Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
HELP P4P-RTK-PPK - rover observation file location
4037 8 2019-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lucio_p
lvl.1

Hi All

I am testing the PPK ability of the p4P-RTK but cannot find the rover file and the positon file on the SD card as expected
Following this workflow https://www.aerotas.com/phantom-4-rtk-ppk-processing-workflow

1. manually captured an image set with a DJI Phantom 4 RTK    (i.e. we didn't use the grid capture function of the app).
2. Turned off the RTK Function in the  App's RTK settings.
3. When we had finished capturing, we expected to find a  rover observation file (rinex.obs or similar) on the SD card, but could  not find such a file.

We also tried the following without success:
  • Enabling viewing hidden files in Windows Explorer
  • Using DJI Assistant 2 for Phantom

What  do we need to do to make sure the rinex file is recorded for PPK (i.e.  with RTK Function turned off) and how do we access it?

Any help appreciated.

-lp

2019-10-15
Use props
lucio_p
lvl.1

I got the answer.
using the GSR app a mission MUST be used in order to generate PPK data.

Also a colleague found this in the user guide that i missed

2019-10-16
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1093865 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for updating & sharing that info, I did not recall that limitation myself!
2019-10-17
Use props
kbjshop
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1847999 ft
United States

Another angle on this question of doing PPK from the Phantom 4 RTK.  
  I have been trying to use the new "SDK" controller. It uses an iPad instead of the built in screen, and therefore allows 3rd party apps.

The DJI app for Phantom 4 RTK (P4R)  on the iPad is called "GS Pro" instead of GS RTK.
In GS Pro, running a mission DOES NOT STORE the RINEX files!

Talking with support from a 3rd party app developer, they said that the DJI API does not provide any means for turning on recording of the Rinex.. And it seems from my brief testing that even the DJI app itself  (GS Pro)  can't do it -- there are no log files stored on the SD card with the images when GS Pro on the SDK controller.

So, with the "SDK controller", it seems we cannot do PPK at all.  This is frustrating and surprising.   

Also, apparently, at least on iOS, the DJI API does not provide the means for 3rd parties to do NTRIP.   DJI's app (GS Pro), however, does support NTRIP.  

The upshot is that the ONLY way to use the P4R with 3rd party apps (on iOS at least) is to use the DJI ground Station, which transmits RTK corrections directly to the drone.   
Any plan to use 3rd party apps and have the Rinex as a backup for PPK in case the realtime RTK fails, is thwarted at the moment.  Disappointing.  

It also means the added expense of the DJI Ground Station instead of being able to use the NTRIP-capable base station that you probably already have for  measuring out your GCP's, or for that matter using NTRIP from a public CORS.

And, on a related note, just today, the "GS Pro" app popped up a warning that it is no longer being developed and will only be supported in maintenance mode.... !!!  
Hmm.  
2022-4-18
Use props
groh2059
lvl.2

United States

kbjshop Posted at 4-18 13:39
Another angle on this question of doing PPK from the Phantom 4 RTK.  
  I have been trying to use the new "SDK" controller. It uses an iPad instead of the built in screen, and therefore allows 3rd party apps.

I too was very surprised that DJI's own software, GSpro, when used with the SDK controller, doesn't store the rinex files.  For PPK, I have been using a software called Hammer Missions.  It creates a "SURVEY" folder that contains the information needed for PPK processing.  

https://www.hammermissions.com/
2022-5-12
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1093865 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks like hammer is available for iOS, thanks for the tip, @groh2059!!
2022-5-12
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Can you check actual the RC battery voltage, in the Go app?
2022-5-12
Use props
fansf51f11f3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1847999 ft
United States

kbjshop Posted at 4-18 13:39
Another angle on this question of doing PPK from the Phantom 4 RTK.  

I am now using Android instead of iOS with the SDK Controller.  
- The DJI program is called "DJI PIlot" on Android.
- It seems not to support terrain awaeness for the P4R, but does for the M300 (which I do not have)

Instead I am using UgCS
- UgCS for DJI supports terrain awareness automatically from SRTM data.  Setting up missions is  more complicated, versatile, and requires a laptop.   

UgCS has a problem with the PPK setting at the moment, (v2.36.1358) -- it forgets the PPK setting when drone is powered off/on, or app is restarted.  That means it forgets if you have to do a battery change. So go back and turn PPK on after every battery change.

I am using
P4R,  
SDK Controller
UgCS on Android and Mac
Emlid RS2 as base station for NTRIP
iphone hotspot to provide internet to Android and laptop

It is a bit fragile about network connectivity, but working in RTK with terrain awareness.
2022-5-20
Use props
dave_pitman
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

fansf51f11f3 Posted at 5-20 07:42
I am now using Android instead of iOS with the SDK Controller.  
- The DJI program is called "DJI PIlot" on Android.
- It seems not to support terrain awaeness for the P4R, but does for the M300 (which I do not have)

Does the DJI Pilot app generate the rinex and timestamp files?
2022-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules