Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Strange Lights when flying
636 5 2019-10-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CaptonZoom
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14596 ft

Hi Gang!!

New to the forum and Phantom 3 Standard.  

Read the manual front to back side to side backwards and forward, but cannot seem to find my answer.

I have a strange thing going on.  When I fly at my current house, I have no issues what so ever.  The Front lights solid red, which is normail, and rear lights flashes green ever so often, which is normal also.  At current house, I am close to airport, but I have LAANC authorization from FAA for 200 ft vertical altitude .  

Now....

When I fly at the house we are building, the front lights are again, solid red but the rear lights flash this sequence each time I fly there (every flight):
(4) fast green followed by (2) RED slow. (This could be in reverse, meaning, (2) slow red followed by (4) fast green).  Not sure the order if that makes sense.

I am closer to the airport at this location, again, with LAANC authorization from FAA for 50 ft vertical altitude.  

The manual shows nothing of this sequence and I cannot find anything on the web.  

Want to make sure the drone is safe to fly.  

The only warning i have in the DJI app, as well as when I prepare to fly it comes up with this warning and to accept:
"Your aircraft has entered a Warning Zone (Class B).  Please fly with caution.  I get the same message and warning at both locations though.  

I have no interference messages, nothing.  is it because I am closer to the airport?

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

-RG

2019-10-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft

This has been addressed in several posts already. Which I have replied to a couple..

Yes, it has to do with the area you are flying.

See this post.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-108365-1-1.html
Hopefully this applies to your drone as well.
If not, then I'm unsure.

RedHotPoker

2019-10-10
Use props
CaptonZoom
lvl.1

RedHotPoker Posted at 10-10 17:30
This has been addressed in several posts already. Which I have replied to a couple..

Yes, it has to do with the area you are flying.

Thank you for that!   So basically disregard the visual indicators on the drone and pay attention to the drone  in flight and the app in flight for errors or warnings.  Sound about right?

I think I found the page in the manual.  See attached.
E4875F41-2E6F-4AC5-B21C-DE6DDC501912.jpeg
2019-10-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain

If the drone flys and you are following the local regulations, yes, by all means enjoy the freedom to fly.

That’s good info for others to follow as well.  Just beware, be aware, of the rules that apply.

RedHotPoker
2019-10-10
Use props
CaptonZoom
lvl.1

Absolutely!!  Follow all the rules.  Number 1 priority!

Many thanks!
2019-10-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain

CaptonZoom Posted at 10-10 19:17
Absolutely!!  Follow all the rules.  Number 1 priority!

Many thanks!

If more of us, would fly with all regard for the rules, we’d all be better off, in the long run.

Happy that you are one of the respectful, amongst us. ;-)

RedHotPoker

2019-10-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules