DJI won't comply with consumer law
2419 4 2019-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JordRoberts
lvl.1
Flight distance : 236243 ft

Hi, I wanted to know if anyone else has experienced something similar to the below, and if they found a solution.

My Mavic Pro was sent in for repair (CAS-3567142-S2B0S0) due to an unstable gimbal and many unsuccessful attemps to rectify with DJI remotely (it would never sit quite straight), DJI confirmed the repair would be carried out under warranty after tests concluded there was no crash or liquid damage to the unit. Upon receiving the unit back with a replacement gimbal it displayed the error message 'Gimbal Disconnected'.

I obviously couldn't do anything with the drone (in now worse than original condition) so sent it back in to DJI requesting a refund as per my statutory rights, at this point I was dissatisfied with the service and product. However, when DJI received and tested the drone for the second time, they claimed there was liquid damage to the controller, which is apparently causing the 'Gimbal Disconnected' message. Firstly, the controller was sent in exactly the same condition I received it back from DJI in (perfect working order), and secondly, it seems very odd that the controller would have anything to do with the connection of the gimbal to the drone. The only solution DJI offered was for me to pay a 425.61EUR replacement fee, and notified me that they would not be sending my unit back to me under any circumstances because of 'health and safety'.

DJI have now had my drone on and off since June 23rd, and keep passing me around to different departments to avoid complying with consumer law and giving me the refund I'm entitled to.

I'm seriously at the end of my patience with this. For reference, the case has been through customer service, technicians, and is now with the legal team with very little updates.

2019-10-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, On behalf of DJI I extend my sincere apologies for the issues that you have experienced with us. We already forwarded this issue to the Management Team for them to respond to your issue via email or phone as soon as possible. Rest assured that this will be sorted out sooner and with ease. Appreciate your support and understanding.
2019-10-14
Use props
SupCarlos
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1454193 ft
  • >>>

I have had very very similar problems with their repair service and 'customer service' support. They're truly a bad company to do business with. It took me 4 months for them to finally understand what my argument was. It was escalated 5 times to 'highest' support for a decision before i finally got my message through. I think this is  a side effect of doing business with a company who's values differ so much from ours. PM me if you would like more details, if i display them here they will censor the response and block me for telling people the truth.
2019-10-15
Use props
SupCarlos
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1454193 ft
  • >>>

Buy American: https://www.skydio.com/
2019-10-15
Use props
fans3497fd47
lvl.2
Flight distance : 909596 ft