Extension Rod buttons noise
1265 6 2019-10-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hedac
lvl.4

I got the DJI extension rod for the osmo pocket, and it is good. There is a small problem. The buttons are quite noisy, specially in the recordings. Even if I don't use any other buttons, I can still hear the click to stop recording at the end of each video.

The quality overall feels very good. Happy with it, but a bit sad too. I guess I will have to use the phone screen instead of the rod buttons.

The joystick is great, to be able to use vertical or horizontal, but the feel of the wheel is better than the joystick for slow pannings  because the wheel has like a spring mechanism.

2019-10-9
Use props
djiuser_SGtX4I7iJci7
lvl.3

Have to agree about the wheel / joystick comparison. Compared to the wheel the stick is awful, you can kinda dampen it a bit by pressing against the direction you’re trying to move with another finger but it’s not always possible.  The stick gives me no joy at all!
2019-10-10
Use props
sub03
New

Yes, there is such a thing. If you hit the rod - there will also be a click. Probably the only way out is an external microphone.
2019-10-10
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>

I agree buttons are too noisy. Also I noticed that if keep top right button pressed down that camera keeps the same direction and when I release that it still points to that direction. Only way i fould release it was power off and on again. Bug or?
2019-10-16
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Noisy buttons - well, first rule of video is to shoot a few seconds before and after the 'action' to give you room for editing, and any clicks will be in that portion you will be intending to cut off.

As for the 'full lock' function, it is left to the user to decide what happens when you unlock.  If the camera head moved of its own volition after releasing the lock, it might not be what you want at all.  You can use recenter or use the joystick to steer the camera, or align the stick with the gimbal head before unlocking - but powering off and on shouldn't be required at all!
2019-10-17
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Well I use 99% of the time just film kids and that kind things so no editing at all. Its 350 euro family cam not movie production camera. OP itself has silent buttons.

Lock function seems to work today when I release the button. Don't know why it did not work yesterday. 0 C temperature should not make that happen.
2019-10-17
Use props
hedac
lvl.4
Spain

fansfe82067d Posted at 10-17 03:29
Noisy buttons - well, first rule of video is to shoot a few seconds before and after the 'action' to give you room for editing, and any clicks will be in that portion you will be intending to cut off.

As for the 'full lock' function, it is left to the user to decide what happens when you unlock.  If the camera head moved of its own volition after releasing the lock, it might not be what you want at all.  You can use recenter or use the joystick to steer the camera, or align the stick with the gimbal head before unlocking - but powering off and on shouldn't be required at all!

I cannot use the buttons while recording either... It is not just the noise when starting/ending recording. For example, the button to recenter, to switch to selfie mode, to switch modes... etc.. One of the strong reasons to buy the Rod was to have the buttons there... but if I cannot use them without making the noises, then it is a dissapointment.
2019-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules