Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire to sell
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vascoarmartins
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45394 ft

Hi, I'm looking to buy a Inspire 1 or 2 that can't fly anymore just to use the Gimbal with my X5 Pro.

Can anyone tell me where can I find this please, thank you very much.
Vasco
2019-10-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Lots of Inspires on eBay these days.
2019-10-15
Use props
vascoarmartins
lvl.2

True, but because I only need the Gimbal module I was hopping to find a salvaged inspire that can't fly anymore for a better price.
2019-10-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. Upon checking on our store website, we don't have the available brand new unit for the DJI Inspire 1 and we only have a refurbished unit available. You may check the link below. Thank you for your continued support!

https://store.dji.com/product-search?q=inspire+1
2019-10-15
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

vascoarmartins Posted at 10-15 05:09
True, but because I only need the Gimbal module I was hopping to find a salvaged inspire that can't fly anymore for a better price.

Gimbal/camera modules are different for each of two Inspire models. X5/X5R will fit Inspire 1 Pro drone only. Anyway:

1. Every Inspire damaged beyond repair will be teared down for salvageable parts and sold on eBay.
2. Inspire's gimbal is usually the first part to be damaged on impact, therefore virtually impossible to find on second hand market as a scrap.
3. There's a plenty of used X5/X5R cameras on eBay for very reasonable price.
4. DJI should be still able to service damaged X5 camera at reasonable cost, usually within $300 range. Did that twice, no issue.   
2019-10-15
Use props
vascoarmartins
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 10-15 12:22
Gimbal/camera modules are different for each of two Inspire models. X5/X5R will fit Inspire 1 Pro drone only. Anyway:

1. Every Inspire damaged beyond repair will be teared down for salvageable parts and sold on eBay.

Thank you for the reply,

I do have the Osmo X5 pro, but I want a better solution to use it on my WireLite cable car.
So because DJi decided to discontinuo the Osmo unfortunately, I think the Inspire can be a good option to make a DIY elegant solution.
So I need the control module for the gimbal, the gimbal connector and the battery only.

With this I hope I can make a connection to my ipad and control the camera remotely.
I hope is possible to use the drone connection without the remote control, only with the ipad, could you please confirm?

thank you
2019-10-17
Use props
vascoarmartins
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-15 07:50
Hi, thank you for reaching out. Upon checking on our store website, we don't have the available brand new unit for the DJI Inspire 1 and we only have a refurbished unit available. You may check the link below. Thank you for your continued support!

https://store.dji.com/product-search?q=inspire+1

Hi, thank you for the reply

Can you please confirm that the control unit plus the gimbal connector plus the battery should be enough for me to control the x5 camera remotely without the need of the inspire controller ?

thank  you in advance
2019-10-17
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

vascoarmartins Posted at 10-17 03:52
Thank you for the reply,

I do have the Osmo X5 pro, but I want a better solution to use it on my WireLite cable car.

Ah, that's a different scenario (you meant Wiral Lite, right?). But nope, that wouldn't work. Osmo X5 Pro is controlled by either WiFi (remotely, on short distances only) or directly via USB cable adapter from device (phone or tablet). Inspire - for change - is controlled remotely by radio transmitter, employing Lightbridge technology. So, you'll need RC anyway to control Inspire's gimbal movements. The advantage of such solution is the distance at which you may be able to control the camera. Anyway, you'll need to cannibalize Inspire's frame and some components step by step to see at which point the system will refuse to cooperate reliably. Relocating just the Lightbridge antennas is a daunting task only skilled hobbyists may attempt ... The Go app will protest loudly at - say - motors/ESC or GPS module not detected ... Interesting project indeed ... Imagine twin RC setup for stick controlled gimbal! But you may end up buying a second hand Inspire 1. There's a plenty on eBay these days ...
2019-10-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

vascoarmartins Posted at 10-17 04:03
Hi, thank you for the reply

Can you please confirm that the control unit plus the gimbal connector plus the battery should be enough for me to control the x5 camera remotely without the need of the inspire controller ?

Hi, thank you for the additional information. You may refer to the post of our fellow DJI pilot Matthew on post #11. Thank you for your continued support!
2019-10-17
Use props
vascoarmartins
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 10-17 11:57
Ah, that's a different scenario (you meant Wiral Lite, right?). But nope, that wouldn't work. Osmo X5 Pro is controlled by either WiFi (remotely, on short distances only) or directly via USB cable adapter from device (phone or tablet). Inspire - for change - is controlled remotely by radio transmitter, employing Lightbridge technology. So, you'll need RC anyway to control Inspire's gimbal movements. The advantage of such solution is the distance at which you may be able to control the camera. Anyway, you'll need to cannibalize Inspire's frame and some components step by step to see at which point the system will refuse to cooperate reliably. Relocating just the Lightbridge antennas is a daunting task only skilled hobbyists may attempt ... The Go app will protest loudly at - say - motors/ESC or GPS module not detected ... Interesting project indeed ... Imagine twin RC setup for stick controlled gimbal! But you may end up buying a second hand Inspire 1. There's a plenty on eBay these days ...

Hi, thanks, this was really helpful,  If I need the remote I might drop the project because I'm looking for a light to transport setup, not the other way around but I was hopeful it would work.

Is a pity DJi discontinued the development of the Osmo, is a nice supplement for people that have the Inspire to use the cameras without the drones, I would even consider upgrading to the X7 even.

thank you very much for the help
2019-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules