RoboMaster System One Montreal Tournament
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4

I found a great location to hold RoboMaster System One tournaments in the West Island suburb of Montreal. The building offers two halls. The small one is perfect to set-up a single RoboMaster S1 playing field, whereas the second could accommodate 2 or 3 fields. It has a kitchen and bathroom facilities.
I'm launching preparations to hold a first RoboMaster System One - Montreal tournament in November.

More details to follow...

2019-10-11
Use props
MarkusXL
lvl.4

That's awesome!  See if you can get a local news station to come out and do a tech interest bit on it!  
2019-10-12
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4

MarkusXL Posted at 10-12 10:49
That's awesome!  See if you can get a local news station to come out and do a tech interest bit on it!

Yes... I definitely intend to invite some media representatives.

I have two educational robotics squads that have shown interest to attend: The new PolySTAR RoboMaster Team from École Polytechnique de Montréal; and Team Tech for Kids a private school who's robotics program include coverage of FIRST Lego League and FIRST Robotics Competition. Tech for Kids have 20 RoboMaster S1s already and they have offered to bring all of them to the tournament.

Two other private High Schools are reviewing the possibility of adding the RoboMAster S1 to their curriculum. They would also attend, especially if they can borrow some of the S1s from the Tech for Kids team.

I will ask the teams to run an information booth on their school's robotics program and teams.

For this first tournament, I am planning for a combination of Solo, race style (Solo - Target Race or Combat - Race Mode style) and Combat (3-on-3 or 4-on-4 Free-for-All with some type of team "fudging" of score sheets).

Also, I wonder if you could put me in touch with your DJI Marketing contact? I noticed this week that the DJI Store now sells and delivers the RoboMaster S1 in Canada. They may want to jump on the opportunity to support the tournament, and perhaps even do a focused media event.

2019-10-12
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4

MarkusXL Posted at 10-12 10:49
That's awesome!  See if you can get a local news station to come out and do a tech interest bit on it!

I now have a livestream production team lined up for the RoboMaster System One - Montréal event. We plan to livestream on our new group's Facebook page.  We are even planning on a Commentator Desk and some Mobile livecasts.

It should be real fun!
2019-10-13
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4

Here are pictures of the facility I have located to launch the DJI RoboMaster System One - Montréal events. Two very nice large rooms to work with and a complete functioning kitchen.
The video clip gives a fairly good impression of the size of the large hall. I turned the S1s recoding on while my grand kids were giving Chip and Dale their first combat mission. I was fascinated to see how 6 year old kids could pick-up the basics of robot driving, both on a Samsung S8 smartphone or a Windows 10 laptop.

2019-10-14
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4
Canada

Ladiiiiies and Gentlemen!

We have a date and location for the inaugural RoboMaster System One - Montréal tournament. Mark your calendars: Sunday November 17th 2019.

The location is the Sunnybrook Village community center in Dollard-des-Ormeaux, in the West Island suburb community of the Greater Montreal area. This community center is, I believe, one of the best sites possible to run the league, as I have shown above. The large hall will serve as the Competition Hall, whereas the smaller one will serve as the Pit, Administration and Exhibition Area.

I also have found a media producer that will livestream the event on the League's Facebook page at:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/571899803349432/

At this time, it looks like we may end-up having between 20 and 30 RoboMaster S1s on site for the occasion. It'll be be a riot!

2019-10-17
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4
Canada

The RoboMaster System One - Montreal Tournament 0 is approaching rapidly.

I am happy to announce that we will be livestreaming the event with live "on-the-go" commentary.

Here is the preliminary schedule for the day:
09h30 - Community Center doors open and registration begins;
10h00 - Start of robot inspections et practice period
Note: We will offer coffee and doughnuts on site.
12h00 - Lunch break at competitor's own expense. There are many dining options within a kilometer from the Community Center. We have a fridge in the kitch. Limited space. First come, first served.
13h00 -  Team and pilot meetings
13h30 -  Competitions start on two (2) fields:
1) 1 vs 1 Race with LED Blaster; and
2) 2 vs 2 or 3 vs 3 Free-for-All with Canon and Gel Beads, depending on the number of drivers and teams registered.
14h45 - 30 minute Break
16h30 - End of competitions and proclamation of tournament winners.

All times are EDT.

We should have around 20 RoboMaster S1s on site for the Tournament.

I will be using my TP-Link AC750 Mobile Router for the 1-on-1 field and a TP-Link AC2600 Smart WiFi Router for the Free-for-All Field.

I have encouraged RMS1 owners to bring forth their best programming for the Tournament.
2019-10-31
Use props
BGA
lvl.4
United States

rhoude57 - YUL Posted at 10-31 22:24
The RoboMaster System One - Montreal Tournament 0 is approaching rapidly.

I am happy to announce that we will be livestreaming the event with live "on-the-go" commentary.

Maybe you may find some use for this:

https://git.bug-br.org.br/bga/ro ... _programs/sentry.py

Fully configurable sentry mode with distance threshold for firing (It always tracks the closest robot it can see.

2019-11-1
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4
Canada

BGA Posted at 11-1 07:19
Maybe you may find some use for this:

https://git.bug-br.org.br/bga/robomasters1/src/master/sample_programs/sentry.py

Definitely one of the tricks in the bag for the tournament...
2019-11-1
Use props
MarkusXL
lvl.4
United States

Looking forward to the reports!
2019-11-1
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4
Canada

Hi Guys and Gals,

We're into the last week before the RoboMaster System One - Montreal Tournament 0.

As discussed, we will be livestreaming the day's activities with myself and robotics friend Camil Bisson. We will provide French and English commentary and interviews all day. I will post the link to the livestream as soon as possible.

We will also have a team on site that will build a brand spanking new RoboMaster S1 straight out of the box, and then compete with it.

We are expecting robotics fans of all ages that will get behind a controller and give one of the RoboMaster S1s a spin on our two courses: a Battle Race course pitting drivers one-on-one who will use the Blaster to hinder the progress of its adversary towards the Finish Line; and 2) a Battle Free-for-All pitting 3-on-3 teams who will try to score as many points as possible on the adversary's home Base Target while avoiding loosing their own Health Points.
2019-11-11
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4
Canada

A late medical emergency in the night of November 17th forced me to cancel the first RoboMaster System One - Montreal event.
I will reschedule the tournament in the new year, hopefully with the rumoured "Team Play" mode.
2019-11-17
Use props
Malibu Aerial
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143898 ft
United States

rhoude57 - YUL Posted at 11-17 14:07
A late medical emergency in the night of November 17th forced me to cancel the first RoboMaster System One - Montreal event.
I will reschedule the tournament in the new year, hopefully with the rumoured "Team Play" mode.

Hope everything is well.
2019-11-17
Use props
MarkusXL
lvl.4
United States

Bummer, that's sad news.  Get well soon!  Hopefully Team Play will be out and make it a great event for next time.
2019-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules