Mavic mini
4896 23 2019-10-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dronie1965
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>

I found this on dutch droneside. Looks like mavic mini is coming soon. According to information it has been registered fcc. And dji probably is going to announce the mini in november or at least untill the end of the year.
Will see if that is happening. Keep my eyes open
F23294BB-BD2A-40B0-8D9D-303246AB16D2.jpeg
2019-10-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>

Oh something else I want but don’t need, will this put a halt to Skydio Gallup.
2019-10-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

2019-10-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

Yeah, it was posted here already.
We'll see when the announcement is made.
something like 'Zoom in on the little things that matter'
2019-10-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

hallmark007 Posted at 10-9 03:01

Double the fun
2019-10-9
Use props
maddox
Captain

Hope so, looking forward for this
2019-10-9
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft

Very interesting, we will have to wait a bit longer, cheers
2019-10-9
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

ssylca44 Posted at 10-9 05:59
Very interesting, we will have to wait a bit longer, cheers

Not so much longer as it appears.
It seems it will have the camera of the Mavic 2 Zoom.
Interesting what can be seen underneath the battery compartment:
Looks like a HDMI output and a SD (not MICRO) card slot or am I wrong?

https://dronedj.com/2019/10/08/dji-mavic-mini-confirmed-fcc-database-filing/
2019-10-9
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft

So far, it can do 4K/30fps.  I can't really find anything that confirms any type of gimbal, 2 or 3 axis.  I've seen pictures, but nothing is concrete yet.
2019-10-9
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft

Eric13 Posted at 10-9 07:31

I wouldn't believe everything from DroneDJ!
2019-10-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. As of the moment, we don't have any information regarding DJI's future products, please stay tuned to the latest news and events by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media platforms below. Thank you for your understanding. Cheers!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI

Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations
2019-10-9
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>

hallmark007 Posted at 10-9 03:01

No, no it won’t.  The Skydio hype is real and rightfully so.  
2019-10-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

Eric13 Posted at 10-9 07:31

Don’t know if that’s the finished product, strange they wouldn’t use usbc and if you compare that slot for SD Card to usb connection it looks like micro sd .
I will be surprised if it lands at $399 with RC that’s cheap .
2019-10-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

Oracle Miata Posted at 10-9 08:24
No, no it won’t.  The Skydio hype is real and rightfully so.

It will do everything except the Active track that Skydio does well maybe 4K 60fps, but it flies further it has OA it has a remote control same size camera is the size of a phone against the size of a medium pizza and on top of all that it’s almost $1000 cheaper no reg , Skydio will have real problems flying within the rules . I think if I was buying for my son this would be a no brainer .
2019-10-9
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>

hallmark007 Posted at 10-9 08:28
Don’t know if that’s the finished product, strange they wouldn’t use usbc and if you compare that slot for SD Card to usb connection it looks like micro sd .
I will be surprised if it lands at $399 with RC that’s cheap .

Yeah, I'm pretty skeptical of the $399 w/ RC price point as well.  If they can actually hit it, they are going to sell a ton of them!

2019-10-9
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>

hallmark007 Posted at 10-9 03:00

What does the Mavic Mini has to offer? It seems like DJI is banking on portability over AI of Skydio 2.  It's easy to make it smaller but hard to make it smarter.
2019-10-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

Maxi3D Posted at 10-9 10:36
What does the Mavic Mini has to offer? It seems like DJI is banking on portability over AI of Skydio 2.  It's easy to make it smaller but hard to make it smarter.

It will have Active track 3 I suspect, it will fly 5km so further than Skydio it can shoot 4K 30fps 2.7k 60fps it fits in your pocket unlike Skydio that fits in a suitcase lol, it will have everything Skydio except for the excellent active track and 4K 60fps, but it has other stuff Skydio doesn’t have like RC included and they say it will be close to 1k cheaper than Skydio , that’s enough for me, and oh yes you won’t need to register it .
2019-10-9
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>

I think this will be replacing the DJI SPARK.  Take a look at the DJI Store and you'll see their no longer selling the SPARK.  Think they're making a little room for this to take it's place in that niche.  
2019-10-9
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
  • >>>

hallmark007 Posted at 10-9 10:42
It will have Active track 3 I suspect, it will fly 5km so further than Skydio it can shoot 4K 30fps 2.7k 60fps it fits in your pocket unlike Skydio that fits in a suitcase lol, it will have everything Skydio except for the excellent active track and 4K 60fps, but it has other stuff Skydio doesn’t have like RC included and they say it will be close to 1k cheaper than Skydio , that’s enough for me, and oh yes you won’t need to register it .

That would be ok if I were putting drones in my pocket... but at 245 grams and the plastic toy look of this thing, I’d be afraid I’d break it.  As far as distance, I don’t fly beyond VLOS, so that doesn’t do anything for me either.  It’ll still be using WiFi at that size and weight, so no Occusync... You got me on the price, although that hasn’t been officially announced.  I’m still far more intrigued by what the Skydio brings.  Exciting times, and who am I kidding I’ll get both anyway.
2019-10-9
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
  • >>>

hallmark007 Posted at 10-9 10:42
Double post oooops...
2019-10-9
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft

the last thing i want to hear if it is true is to have the same flop malfunctions as the SPARK  !!
2019-10-9
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

Assuming the information in the link I provided is correct, I can imagine that DJIs intention is this:
Not beating technical specs but beating the magic weight limit of 250g. No DJI drone is that light.

For the US the only difference may be that registration is not needed.
But EU: With the upcoming legislation in 2020, a drone above 250g won't be anonymous fun anymore.
I'm not talking about registration or some stupid online test the owner has to pass.
It is about the remote identification.

As I understand so far every drone flown in the EU above 250g will fall into upcoming drone class C1 and needs to be technically able to integrate into Europe’s Unmanned Traffic Management (UTM).
Thus having the capability of Electronic ID/ Geo Awareness.
I have read somewhere that every person with a smart phone would then be able to locate drones, see it's ID and other specs and the position of it's operator.

Then fun is over. I already see haters chasing us...

2019-10-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

Eric13 Posted at 10-9 12:42
Assuming the information in the link I provided is correct, I can imagine that DJIs intention is this:
Not beating technical specs but beating the magic weight limit of 250g. No DJI drone is that light.

I think it’s for every new drone, older drones can still be used but will be phased out so I presume no new parts will be sold no new batteries built, and although there are weight constrictions there will be buffer zones for older drones.
If you read the proposed rules from EASA you will see they make perfect sense allowing all flying throughout Europe to be on the same playing pitch.

In fact most countries rules will be almost the same other countries benefit a lot from these rules , yes the big brother will be around, but big brother is around in everything we do, once you turn on your mobile phone big brother knows where you are, and I suspect if your not doing anything wrong it doesn’t matter who knows and really I think nobody will care a damn what your doing and they’ll care less about people flying their drones around the sky .
2019-10-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

It’s still here ?
2019-10-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules