Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How do you remove the camera & gimbal ass'y?
1798 6 2019-10-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
telephony
lvl.1

Quick Q: How do you remove the camera & gimbal assembly from a Phantom 3 Standard?
The reason that I ask is that the gimball juist thrashes around at powerup and does not stop, and I'd like to temporarily stick another camera on the drone so that I could at least have aerial videos for my YouTube channel.

I first directed my attention to those four transparent plastic columns at the corners, but could not figure out how to nondestructively remove the transparent plastic washers that apparently hold everything together.

Anybody?
2019-10-13
Use props
telephony
lvl.1

I wanted to add that I do not have the $$$ to send it off to DJI; this drone was a gift from a Fresno CA. USA police officer just over three months ago and I am not able to contact him. :-/
2019-10-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day telephony. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. If you are having issues with the gimbal of your DJI Phantom 3 Standard. I would recommend to contact our DJI Support team at  https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance with this matter. Just a friendly reminder that  DJI do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing the said remote controller to avoid further damaging the said unit. Thank for your understanding and for your support.
2019-10-13
Use props
telephony
lvl.1

Thank you!!! I'm on my way as soon as I post this. :-)
2019-10-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft

There are videos on YouTube that show an easy way to remove your drones gimbal vibration dampeners...

RedHotPoker
2019-10-14
Use props
Sick Dawg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 451119 ft

just buy new dampener pins, and cushions, cut the old pins and take them off to remove the camera.
the pins and cushions are inexpensive.
2019-10-15
Use props
telephony
lvl.1

United States

Can't do that any more. I experienced a fly-away a short time ago, so I'm now officially "droneless in Fresno". :-(
But thank you for the tip in any case. :-)
2019-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules