Connection issues in Exmouth WA
385 1 2019-10-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LWT86
lvl.1

Hi,

First time post. Has anybody flown in or around Exmouth, Western Australia before and experienced connection issues?

I took my Mavic 2 out the other day and twice, after about 2 minutes of flight, it disconnected from the RC (I have the DJI Smart Controller) and wouldn't reconnect. Luckily I was able to hit the RTH button and it came back.

This comes after I lost a previous drone for the same problem in Japan. Once my drone had landed I attempted to re-link the RC and the aircraft, once successfully, and after the second disconnection I couldn't re-link at all.

Exmouth does have a very significant prescence of radio towers and I'm wondering if that could have been the cause. It is concerning simply because I never once had an issue with the original Mavic Pro in Exmouth.

Any ideas?
2019-10-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Thank you for bringing this query for us and we're sorry for the inconvenience. There is a possibility that the drone encounters magnetic interference on that specific location. Please note that magnetic interference can have a bad effect on image transmission and it can cause disconnection. You may try to fly in a different location to see if the problem still persists. I will highly recommend as well to calibrate your IMU and Compass if you are flying in a new location to avoid any possible errors and problems. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your understanding.
2019-10-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules