Programmable Panning
1067 7 2019-10-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Geoff Cooper
lvl.1

Hi DJI,

How can I set my Osmo Pocket so that it moves from one preset position to another over a set period of time while recording video? I know the movement between setpoints can be achieved in motionlapse and would basically be the same as moving the camera position with the controller wheel during recording, so I assumed it would be possible... However, I can't see any option for it in the OP menus nor can I (with an admittedly quick search) find any discussion of it here. The advantage over using the wheel would of course be that I could record video with the camera in motion but not have to be touching the OP and therefore I could even be in the frame!

If it's not possible, could someone perhaps please explain why not / what prevents it from being viable? It would seem to me to be a staggeringly simple thing to implement considering i) the inputs of the controller wheel have the same effect, so moving while recording is clearly ok, and ii) preset positions and movement are already implemented in the motionlapse GUI...

Thanks,
Geoff

2019-10-8
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer

This has been a feature request for some time, along with shorter time lapse intervals.

My guess, as to why it hasn't been implemented, is that DJI is too busy inventing new products.
2019-10-8
Use props
Clackers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1438999 ft

You would think, since in timelapse it can be done it would  be a no brainer to have it for regular video as well.
2019-10-8
Use props
acidgreen
lvl.1

+1 +1 +1 +1 +1    YES PLEASE!!!  DJI Should implement it!
2019-10-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

That would be super nice!
2019-10-8
Use props
TheCameraLens
lvl.2

I am guessing that is because in the motionlapse recording, the time to move from point A to point B is a known thing. To be able to do what is requested there would also have to be a bunch of speed settings. Otherwise how will the Osmo Pocket know how long it should take to move from point A to point B? It has no way of know when you will stop the recording manually. Maybe a good feature would be a timed recording feature. Record for 10 sec, 20 sec, 30 sec then stop. This could then be used with the panning feature as the time would be known.
2019-10-9
Use props
Manuel Grassler
lvl.1

Actually I don‘t see that as a big problem either but as a huge advantage and USP for the OP! Especially with the fact given that there are storymode presets that do quite the same. Inwould love to program movements or storyclips like in storymode on my own.
2019-10-9
Use props
djiuser_mx0s8yeQ7nhw
lvl.1

Spain

I would also love this function, especially when I have to be both in front of and behind the camera, which is happening a lot lately, since I live in a country with very strict socializing rules, and it’s hard to get to my actors.
2021-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules