DJI P3P - Aircraft Disconnected
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jaowstar
lvl.1

Hello DJI Pilots!
What a nice forum and community we got here! Excited to be here to read and learn something and hopefully help other when I have more knowledge in this DJI world.
A little good-to-know about me: I'm a rookie and still learning how my P3P works. This is my second drone that I bought. I crashed my P3A during a recording on a vacation in the Philippines 2018 when the drone suddenly lost the connection and doesn't respond on my commands and start flying crazy and crashed on the shoreline. This make me lose the motivation of flying and drones overall.. until now when I bought a P3P.

However, new drone new motivation and a new trip is coming in December to the Philippines! So I'm gonna once again bring my drone to my home country and record the beautiful Siargao and Palawan El Nido.

But I do have a issue and hopefully you guys can help me with that. I have tried search on this forum for answers and I found something but not just the answer I was looking for.
I bought a used DJI P3P as mentioned and I'm really satisfied with it and start become more friend with it. The issue I have is that during flight mostly when is the aircraft is 500-800m away I got the message: Aircraft Disconnected. Which scares me and brings back the old memories from last year when I crashed my first drone. And then I got the message RTH? And of course I slide the bar to yes. This has happened to every time when I'm flying it. I know that DJI is capable to fly more than 500-800meters away. Everytime I have full charged batterys. Open field with nothing that can start a interference with the connection (as I know), 17-20 GPS satellites connected. How can I solve this problem? Is it a firmware issue to the aircraft or the controller? According to the DJI:s homepage, the latest firmware is 1.11.20 for the drone. How do I know with version I have?
And the image/live data lagging very much as well how to I solve this?

- From what I know I have the latest DJI app.
- My tablet is a iPad Mini 2 WIFI + Cellular ( Can I solve this if I use my iPhone X or maybe iPhone 7 plus to prevent lagging of image?)
- I always fly in airplane mode

I do now know
- Which firmware I have on my P3P
- Which firmware I have on controller

If you want any flight records etc.. hit me up I will upload it. If you can explain how I can reach it so I can screenshot it.
Hope you guys can help me so I don't have to be scared or nervous everytime I'm gonna fly my P3P.

Thank you!
Justine F.

Sweden/Philippines
2019-10-16
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>

How far the aircraft can travel depends on your region, the drone adjusts it's settings to match the local laws. In the UK you would be limited to 500m and start to loose signal after that. I would definitely switch to the Iphone 7, i have used an IPAD Mini 2 previously with the Phantom 3's and i had similar connectivity issues. If you wan't to check the firmware version you can tap the ... in the top right of the screen while in the app and connected to your drone, then scroll all the way to the bottom and tap about, that should show you your firmware versions.
2019-10-16
Use props
Jaowstar
lvl.1

Sweden

Ben Mason Posted at 10-16 06:53
How far the aircraft can travel depends on your region, the drone adjusts it's settings to match the local laws. In the UK you would be limited to 500m and start to loose signal after that. I would definitely switch to the Iphone 7, i have used an IPAD Mini 2 previously with the Phantom 3's and i had similar connectivity issues. If you wan't to check the firmware version you can tap the ... in the top right of the screen while in the app and connected to your drone, then scroll all the way to the bottom and tap about, that should show you your firmware versions.

Hey Ben!
Thank's for you reply!

Oh I didn't know that distance is depending of my region! Well, I live in Sweden so.. do you know anything about it?
Alright! Then I would change to a iPhone 7 Plus I have laying around, alternatively my iPhone X that I use right now.

Thanks for the description of where I can check the firmware version!

Cheers!

/ Justine
2019-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules