Shocked at service from DJI
1256 21 2019-10-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cdx22
lvl.1

I bought my drone around 6 months ago. About a month ago, the controller packed in & wouldnt connect to the drone. I tried everything & the next step was to send it in for repair which i done.

Got an email from DJI Support yesterday saying that the serial number sticker has been damaged an therefor out of warranty. Theyre quoting me £252 to repair the main board on the controller. Ive since sent them photographs i have of the controller serial number being intact. Has anyone had a similar expeirance? I never noticed any damage to the serial number, is there any other way of identifying the controller so that they can repair for free?

Really not happy with the way DJI have delt with this, i hope they can resolve it.
2019-10-16
Use props
akozc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2019951 ft

If the controller connects to Drone,  it should show the serial number on DJI Go 4 Apps, ( if they really want to know what is the serial number of the controller)
If they suspect the serial number sticker ,which also seals the lock screw under it ,is damaged  as result of dismantled  ( i.e. removal of the cover etc.)   then this may void the warranty.
2019-10-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>

Are you saying this is because the sticker with the SN is Damaged, if so that’s crazy, if your looking for SN you can just turn on RC and craft go into app and you will find it there under about, maybe just post their reply even just to give us a laugh .
2019-10-16
Use props
cdx22
lvl.1

The controller itself is bust. It doesn't connect to the Drone at all. I have countless pictures of the serial number being intact. I've definitely not tried to open it either, i have no reason to. Just think their excuse is pathetic, seems like a money making exercise to me. Ive got a receipt from when i bought the drone, registered insurance documents with both serial numbers from the drone and controller. I just dont see why they are saying it has no warranty now. Surely there must be another way they can identify the controller other than a poorly produced label on the back of it.
2019-10-16
Use props
Neo Supreme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 76329 ft

Very terrible to hear.  Keep pursuing this.
2019-10-16
Use props
cdx22
lvl.1

Neo Supreme Posted at 10-16 03:31
Very terrible to hear.  Keep pursuing this.

Thank you for your vote of support. I will keep everyone updated on this thread.
2019-10-16
Use props
cdx22
lvl.1

UPDATE

Just received a reply from DJI Support.

Dear Cameron,

Thank you for your message.

And many thanks for the pictures. It helped me put the missing number/letter in your serial and verify its yours and within the warranty period. Our systems have confirmed this indeed and thus I have changed this case to warranty for you. Many thanks for getting in touch.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please let us know. We will be happy to assist you.

Kind Regards,

Stefan van den Berk.

Customer Service EU
DJI Europe

I must admit, the last 24 hours have been nerve-racking! Im glad that through a strongly worded email, DJI have seen sense!!!
2019-10-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>

cdx22 Posted at 10-16 03:37
UPDATE

Good job, amazing where does common sense go in these situations, anyways you got sorted .
2019-10-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

UPDATE

Hi cdx22, thanks for your update, glad to know the warranty was provided, hope you will get the Remote Controller back soon. If you have any other concerns, please feel free to let us know.
2019-10-16
Use props
Neo Supreme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 76329 ft

UPDATE

Fan-freaking-tastic!!  I'm glad that this was sorted out for you.
2019-10-16
Use props
MarcelN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2307733 ft

I’m glad “The Stefmeister” helped you!
2019-10-16
Use props
cdx22
lvl.1

over the moon everyone, panic over! cant wait to get it back haha.

My last request to them was that if the serial number is damaged, could they replace the sticker.

Their response was that i am getting a brand new controller anyway, so it'll have a new SN.

Happy Wednesday everyone.
2019-10-16
Use props
flyingfun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2551998 ft
  • >>>

Got the same thing with a battery on my inspire
2019-10-16
Use props
cdx22
lvl.1

flyingfun Posted at 10-16 06:48
Got the same thing with a battery on my inspire

Is it an ongoing issue or has it been resolved?
2019-10-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

flyingfun Posted at 10-16 06:48
Got the same thing with a battery on my inspire

If there any case number we can refer to?
2019-10-16
Use props
flyingfun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2551998 ft
  • >>>
Luxembourg

DJI Mindy Posted at 10-16 22:00
If there any case number we can refer to?

CAS-1854136-D2W7R6 CRM:0330000008621

THX
2019-10-22
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

I suspect that they got your controller mixed up with some other personbodies controller.
Just going by the "condition" of your serial number label.
2019-10-22
Use props
UPTGrad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1447884 ft
  • >>>
United States

> ... Has anyone had a similar expeirance?   

Oh yessss!!!  Had a warranty issue on an order from the DJI store. (MPP).  Support said they don't support that since I didn't order from the DJI store.   I had given them my DJI order number a few times.   It was just amazing how incompetent they were.  
I sent the order details and a copy of the emails to my Credit Card Company, and they were more than happy to take over, as it was an easy case for them.
You know it’s pretty bad when the credit card company tells you how surprised they were at their incompetence.    The credit card company was able to get it fixed, but not DJI support.
2019-10-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

flyingfun Posted at 10-22 08:29
CAS-1854136-D2W7R6 CRM:0330000008621

THX

Thanks for the case number, upon checking the case, there is no sticker of the serial number so that the product cannot be verified, neither the warranty. We apologize for this.
2019-10-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

UPTGrad Posted at 10-22 13:00
> ... Has anyone had a similar expeirance?   

Oh yessss!!!  Had a warranty issue on an order from the DJI store. (MPP).  Support said they don't support that since I didn't order from the DJI store.   I had given them my DJI order number a few times.   It was just amazing how incompetent they were.  

Hi UPTGrad, we are so sorry for the unpleasant experience with our support team, we support all DJI products even though it was purchased from a non-official DJI Store, may we verify how you contacted our support team and may we have your contact info so that we can investigate?
2019-10-23
Use props
UPTGrad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1447884 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 10-23 04:21
Hi UPTGrad, we are so sorry for the unpleasant experience with our support team, we support all DJI products even though it was purchased from a non-official DJI Store, may we verify how you contacted our support team and may we have your contact info so that we can investigate?

Hi.  No problem. Thanks.   The credit card company has already got it fixed.

> .. even though it was purchased from a non-official DJI Store.   

Oh this is too funny.  ... that's the problem right there.   It was bought at the official store @ DJI.com.   I even gave them the DJI order number.   Too funny, but all is good now.

2019-10-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

UPTGrad Posted at 10-23 17:59
Hi.  No problem. Thanks.   The credit card company has already got it fixed.

> .. even though it was purchased from a non-official DJI Store.   

Glad to know the issue has been solved, sorry again for the inconvenience caused, please keep us updated without hesitation if there is any other problem with our product or customer service, we are always here to help.
2019-10-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules