Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Amazing Video - Inspire Rescues Crashed Mavic Pro
988 11 2019-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
5X5 NEWS
New

https://youtu.be/-tGTZ3Ovk1o
WARNING: FOUL LANGUAGE. My DJI Mavic crashed during a battery failure over a Toyota warehouse in Ontario California. I was nearly a mile away when this happened and in a No Fly Zone!   Toyota security would not allow us to go on top of the building to retrieve the Drone. They also would not allow me on the property to fly my Inspire drone to attempt a rescue of the mavic Drone. So I told security I will fly a drone to pick up the other drone while not on their property and Toyota security told us we can't even do that! WTF!  So I decided to do it anyway! Never buying a Toyota vehicle now!  So how was I going to do this. I have never done anything like this before. It is not in the DJI Manuals lol  I was not even sure my Inspire was strong enough to pick up a Mavic. This required some LOL Logic Or Luck!   I took a tie-down strap and cut it to about 5 feet in length. This was a windy weekend here in SoCal as you could tell by all the fires that caused blackouts here in California. My first 2 attempts were complete failures in 25-35 MPH winds. I nearly lost the Inspire.  So I cut a tie-down strap to about 2 feet and I attached it to my DJI Inspire 1 drone. Using my DJI inspire I flew over to the Toyota building and made an attempt to grab the Drone. After the 2 failed attempts during high winds I decided to wait until the next morning when the winds would be more calm.  With winds down from 35mph to a doable 10mph I decided to go for it. It was still windy but I wanted my drone. The hook dangling from the drone created a wobbly flight situation which required my undivided attention. The thought of the day before when I nearly lost my Inspire was still fresh in my mind. The strap hit the one of the propellers several times. This time I had cut the strap to a much shorter length which helped solve the swinging issue but created a new issue. The Inspire was going to lower the landing gear as I got close to the Mavic and the wind created by the Inspire was going to create a floating effect similar to ground effect.   This was going to be tricky.  In this dramatic rescue you will see that I grabbed the wrong arm, (The thumbnail pic was not the same arm as I could not duplicate the scenario without the drone falling) which meant that the Drone could fall at any time. I wanted to grab the arm that had the longer feet as that would be more to grab on to with my hook. Well I grabbed the wrong arm and with the battery low I went for it.   I was nervous and this caused me to over correct, which induced a tourette type foul language response. Sorry about that.   I was able to pick up the Mavic and fly the Inspire back, rescuing my Mavic drone and get the chip which had important video for a documentary about the Las Vegas Massacre I was working on. The largest mass shooting in United States history that happened on 10/01/2017 and we needed that footage for the film now called "Lost Vegas".   The Maverick drone is trashed but what was more important was the footage that I had on the chip that was on that drone. I had to have the Drone. No one was going to stop me from getting that drone. I was flying in a no-fly zone, over the top of a building in which I was told not to fly over due to their security concerns, doing something I had never done.  I don't know why the battery just died on me during a flight. I am happy to have my Mavic back but sad as it was my go to drone when I needed to get up and running fast.  If you lose a drone don't give up hope. Using the find my drone feature on the DJI Go software I was able to not only find my DJI Mavic drone, I was able to rescue my Mavic using my DJI Inspire.   I don't recommend doing what I did but I felt I had no other option.  PS: I have DJI Mavic for sale, slightly damaged and needs a new gimbal. LOL  If you have questions feel free to email me at either miketurber@gmail.com or 5x5news@protonmail.com   Thanks for watching and please give me a thumbs up and share this video.
2019-10-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day 5X5 NEWS. Thank you for sharing this information with us today and I can not wait to see this video you have posted. Thank you.
2019-10-14
Use props
5X5 NEWS
New

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-14 15:16
Hello and good day 5X5 NEWS. Thank you for sharing this information with us today and I can not wait to see this video you have posted. Thank you.

Thank You Stephen
2019-10-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

Good catch.
2019-10-14
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>

Nice work, glad it all worked out. You could definitely see this going another way, where either your inspire crashes on the Toyota roof or above those cars/road.
2019-10-15
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>

If you are going to attempt a rescue, you need to make it look like the entire situation never happened, the crash and the rescue.  You also need to activate airplane/do not disturb mode.
2019-10-15
Use props
BobB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft

He got lucky hooking it with that small hook but he said it was his 3rd attempt. Glad it worked out and ya no drone left behind
2019-10-15
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft

Nice save!  Glad you didn't lose another.
2019-10-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

You are very much welcome 5X5 NEWS. BTW I have already watch the video you have posted. Great flying and the accuracy was perfect. It is great to see that you have retrieve your DJI Mavic 2 Pro from the roof using a hook attached to your DJI Inspire 1. Have a safe and a happy flying always. .
2019-10-15
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Nice save.
2019-10-16
Use props
BigBird2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 883645 ft
  • >>>
United States

No vidio????????
2019-10-21
Use props
SH59
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4291 ft

United States

All I see now is....

Video unavailable

This video is no longer available because the YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated.
2019-10-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules