Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
No one is going to be able to buy a Skydio 2.
11754 136 2019-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
izotop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388763 ft

Slovenia

parkgt214 Posted at 2019-10-25 10:11
Not to mention that the S2 is made in the USA and much of the money will stay home instead of going to a Communist competitor.

hmm, how come that communist republic is no1 economy today, when we include all debt and stuff?
how come all major us.s brands have manufacture in china, not a their homeland?
pull out your head from that national mud, my friend..

and before start shouting, remember it was you that start with this bs.
2020-1-6
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

The behavior of the Skydio 2 is quite dangerous.  I don't think any other drone company can do it like the way they do it autonomous wise.
2020-1-8
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 1-8 04:08
The behavior of the Skydio 2 is quite dangerous.  I don't think any other drone company can do it like the way they do it autonomous wise.

Why is the Skydio 2 dangerous ?
2020-1-8
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

lannes Posted at 1-8 05:00
Why is the Skydio 2 dangerous ?

It flies so fast into position that anything in its way is getting hit.
2020-1-8
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 1-8 06:01

Is there no OA when it's doing this  ?
2020-1-8
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

lannes Posted at 1-8 06:20
Is there no OA when it's doing this  ?

It was obviously clear we can assume it checked.
2020-1-8
Use props
El Diabolico
lvl.4

Germany

DAFlys Posted at 2019-10-8 00:47
They could probably compete with this with a software update to the M2P and their own beacon device.

Nope, the M2P has far less optical mapping capabilities. DJI needs to make a new drone.
2020-1-8
Use props
El Diabolico
lvl.4

Germany

AntDX316 Posted at 2019-10-8 10:05
DJI has no competition but Skydio 2 but until that comes out of at least a year of preorders and shows to be the best, DJI will still be on top.

The Phantom line coming back with at least 13 stops of HDR at 1" and 20MP would be great.  Sure it would beat at the Inspire 2 line and the M2P but pricing it at $2.5k I assume it would sell a lot more and beat Skydio.  When they've picture bench tested the Skydio 2 to the competition, it annihilates them.  They did all the tests except night of course as the sensor is smaller.  Perhaps all the drones need a camera upgrade.  It would be nice to be able to swap the old camera with the new one on older platforms like the Inspire 1, Phantom 4, M2 without having to buy a new aircraft.  This would drive sales up as people are less likely to buy new drones because too many people are in the drone business already and new people will find out it's difficult.  Only the commercial people would buy but that is rare.  The rest would just go Skydio 2 as it's cheaper.

The M2P and the Skydio are 2 totally different drones. the Mavic works great for cinematic footage but sucks at tracking. The Skydio 2 has an inferior camera but it is AMAZING at tracking you.

I have one, hope to get the other (unless DJI surprises us...).
2020-1-8
Use props
El Diabolico
lvl.4

Germany

AntDX316 Posted at 2019-11-12 16:06
It failed 2 times, I didn't see the whole video but I assume if you go really far, get carried away, don't look back, ride 10 miles away from the drone, it could land on the spot and get wet if the ground is wet?

Well the person be carried away for 10 miles with a drone behind him must be a little... stupid?
It might have lost him 2 times in the video but the Mavic would have just stopped or would have crashed 100 times in the same situation. the Ai on the Skydio is beyond reproach. This drone is the best thing thas has happened to the industry since the original Mavic.

I am sure DJI is starting to feel some kind of pressure with Skydio and Autel launching new drones and this can only mean that their new Mavis 3 pro (or whatever it is called) will have to be exponentially better than the M2P it will replace and not a simple incremental spec revision.

ps. I love my M2P and so far it is the best drone I've used.
2020-1-8
Use props
El Diabolico
lvl.4

Germany

parkgt214 Posted at 2019-11-14 08:20
For those that claim the S2 is just a selfie done:

Great review man, that drone ROCKS. I've spent the last couple of hours watching videos on YouTube from "superstars" as well as random people and the drone simply is amazing. One would not even dear to flight in some of these conditions.

It is funny how the usual clowns try to put it down lol...

"yes but the color is Blue and Blue is for (cats)... bees are attracted to blue... and Lions..."
"Yes it doesn't fold... yes the P4P also doesn't fold but it is... White"
"See how it stopped and did't went through that 2 inches gap, it sucks..."
"1000$ for a 4K 60p drone... nah... yes I paid half of that (400$) for a 2.7K drone but it is only 249gr... who cares it has no sensors? it is... White..."
"This is only a selfie drone... the beacon is cool but it is just a gimmick... these are paid reviewers... oh, Jimmy, your neighbor?... isn't he gay?... see, I told you it is a drone for (cats)..."
Now, tell me how many of you can do this with your M2P (watch until the end):

By the way, the guy on the bike (don't remember his name has tested EVERYTHING, he calls out all companies for their issues so it doesn't look like a 'paid reviewer' to me. Just watch his other videos.

...and of course, if you try hard, you can always crash it. Honest people here folks. I believe David explains the cause very well:

2020-1-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

El Diabolico Posted at 1-8 06:40
Well the person be carried away for 10 miles with a drone behind him must be a little... stupid?
It might have lost him 2 times in the video but the Mavic would have just stopped or would have crashed 100 times in the same situation. the Ai on the Skydio is beyond reproach. This drone is the best thing thas has happened to the industry since the original Mavic.

He did another test with both drones in some woods, and although the skydio2 was better it was only marginally better,  the difference is the Mavic just stopped and hovered whereas the skydio2 crashed and took some damage to the props.
2020-1-8
Use props
Jason James
lvl.3
Flight distance : 827487 ft
Ecuador

I was very intrigued by the Skydio 2 but was put off by the fact that you have to preorder and then wait many months to a year for delivery.

The Autel Robotics Evo 2 series that was just announced looks very interesting, and a much more serious competitor to DJI, especially considering the absence of Geofencing...
2020-1-8
Use props
MRomine
lvl.4
Flight distance : 850971 ft
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 2019-10-8 10:05
DJI has no competition but Skydio 2 but until that comes out of at least a year of preorders and shows to be the best, DJI will still be on top.

The Phantom line coming back with at least 13 stops of HDR at 1" and 20MP would be great.  Sure it would beat at the Inspire 2 line and the M2P but pricing it at $2.5k I assume it would sell a lot more and beat Skydio.  When they've picture bench tested the Skydio 2 to the competition, it annihilates them.  They did all the tests except night of course as the sensor is smaller.  Perhaps all the drones need a camera upgrade.  It would be nice to be able to swap the old camera with the new one on older platforms like the Inspire 1, Phantom 4, M2 without having to buy a new aircraft.  This would drive sales up as people are less likely to buy new drones because too many people are in the drone business already and new people will find out it's difficult.  Only the commercial people would buy but that is rare.  The rest would just go Skydio 2 as it's cheaper.

Have you seen the announcement of the Evo II? 8K, 60fps, 1" sensor, 48MP stills, 40 minute flight time, 45mph.
2020-1-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

MRomine Posted at 1-8 11:38
Have you seen the announcement of the Evo II? 8K, 60fps, 1" sensor, 48MP stills, 40 minute flight time, 45mph.

It looks great spec is amazing, will put much pressure on dji and hopefully better products for us all .
2020-1-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

AntDX316 Posted at 1-8 06:01

Wear a helmet, I see more crashes on you tube , be careful .
2020-1-8
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-8 13:55
Wear a helmet, I see more crashes on you tube , be careful .

I don't worry about it crashing into me.
2020-1-8
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

MRomine Posted at 1-8 11:38

The video seems to have some sort of jello and things not ironed out when watching their 4k videos.  Softness around the screen in photo mode.  Why can't people just make it easy and get a 4/3" in the air?  Perhaps its hard to get a 1" up in the air.
2020-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules