Is this the new Spark?
5732 55 2019-10-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
null5
lvl.2

not sure, some one said Mavic 3 is comming  https://drone-deals.com/1334347397.html
2019-10-11
Use props
ssylca44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft

DJI Mavic Mini launch date rumored to be October 30

https://dronedj.com/2019/10/10/d ... -date-october-30th/
2019-10-11
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23793 ft

Hi folks,

Does anybody have some numbers about the sales of DJI's drones? Just out of interest....

Cheers,
Wolferl
2019-10-11
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>

S-e-ven Posted at 10-10 22:39
you are right, it was a game changer in the drone market, a big success in sales numbers
But just aside that, if was also a lot in the medias for lost, crashed, fall, ...  and: replacements.

Although you are probably right that the Spark name will go away in favor of the Mavic nameplate, I disagree that it has anything to do with the Sparks’s reputation for failure.  I think DJI is merely streamlining their offerings.   Spark didn’t really get bad media coverage unless you call people whining on a message board poor media coverage.  

Spark really had to deal with a large number of inexperienced pilots.  That was it’s main fault.  It was deemed an entry level drone.  
2019-10-11
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>

S-e-ven Posted at 10-10 22:39
you are right, it was a game changer in the drone market, a big success in sales numbers
But just aside that, if was also a lot in the medias for lost, crashed, fall, ...  and: replacements.

As I mentioned before, who cares what the heck its called.  People get way too caught up in a name that means absolutely nothing!  So many videos and posts about Apple's new phone and whether it is really "Pro" or not.  So many discussions and comments about whether the Mavic Air should have been named Spark Pro instead.  Its really quite ridiculous.  Does it do what you want it to at a price you want it to?  If so, then great, if no, then find something else that does.  Pretty simple really.

As I said before, I don't care if its called Spark, Mavic, Phantom, Anafi, Evo, or Skydio.  The name on the box doesn't affect how it will perform after I pull it out of that box.  If it functions like I want at a price that suits me, then I'll buy it no matter what its named.  

My point I was originally making in my original reply was about the Spark being a success for DJI from a business perspective, not what they actually called it for marketing purposes.
2019-10-11
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>

null5 Posted at 10-11 02:15
not sure, some one said Mavic 3 is comming  https://drone-deals.com/1334347397.html

That was just DJI panicking at the amount of attention Skydio got from their announcement, so they "leaked" it to OsitaLV so he could spread it via Twitter.  Straight up DJI marketing there for a product that I would guess is still probably quite a long way off.  
2019-10-11
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>

Wolferl Posted at 10-11 05:25
Hi folks,

Does anybody have some numbers about the sales of DJI's drones? Just out of interest....

They are a privately held Chinese company.  As far as I'm aware they've never published any numbers like that.  But I'd be happy to be proven otherwise.
2019-10-11
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>

KlooGee Posted at 10-11 07:32
They are a privately held Chinese company.  As far as I'm aware they've never published any numbers like that.  But I'd be happy to be proven otherwise.

Hi Kloo, are you still doing any YouTube stuff?   Always enjoyed your tips and reviews.
2019-10-11
Use props
ssylca44
Second Officer

Oracle Miata Posted at 10-11 08:04
Hi Kloo, are you still doing any YouTube stuff?   Always enjoyed your tips and reviews.

So did I. Cheers KlooGee
2019-10-11
Use props
null5
lvl.2

KlooGee Posted at 10-11 07:31
That was just DJI panicking at the amount of attention Skydio got from their announcement, so they "leaked" it to OsitaLV so he could spread it via Twitter.  Straight up DJI marketing there for a product that I would guess is still probably quite a long way off.

But it's time for DJI to have new drone. There are no new ones in 2019,   is an unusual year. I'm sure there will be new drone this year. May be a new series
2019-10-11
Use props
jh8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39685 ft
  • >>>

Looking forward to the Mini!
Realistic expectations for improvements over Spark:
- Less noise: low noise foldable props out of the box
- More reliable wifi, especialy in CE countries (similar to the Mavic Air)
- Improved OA (Spark is too slow with OA on), usable hand gestures, APAS etc.
- Video: 2k would be OK for me, maybe even 4k30.
- 3 axis gimbal to prevent extreme cropping in video mode as with Spark. Support for 16:9 photo mode!
- I am sure <250g is realistic for DJI, since the comparable cheap JJRC X9 is also around 250g
- Battery life: same or better (18m would be great, but at 250g that might be pushing it)
- Lighter RC maybe?
2019-10-12
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>

Oracle Miata Posted at 10-11 08:04

Thanks for that!  Unfortunately, I haven't put anything out in a while.  I plan to get back to it very soon!  Thanks for checking!
2019-10-12
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>

ssylca44 Posted at 10-11 08:59
So did I. Cheers KlooGee

Thanks!  Hopefully I can start getting some new content out soon!
2019-10-12
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>

null5 Posted at 10-11 17:27
But it's time for DJI to have new drone. There are no new ones in 2019,   is an unusual year. I'm sure there will be new drone this year. May be a new series

Yep, pretty unusual, but based on all the rumors, I really think we will see the new Mavic Mini very shortly.

I thought the Mavic 3 would still be a ways out, but DroneDJ claims it may be out in January.  I think the Skydio 2 release may be pushing their timetable up a bit.  I love to see some competition!  Its good for everybody!
2019-10-12
Use props
ssylca44
Second Officer

KlooGee Posted at 10-12 07:10
Yep, pretty unusual, but based on all the rumors, I really think we will see the new Mavic Mini very shortly.

I thought the Mavic 3 would still be a ways out, but DroneDJ claims it may be out in January.  I think the Skydio 2 release may be pushing their timetable up a bit.  I love to see some competition!  Its good for everybody!

Yes, apparently by October 31!
2019-10-12
Use props
JagerSpecs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 69 ft
United Kingdom

Stop teasing with your rumour ssycla
Announcement soon do we think??
2019-10-23
Use props
Advanced