No one is going to be able to buy a Skydio 2.
1234Next >
12029 136 2019-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

parkgt214 Posted at 11-6 21:03
AntDX316 :

"Of course, it's a selfie drone"  

We just need to see what it can do once people review it.
2019-11-7
Use props
fans48f0c1a5
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2278898 ft
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 11-7 03:13
We just need to see what it can do once people review it.

I think 2 and a half grand for a fancy follow me drone in a years time sounds like a politian promise but based on what i have seen i am sure its possible but not for me. Hopefully if dji have their heads screwed on they might have brought out the mavic2 upgrades to put it in a competitive state for less money. Improved camera module, and better software i would pay for rather than buying another model of drone but who knows in this fast changing market.
2019-11-7
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1167008 ft
United States

fans48f0c1a5 Posted at 11-7 08:21
I think 2 and a half grand for a fancy follow me drone in a years time sounds like a politian promise but based on what i have seen i am sure its possible but not for me. Hopefully if dji have their heads screwed on they might have brought out the mavic2 upgrades to put it in a competitive state for less money. Improved camera module, and better software i would pay for rather than buying another model of drone but who knows in this fast changing market.

What drone is $2500 for only follow me?
2019-11-7
Use props
Sick Dawg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 451119 ft
United States

with a  12mp camera skydio is not in competition with DJI at all. Skydio falsely advertises 45mp but thats all obstacle advoidance lenses combined with the camera, and that's deceiving.
DJI's 12mp camersa are still better than Skydio. Skydio has a long long way to go to catch up.

2019-11-7
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sick Dawg Posted at 11-7 11:13
with a  12mp camera skydio is not in competition with DJI at all. Skydio falsely advertises 45mp but thats all obstacle advoidance lenses combined with the camera, and that's deceiving.
DJI's 12mp camersa are still better than Skydio. Skydio has a long long way to go to catch up.

The video quality of the HDR is awesome.
2019-11-7
Use props
Sick Dawg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 451119 ft
United States

ok whatever you think, it's just a advanced selfie drone.
still no competition for DJI
I've watched the vids and P4P 20mp cam quality is way better

2019-11-7
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer
United States

Sick Dawg Posted at 11-7 13:01
ok whatever you think, it's just a advanced selfie drone.
still no competition for DJI
I've watched the vids and P4P 20mp cam quality is way better

How is the obstacle avoidance on the P4P?  If they are in such great demand why did DJI quit making them?  

A 20mp camera should be better than a 12mp; so what.  That P4P can't get a lot of footage that people will get with the S2.

Which is better a dump truck or a Corvette?  Kind of depends on whether you are hauling rocks or hauling ass.

2019-11-7
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

People will always defend the drones they own when something new comes out.  I still don’t get why people are so upset by this drone.  It’s exciting having new types of competitive, innovative drones coming out.
2019-11-7
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer
United States

Sick Dawg Posted at 11-7 11:13

You need to get your facts straight.  No false advertising that I can detect;  they clearly state 45 mp from the six OA cameras.

When did you do a side by side comparison of the 12 mp cameras that supports your statement that DJI 12mp cameras are better?

Seems to be another DJI fan boy hater bashing something that isn't even out yet, but still knows how inferior it is to DJI products.
2019-11-7
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Once I get mine first batch I should be able to give a good comparison of it and the DJI drones with great detail.
2019-11-7
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 11-7 14:21
Once I get mine first batch I should be able to give a good comparison of it and the DJI drones with great detail.

You and many others.  I think some will be surprised by how well the S2 footage holds up.  With 4k60fps in some situations it may produce better results than my M2P.
2019-11-7
Use props
SD_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

What's the first # or your S2 order?  Heard there is 6, 7 and 8. My order is #8 which I think is the third batch? probably arriving sometime in early Spring would be my guessestimate.
2019-11-7
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

SD_Pilot Posted at 11-7 17:35
What's the first # or your S2 order?  Heard there is 6, 7 and 8. My order is #8 which I think is the third batch? probably arriving sometime in early Spring would be my guessestimate.

Mine starts with #61.  Ordered within 4 hours after procrastinating hard then realized all the times where things change but it becomes too late.  I put a post up but DJI took it down.  I didn't bother talking about Skydio until everyone did.  I have clients that get orders fulfilled w/ these amazing DJI equipments.
2019-11-7
Use props
SD_Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 11-7 18:00
Mine starts with #61.  Ordered within 4 hours after procrastinating hard then realized all the times where things change but it becomes too late.  I put a post up but DJI took it down.  I didn't bother talking about Skydio until everyone did.  I have clients that get orders fulfilled w/ these amazing DJI equipments.

If your order starts with #6 then you should it in Nov or Dec at the latest. Lucky you. I have wait a bit longer.
2019-11-7
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

SD_Pilot Posted at 11-7 18:12
If your order starts with #6 then you should it in Nov or Dec at the latest. Lucky you. I have wait a bit longer.

I told them to ensure I get first batch before they put batching on their website.  : )

I got the e-mail and could've ordered but wasn't sure.  The Youtube vid only had like 2k views at the time.

The real tests would be to compare the drones winter snow-covered grounds camera performance.  This would really test the HDR.
2019-11-7
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Seems like HDR is at the processing level, not just at the sensor size level.
https://www.reddit.com/r/photogr ... 6_stops_of_dynamic/
2019-11-7
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 11-7 20:08
Seems like HDR is at the processing level, not just at the sensor size level.
https://www.reddit.com/r/photography/comments/5s4gxw/will_future_dslrs_ever_reach_16_stops_of_dynamic/

Good article.  Since the S2 has the most processing power of any consumer drone it will be interesting how well it puts it to use.  About three minutes of flight time power is given up to all the AO and camera processing the S2 does, hope the results are worth it.
2019-11-7
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

parkgt214 Posted at 11-7 21:00
Good article.  Since the S2 has the most processing power of any consumer drone it will be interesting how well it puts it to use.  About three minutes of flight time power is given up to all the AO and camera processing the S2 does, hope the results are worth it.

If they truly have better electrical components, there could be no match if other companies didn't bother to start engineering to make what they've made unless you are China, you can just take All the patents and make it all and more but it will take time.

Maybe they had help from the Pentagon by using some of the tech they use for the Air Force so they can make their own drones and no longer use government drones from DJI.

We as consumers don't really see what the world has to offer.  At the highest-levels, they advance non-stop until something gets revealed to the consumer world, that is when consumers actually see upgrades.  I used to think it should be a race on how to make people Live longer but if you do not factor in the individual financial aspect then your calculations will be incorrect as the universe ties the money limitational growth to progress.  There will be those small and rare outliers who will have more than Anybody else that you cannot attach sense to but most will always be limited in some way.  Technology can start to expose it then eventually expose everything.  We just don't know what would happen when Everything gets revealed.  We are currently not shown everything.  I got into this area because I wanted to reveal more.  The more ways to reveal the better.  What we do after what has been revealed is where the money is also at.

I would basically start to recalculate everything because a lot of things are done with methods that have happened Before technology even existed.  I have yet to start but I feel I will eventually do it without the presentation stepping on anybodies toes leaving them with no positive solutions.  Once people know, it could be impossible to unknow.

Hover and other vaccuum companies most likely rejected Dysons idea about bagless, eventually infringed on his patent.  He almost went bankrupt but now is the leader in the vaccuum industry and worth billions of dollars.  DJI may have no answer in time but it doesn't mean the drones are bad and Skydio 2 has yet to prove they have no issues.  Also they don't have sensors greater than 1" so it isn't a total loss.  Just a loss at the $1k area.
2019-11-7
Use props
SD_Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 11-7 18:25
I told them to ensure I get first batch before they put batching on their website.  : )

I got the e-mail and could've ordered but wasn't sure.  The Youtube vid only had like 2k views at the time.

Wow that was the opportunity to purchase the S2 and additional remote or Beacon. Did they say you would have to wait loner or can you purchase whenever you're ready with that specific order # ?
2019-11-8
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

SD_Pilot Posted at 11-8 05:07
Wow that was the opportunity to purchase the S2 and additional remote or Beacon. Did they say you would have to wait loner or can you purchase whenever you're ready with that specific order # ?

Don’t believe this BS.  It’s hogwash.  Someone wants to feel important.
2019-11-8
Use props
SD_Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 11-8 06:15
Don’t believe this BS.  It’s hogwash.  Someone wants to feel important.

2019-11-8
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

SD_Pilot Posted at 11-8 05:07

They said you can purchase it at the time when they are ready to ship.  I wasn't planning on getting the accessories but because the demand is so high, if I don't order it at the time of shipping I may never get it.
2019-11-8
Use props
SD_Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 11-8 14:03
They said you can purchase it at the time when they are ready to ship.  I wasn't planning on getting the accessories but because the demand is so high, if I don't order it at the time of shipping I may never get it.

I plan to purchase the Beacon and Remote Controller.
2019-11-8
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer
United States

Just curious, but why is the thread and discussion on the Mavic 2 DJI forum, rather than on one of the multiple Skydio pages or forums?
2019-11-8
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

parkgt214 Posted at 11-8 21:01
Just curious, but why is the thread and discussion on the Mavic 2 DJI forum, rather than on one of the multiple Skydio pages or forums?

The Skydio 2 presentation was very good and the reviews are something to not overlook but until it gets mass produced, we cannot tell if those are super cherry-picked and well-engineered prototype drones w/ components and work that are in the tens of thousands.  Basically, if the failures start to occur, it would be a pity to those owners involved.  When people died and worse from things not being checked such as locked steering columns and other things like the Boeing MCAS failure, we won't know.  There always has to be the examples of both the good and bad for influence to occur whether people like it or not.  We can see the worst things that have ever occurred in life and place it in a position of light for the rest.

There is only so much that can be done and we need to accept we can't do more than that or else is very important to understand.
2019-11-8
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

Putting my order in.
2019-11-9
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer
United States

2019-11-12
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

parkgt214 Posted at 11-12 13:46
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke5gQ1vIaKg&t=805s

It failed 2 times, I didn't see the whole video but I assume if you go really far, get carried away, don't look back, ride 10 miles away from the drone, it could land on the spot and get wet if the ground is wet?
2019-11-12
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

parkgt214 Posted at 11-12 13:46
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke5gQ1vIaKg&t=805s

Skydio had my attention, I must confess! This thing avoid obstacles the way I was looking for since P4P came up with the concept. Skydio, however, doesn't just stop helplessly before obstacle. She's looking for alternative route and keep going! Not always, let's be realistic, but still. If the camera will deliver at least P4P image quality, I'm convinced. Not converted though, just convinced ...
2019-11-12
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 11-12 16:07
Skydio had my attention, I must confess! This thing avoid obstacles the way I was looking for since P4P came up with the concept. Skydio, however, doesn't just stop helplessly before obstacle. She's looking for alternative route and keep going! Not always, let's be realistic, but still. If the camera will deliver at least P4P image quality, I'm convinced. Not converted though, just convinced ...

It did stop at least 2 times.
2019-11-12
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 11-12 16:13

Can you think of any other drone that would have even gotten even half way to where that one stopped?
2019-11-12
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 11-12 16:13

Come on man... this far surpasses anything we’ve ever seen.
2019-11-12
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 11-12 17:19
Come on man... this far surpasses anything we’ve ever seen.

I know but people need to know it's not perfect.  Some people have done stupid stuff thinking autonomous is great and lost their drone.
2019-11-12
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Oracle Miata Posted at 11-12 17:19
Come on man... this far surpasses anything we’ve ever seen.

No worries anyway. DJI will take over, add a machete or scissors on front to clear the path and boom, problem solved !
2019-11-12
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

parkgt214 Posted at 11-12 17:04
Can you think of any other drone that would have even gotten even half way to where that one stopped?

It's greater than anything else but not perfect.
2019-11-12
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 11-12 19:41
It's greater than anything else but not perfect.

There never was and never will be a perfect drone for all occasions.  But for some use cases this is a perfect as it gets for awhile.
2019-11-12
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer
United States

For those that claim the S2 is just a selfie done:

2019-11-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

parkgt214 Posted at 11-14 08:20
For those that claim the S2 is just a selfie done:

I think what you have is a sponsored video and some quite biased it’s so obvious I’m surprised you put up such here.
Below you will see an honest review, you will see skydio warts and all a true reflection of where skydio is and yes some of it is pretty good but some of it clearly doesn’t do what it says on the tin, but the reviewer is being honest and this is quite obvious unlike the video which you posted .
And I’m not knocking skydio but trying to show it from a genuine users view .
You will also notice no range test no photo test no precision landing test, all tests were based around the one thing we already know skydio is better (tracking) don't be hyping skydio up to be something we clearly have not seen yet .

2019-11-14
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-14 09:01
I think what you have is a sponsored video and some quite biased it’s so obvious I’m surprised you put up such here.
Below you will see an honest review, you will see skydio warts and all a true reflection of where skydio is and yes some of it is pretty good but some of it clearly doesn’t do what it says on the tin, but the reviewer is being honest and this is quite obvious unlike the video which you posted .
And I’m not knocking skydio but trying to show it from a genuine users view .

If you bothered to look I had already posted that video further up this page.  So no I am not ignoring the warts and all of the Skydio,  

It is obvious that DJI fan boys feel somehow threatened by the unique capabilities of the S2 and want to focus on the negatives rather than admitting to the positives.  

Many are going to be very satisfied with the compromises made and the footage that the S2 will capture that no other drone would allow them to get.

Another tool in the tool box.
2019-11-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

parkgt214 Posted at 11-14 10:20
If you bothered to look I had already posted that video further up this page.  So no I am not ignoring the warts and all of the Skydio,  

It is obvious that DJI fan boys feel somehow threatened by the unique capabilities of the S2 and want to focus on the negatives rather than admitting to the positives.  

I thought eventually you couldn’t resist getting personal and calling those who don’t agree with you names.
However all you posted was what everyone agrees with skydio is much better tracking than M2, nothing else nada, in fact a video that lasted 13 minutes and tested one thing is a bit to long for most, I think the lack of range testing on skydio and the admission that you tuber only could get signal for 1km shows there are real faults with skydio that we have not seen yet, but many will say you don’t need good signal when all you do with the drone is follow yourself.
I think maybe wait and see how it does in areas of high signal interference.
2019-11-14
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules