to find back this discussion topic to show to the DJI staff!

You can update it yourself. KlooGee from this forum made a super easy tutorial on the process. I used it myself yesterday. I flew one battery after I updated and had no problems. Look for his post under Smart Controller.
2019-10-23
Use props
SYC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 63114 ft
Hong Kong

rbtmckny Posted at 10-23 21:13
You can update it yourself. KlooGee from this forum made a super easy tutorial on the process. I used it myself yesterday. I flew one battery after I updated and had no problems. Look for his post under Smart Controller.

Thank you for your advice.  
I tried myself by connecting the smart controller to my computer with DJI Assistant 2 last night but no luck.  Hence I decided to let DJI service staff fix the issue.  The staff has read the above messages from Mindy and has updated DJI GO4 in my smart controller to the latest version V4.3.25.  It seems a bit odd that the service staff has no knowledge of the bug.
DJI drones are fantastic but DJI customer service is awful.
2019-10-23
Use props
BobB
First Officer
United States

SYC Posted at 10-23 23:27
Thank you for your advice.  
I tried myself by connecting the smart controller to my computer with DJI Assistant 2 last night but no luck.  Hence I decided to let DJI service staff fix the issue.  The staff has read the above messages from Mindy and has updated DJI GO4 in my smart controller to the latest version V4.3.25.  It seems a bit odd that the service staff has no knowledge of the bug.
DJI drones are fantastic but DJI customer service is awful.

You're lucky to have a flagship store so close to you. For me in Springfield,MO USA there's nothing near me for many many miles/kilometers away......
2019-10-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi Hallmark007, I've got the update from our engineers that the built-in DJI GO 4 app on the Smart Controller will be simultaneously updated with the standard DJI GO 4 app on the next version, please note the future update, thank you.
2019-10-25
Use props
BobB
First Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 10-25 02:17
Hi Hallmark007, I've got the update from our engineers that the built-in DJI GO 4 app on the Smart Controller will be simultaneously updated with the standard DJI GO 4 app on the next version, please note the future update, thank you.

I hope they don't forget the DJI Pilot app now they have their attention on the DJI Go 4 lol
2019-10-25
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Hi Hallmark007, I've got the update from our engineers that the built-in DJI GO 4 app on the Smart Controller will be simultaneously updated with the standard DJI GO 4 app on the next version, please note the future update, thank you.

@Mindy, sorry to hijack this thread but... What is the status of the CrystalSky? The ability to get the latest DJI Go 4 app on it?

And while we're at it, what is the status of the Inspire 2? The promised ProRes RAW for X5S? Before summer it was talks about a new firmware on another forum, but still there is no release. There is no support and answers for questions, and I know there is an increasing frustration from many people about the lack of support for your professional products.
2019-10-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Great result thanks for getting back to us .
2019-10-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

hallmark007 Posted at 10-25 09:22
Great result thanks for getting back to us .

You are welcome, appreciate your understanding and patience.
2019-10-27
Use props
capthook
lvl.2
Flight distance : 238871 ft
United States

Thanks for the help around here Mindy and for keeping us updated and informed!
I updated my SC last week, works perfect.
I didn't even know there was an update available.
Glad to hear future updates will work together.

2019-10-27
Use props
HH1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

I actually went out and flew the MPP, but the GO4 program updated it self to 4.3.14, this was two days ago.  I kinda like the idea of choosing your aircraft in the listing, that's about the first thing I noticed was different.  Make a long story short - all worked well,  Had some fun in the backyard going up and down and around  Eyes are still not good enough for any distance.  Happy Safe Droning.  Not Groaning
2019-10-27
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Hi Hallmark007, I've got the update from our engineers that the built-in DJI GO 4 app on the Smart Controller will be simultaneously updated with the standard DJI GO 4 app on the next version, please note the future update, thank you.

@Mindy, Why do DJI cripple our software/hardware, by not allowing Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom using DJI Pilot?!
I've paid for a premium device, the SC, and yet DJI cripple my paid solution?

If it was only DJI Pilot you crippled, but DJI won't let me use Pix4D or any other mapping softwareon the SC!

DJI promotes their move to proffessional use of their products, making relations for instance with SAR (Search and Rescue) solutions, but you cripple our hardware making it impossible to use it, for instance, with the Mavic and SC, making a 2D map of an area for use in SAR operations!

Open up the Smart Controller, and also the CrystalSky, so we can use our hardware and the proper software, in order to fully use the systems we bought! We can't even update or use DJI's own software properly on them!
2019-10-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules