Video Quality - Better on iOS than on Windows
1287 5 2019-10-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JB63
lvl.4
  • >>>

Has anyone noticed this?

The video feed on Windows is flaky/unstable and really poor quality. In windows I'm using a router connection whereas with an iPad I'm using a direct wifi between therobomaster and the iPad.

Has anyone else seen a big difference in video quality or is this an issue with my network ?
2019-10-16
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4

You may want to shutdown and reboot you Router. If that does not fix the issue, does your Router meet the minimum requirements of the RoboMaster app?
2019-10-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day JB63. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing your insights with regards to this matter. I hope that you will get the best recommendation and information from our valued DJI co members who has the DJI Robomaster S1. Thank you.
2019-10-19
Use props
JB63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-19 11:28
Hello and good day JB63. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing your insights with regards to this matter. I hope that you will get the best recommendation and information from our valued DJI co members who has the DJI Robomaster S1. Thank you.

Than you for the reply. Can you reach out to Technical Support and relay this issue to them?
I tried all I could think of but still having the same issue. At this stage, it seems the Windows App is really not robust at all. On my iPad the video is very sharp and the controls very responsive ... but not on my Windows PC. Yes, my computer is very fast and has plenty of memory. I am convinced it is the App.
2019-10-19
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4
Canada

Did you try:
1) connecting your PC directly to the RoboMaster S1?
2) connecting your iOS device through the Router?

I use my Windiws PC and Samsung S8 Android smartphone both directly connected and connected through the Router and I have not noticed a significant difference. I am using a TP-Link AC750 Mobile Router in the 5 Ghz band for my Router connections.

Something tells me your Router may be the issue.
2019-10-20
Use props
JB63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

My router is a Linksys EA8300 ... I tried connecting my PC DIRECTLY to the Robomaster and the video quality is still not as good as from the iPad Pro
2019-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules