Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Video Image is not stabilised
691 8 2019-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_N5yK9EHgeYvJ
lvl.1

Hello DJI Forum,

I bought DJI Osmo Action cam in May and since then I have noticed that the image is not really stable while using it walking in the park or road mounted on the tripod or stick. I have turned on the rock steady and tried different resolutions and frame speed but the results are the same.

I have tried updating the firmware and also reset it to the factory setting but the image is not stable, it's like a pendulum moving side by side. Please see the sample footage below and advice.

DJI Support is not bothered at all, I have contacted them few times and every time they have asked me to email the sample footage and they will try to resolve it, but there was no reply after the sample footage emailed to them.

So any help to resolve the issue will be appreciated.

Thank You
2019-10-15
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer

My set  up is:

turn camera on by on;  on screen displays in white RS.  video. 2K7/48. swipe up Rocksteady in BLUE  2K7 (16:9AR) 48fps. swiped left  AUTO ISO grayed, M (grayed) ISO max on whatever, ev on whatever ( I say whatever as I am just    showing my settings at a desk)  . on video  WB Auto.  Color Normal, Dewarp ON, format MOV. Swipe down. VC off, snapshot to video quick switch  video, hdr vid, slo mo, hyperwarp. photo, timed photo, wireles 5.8, wind noise ON sound high, face  orientation ON, flicker AUTO, auto rotate AUTO. no profiles
If you  set the camera up that way and  redo the walk. does it happen  that he camera shakes?

while not  panning camera fully  foward no turning etc.... a straight walk.
2019-10-15
Use props
djiuser_N5yK9EHgeYvJ
lvl.1

Fishycomics Posted at 10-15 06:26
My set  up is:

turn camera on by on;  on screen displays in white RS.  video. 2K7/48. swipe up Rocksteady in BLUE  2K7 (16:9AR) 48fps. swiped left  AUTO ISO grayed, M (grayed) ISO max on whatever, ev on whatever ( I say whatever as I am just    showing my settings at a desk)  . on video  WB Auto.  Color Normal, Dewarp ON, format MOV. Swipe down. VC off, snapshot to video quick switch  video, hdr vid, slo mo, hyperwarp. photo, timed photo, wireles 5.8, wind noise ON sound high, face  orientation ON, flicker AUTO, auto rotate AUTO. no profiles

I will try these settings.
The thing is the camera is in my hand and I'm holding it flat but in the footage, it feels like I am moving/shaking it.
2019-10-15
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer

gonna report back with atest clip  I did  showing a simple walk.
2019-10-15
Use props
4wd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>

The camera and stabilisation is working as it should, walking let alone running is always going to lurch about slightly.
Turn the rocksteady off -  you will see the results even trying to hold it still will be quite dreadful by comparison.
With earlier action cams like my Hero 4, getting watchable footage by somehow keeping it reasonably stable and/or slowing it down afterwards was a major challenge.

2019-10-15
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer

As your Stride and movement is the issue, I did a comparison test seems each camera handles it differently. not sure why the other looks better and no I did not do anything different or post edit it. both set up but one I made a mistake of resolution  that should not affect the EIS at all.  that said watch the clip I talk the talk and walk the walk

2019-10-15
Use props
djiuser_N5yK9EHgeYvJ
lvl.1

4wd Posted at 10-15 07:46
The camera and stabilisation is working as it should, walking let alone running is always going to lurch about slightly.
Turn the rocksteady off -  you will see the results even trying to hold it still will be quite dreadful by comparison.
With earlier action cams like my Hero 4, getting watchable footage by somehow keeping it reasonably stable and/or slowing it down afterwards was a major challenge.

I don't think so it's working as it should be, I have seen footage of Hero 7 it's so smooth.
Or just watch the video shared by Fishycomics, his Osmo footage is better than mine one.
2019-10-15
Use props
4wd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_N5yK9EHgeYvJ Posted at 10-15 11:08
I don't think so it's working as it should be, I have seen footage of Hero 7 it's so smooth.
Or just watch the video shared by Fishycomics, his Osmo footage is better than mine one.

He's walking in a smoother way due to lots of practice with earlier cameras I suspect!
Even a full gimbal system won't eliminate movement from normal walking you have to look silly and go ninja style
2019-10-15
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer

LOL  I take that as a compliment.   stay tuned for another  walk show if like
2019-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules