2716 8 2019-10-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SupCarlos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1454193 ft
  • >>>

Hello DJI,

Can someone tell me what " Auto Sync HD Photo " means in the camera settings of the DJI go 4 app?

Thanks
2019-10-8
Use props
Maxipro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1760791 ft

JPG photo is automatically uploaded to your smartphone.
2019-10-8
Use props
SupCarlos
lvl.4
  • >>>

Maxipro, I was told by DJI  phone technical support that this feature did NOT exist
2019-10-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. If you enable the Auto Sync HD Photo in the camera settings of DJI Go 4 application it means that the series of photos that you were captured will be automatically saved to your mobile device with HD resolution. This feature is still available for the DJI Mavic 2 series. Hope this helps. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!
2019-10-9
Use props
SupCarlos
lvl.4
  • >>>

Thank you Gamora. Can you please follow up with DJI phone support in North America? They clearly told me that this featur was not available and that i was forced to manually download them using the editor tab of the DJI go 4 app.

They seem very misinformed.
2019-10-9
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft

SupCarlos Posted at 10-9 10:25
Thank you Gamora. Can you please follow up with DJI phone support in North America? They clearly told me that this featur was not available and that i was forced to manually download them using the editor tab of the DJI go 4 app.

They seem very misinformed.

Part of the problem is that documentation for the DJI Go 4 app is not offered, either built-in to the app or as a PDF download or addendum to the owners manual, so many features are mysterious to both user and tech support alike!

There's also the platform differences between iOS and Android versions of the app -- in iOS, Auto Sync HD photos are stored in the same Photos Album used for pictures you take with the phone by itself. IIRC, on Android I believe the situation is a bit more complicated?

Lastly, fyi, Auto Sync HD Photo only works when you are shooting either JPG or DNG/JPG modes. Hope this helps.
2019-10-9
Use props
SupCarlos
lvl.4
  • >>>

Ex Machina Posted at 10-9 11:35
Part of the problem is that documentation for the DJI Go 4 app is not offered, either built-in to the app or as a PDF download or addendum to the owners manual, so many features are mysterious to both user and tech support alike!

There's also the platform differences between iOS and Android versions of the app -- in iOS, Auto Sync HD photos are stored in the same Photos Album used for pictures you take with the phone by itself. IIRC, on Android I believe the situation is a bit more complicated?

This helps so much more than their rude support line
2019-10-10
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft

SupCarlos Posted at 10-10 20:00
This helps so much more than their rude support line

Another confusing angle is that I think older phones receive lower (HD) resolution jpgs, while newer phones get the original sized image -- now, I haven't tested to see if downlinked jpgs are more heavily compressed than the orginals, but it seems reasonable that they could be. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

GO 4 has a facility for retrieving the original jpg from your bird for use in editing operations -- I'm wondering if this is what support thought you were trying to do?  

Fwiw I've found when my support contact didn't seem to understand what I was getting at, I'd restate the problem in a different way in an attempt to get around any potential language/translation difficulties. I once opened a new support request to get a different person who ended up having a better grasp of the language -- this can be a pain but is a reality of working with a Chinese company's product. It's been interesting to be on the opposite end of the dominant language equation. ;)

2019-10-15
Use props
SupCarlos
lvl.4
  • >>>

Ex Machina,

I asked the question in many different ways, each time the rep told me the same answer, expressed very negatively I did not understand the response. He clearly is lacking customer service etiquette
2019-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules