Can't use Ronin app without internet
3302 1 2019-10-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansbdb76f77
lvl.1

So, as the title says, you can't use the app unless you have an internet connection. Obviously there are a lot of filming locations that don't have cell service and so all of the features that are only accessable from within the app are all of a sudden gone if you lose cell service. None of the features actually need cell service though! It's only because DJI makes you log into your account that you need internet access. I have loged in and then put my phone into airplane mode and all of the features still work great. Clearly there is no actual need for the app to be connected to the internet.

This is a cry out to the developers to PLEASE change the Ronin app so that you can use it if you are out of cell service and don't have internet. I can't believe that a device that is intended to capture the beauty of the world isn't usable just because it forces you to log into your account.

I'm also shocked that I don't see more complaints about this. I went and bought the comand unit so that i would at least be able to access a few of the features, but none of these work without the app:

The "track" feature only has 2 waypoints with the command unit but has 10 with the app.
The timelapse feature has 2 waypoints in the command unit but has 5 points in the app.

No Force Mobile or Active Track without the app but they work without internet connection once you get the app to let you in.

Why why why why DJI??? I litteraly have to check a cell map before I book a wedding or other event to make sure that there is cell service there to make sure i will be able to use these features. This is so silly and would be nothing for you to fix it.

2019-10-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we appreciate your feedback and sorry for the inconvenience caused, DJI Ronin APP must be logged in first before any APP operation, but it doesn't need to log in each time as long as you don't log out.
For the limited features of the command unit, we will forward to our engineers for attention, please note the future update.
2019-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules