Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Single remote camera control?
5181 11 2014-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ETDroneHome
lvl.2

United States

Is it possible to pan the gimble with a single controller, or only tilt via the dial?  Not sure how the camera controls actually work.

2014-11-14
Use props
DJI-DingC
lvl.2

China

Currently, with single remote controller,the operator can only control the tilt of the camera.
2014-11-15
Use props
ETDroneHome
lvl.2

United States

Thanks for the reply.   When you say "currently", does that imply that this could change at some point?

I was thinking that the dial could be made more like a mouse scroll wheel with side-to-side action.  That way pan could be controlled at the same time as tilt, just by rocking the dial to one side or the other, if that makes any sense.

Something to think about in the future.
2014-11-15
Use props
metalios
lvl.3
Flight distance : 892703 ft
  • >>>
United States

what about future follow me.  Will it also require 2 operators?
2014-11-15
Use props
thomaskim558
lvl.3
Flight distance : 865177 ft
Singapore

u can control inspire 1 with 1 remote controller either two of them
2014-11-15
Use props
sthuemmel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1749321 ft
United States

According to the preliminary manual, you cannot PAN the camera with one remote. You must have a second remote to PAN the camera.....  This doesn't seem to be fair....  you must but a second remote to use the camera PAN.
2014-11-22
Use props
max
lvl.3

South Africa

Geez, the more I read, the more I realize the Inspire is a two man operation... I mean what is the point of transforming if you cant pan your camera????  Its just like any other drone then..
2014-11-25
Use props
deribas
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4009774 ft
Ukraine

DJI-DingC Posted at 2014-11-15 23:16
Currently, with single remote controller,the operator can only control the tilt of the camera.

Hello guys.
With great plesure I'm using Lightbridge system together with my DX9 transmitter (connected by "Y" red cable throgh training port) for P2 control and head tracker (connected by "Y" black cable) for gimbal control. I think using head tracker is much more easier then using additional operator with addidtional remote controller.
I've pre-ordered Inspire 1 (version with 2 controllers) one week ago.
Unnfortunately after pre order I noticed that Inspire 1 transmitters have neither training port nor compatibility with "old" Lightbridge. If I'm mistaken pls specify!
As per DJI info Inspire 1 have modified Lightbridge system integrated in it. I do not understand is it modification to delete such great improvment like training port with "Y" cable fm Inspire 1 ??!!!

Dear DJI. Do you have any idea how I can use my head tracker I used before instead of second transmitter with Inspire 1?

Thank you very very much in advance for your help!
2014-11-25
Use props
lrwskyfilms
lvl.2

United Kingdom

"Geez, the more I read, the more I realize the Inspire is a two man operation... I mean what is the point of transforming if you cant pan your camera????  Its just like any other drone then.."

A possible answer is on a similar thread. Cheers Mark
2014-11-25
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

deribas@mail.ru Posted at 2014-11-25 22:17
Hello guys.
With great plesure I'm using Lightbridge system together with my DX9 transmitter (conn ...

The Inspire is not compatible with the existing Lightbridge units, either as a Tx or with the current LB as a slave.  While similar they are different.  
Single person operations.  The Inspire works fine for a single operator solution.  To pan, you yaw the Inspire.  I have to do that on my S1000/GH4 and S900/BMPCC.  I could run at two person operation with them but I choose not to do so.  If you try and pan the camera while flying it is very difficult and can lead to pilot orientation issues.  Much easier to use IOC - CL to fly and yaw at the same time.  No issues there.
2014-11-25
Use props
punkinhart
lvl.3
Australia

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2014-11-26 01:49
The Inspire is not compatible with the existing Lightbridge units, either as a Tx or with the curre ...

I wonder though.. The inspire 1 seems to have been designed more for forward flight, given the shape of the body, deep and flat on the sides, will this make sideways flight more unstable? And hence using  yaw to control pan while the craft is moving could be less than desirable for achieving smooth footage. To look at, the inspire looks like it would have a lot of drag on the body moving sideways.
2014-11-26
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have not noticed that.  But I don't spend a lot of time flying sideways.  If you need that kind of complicated camera movement, the that is where you bring in a camera operator.  That is what I did today.
2014-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules