Firmware help getting stuck
1069 6 2019-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Colorado Drone
lvl.1

Ok I am not new to Drones but got my son a Phantom 4 used. Flew it a couple times with no issues until it came up with needing a firmware update. Plugged it in to the computer and started the DJI Assistant 2. Started the update and everything runs fine till it gets to the Updateing at 50%. The drone starts shutting down and turning back on and everything holds at 36%. I have tried using the factory rest and it wokrs fine. Tried to downgrade the firmware and gets stuck and starts shutting down as well. Any help would be much appriciated as this seems harder than it should be.
2019-10-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft

That’s got to be frustrating.

Not sure of a fix.

RedHotPoker
2019-10-14
Use props
Axeli
lvl.4
Flight distance : 339416 ft

Hi, try update it over DJI Go app and if it fails, post here in which moment.
2019-10-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Assistant 2 software on your computer and try to download the firmware again to see if the problem persists? Also, can you please clarify if you receive any error message on the software when it gets stuck? Please keep us posted. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2019-10-15
Use props
Colorado Drone
lvl.1

Couple of updates, first I have downloaded the Assistant on three different computer both Mac and PC all of which are having the same issue. Once it reaches the 50% the drone starts rebooting over and over again till it just stops and does nothing. I left it that way for four hours last night thinking it would continue to do anything till all batteries died. There is never an error messages that pops up at anytime it just freezes.

The current version on the drone is 02.00.0700 while the RC is 1.9.3.

When trying to do the update from the app I hit the update available and it takes me to the home page screen with the pop up showing to connect it directly to the drone. Once I hit OK nothing happens and stays on the homepage screen.

I also tried to downgrade to the previous version this morning and it does the same thing once it reaches 50%.
2019-10-15
Use props
Colorado Drone
lvl.1

On a side note I am able to fly the drone but without any picture and no gimbal control.
2019-10-15
Use props
snapper30
lvl.1

Ireland

Colorado Drone Posted at 2019-10-15 09:45
On a side note I am able to fly the drone but without any picture and no gimbal control.

Hiya.. just checking if you ever found a fix for this

Thank you
2020-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules