Osmo 3 suggestion set path in video mode
4456 15 2019-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Simusio
lvl.1

Hello,

Loving the Osmo 3 so far! I wondered if this suggestion would get any backers? Then maybe get handed up the chain..

If you could pre program a path for the osmo to follow in video mode, like it does in timelapse.
So you set a path with three or so points, you set a time to move between the points and then you can be on the other side of the camera when it is recording.

As a musician, this could be really useful when videoing - it could move around from my guitar to me singing, then from left had to a zoom on my strumming hand etc..

I can see it being useful in lots of different settings when you are shooting video of yourself. You might say want it to zoom off to the left after 1 minute.
Hope that makes sense.
I think the could be a great feature! Any one else dig it??

Thanks!

2019-10-15
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>

It's been requested several times - or was that the same request in the Osmo Pocket forum?   Anyway, I'm sure it would be a welcome feature.
2019-10-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. We will directly forward this suggestion of yours to our designated department for attention. For future news and updates, you can subscribe to our official website at https://www.dji.com. Thank you for your continued support!  
2019-10-16
Use props
djiuser_ddWUUu1MmR90
lvl.2

United States

I am behind this idea 100%. And adding more points to the hyper/timelapses as well, I want way more than 4, those are SUCH COOL SHOTS!!
2019-10-17
Use props
EppingStrider
New

Australia

This can easily be achieved with a 1/30 and 1/60 option in the timelapse frame rate selector. Select the rate that matches the FPS of the video for your phone.
2019-10-18
Use props
Simusio
lvl.1
Canada

Thanks you @DJI Gamora!
Looks like lots of ppl would like it.

@EppingStrider - I'm not sure quite what you mean, don't see the frame rate selector in the timelapse, the quickest interval is 0.5 seconds up to 60s for each photo. Timelapses are photos right? not videos..
Also there would be no audio? please correct me if I'm wrong! Using the DJI Mimo app.
Thanks!
2019-10-18
Use props
fans1ecb263a
New
Australia

This feature would be amazing. It is currently kind of possible in the story mode, so the engineering is there (and in timelapses). This would be a big win!
2019-10-29
Use props
Simusio
lvl.1
Canada

Hello DJI support,

Just a bump for the panning video feature! It would make my mobile 3 much more useful!!
Looks like its getting requests from other parts of this forum too (osmo pocket etc).

I've tried doing similar in story mode but it never really works out and is overly complicated.

Thanks!
2020-1-21
Use props
giganteyyc
New
Canada

This'd be a great feature of Osmos of all flavours (Pocket & mobile)!
2020-2-18
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

It would be nice but i'm not holding my breath.
2020-2-18
Use props
TomZ_Am
lvl.1

United States

Can the OM3 be used without the MIMO app?
2020-2-18
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

TomZ_Am Posted at 2-18 14:39
Can the OM3 be used without the MIMO app?

You can use whatever app you like, just remember you can’t use things like active track etc. Filmic pro is still my go to app.
2020-2-18
Use props
TomZ_Am
lvl.1

United States

AlanHd Posted at 2-18 14:44
You can use whatever app you like, just remember you can’t use things like active track etc. Filmic pro is still my go to app.

This was exactly the answer I was looking for, Filmic Pro is fantastic Thank you so much.
2020-2-18
Use props
Aberle
lvl.1
Flight distance : 509528 ft
France

This would be a dream come true for me too! Please DJI, make this feature happen
2020-2-19
Use props
giganteyyc
New
Canada

Okay, dream wish list:
-Apple watch (or smart watch non-specific) app; remote control for pocket w/ wifi module and/or Mobile along with all those other requests on this page would make it pretty slick
2020-3-5
Use props
PERydell
New

United States

I was also looking for a way to follow a pre-determined path. I have a workaround where I put my iphone on the gimbal and connect to the gimbal over bluetooth from my ipad. Then I tell it to do the timelapse with motion. Then I just hit record on the iphone for video.
2020-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules