lvl.3
Flight distance : 14495 ft
Denmark

- Newest firmware.
1. the small connection thing for the iphone is inserted reversed
2. I turn on the pocket
3. I plug in the USB-c to USB to the PC
..... Nothing happens

Why cant I connect to the PC to downlod my clips?

Thx
2019-10-17
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

Have you turned the Pocket on?

Once it's on, there should be a prompt asking to allow connection.
2019-10-17
Use props
Peter von Frosta
lvl.3
Flight distance : 39659 ft
Germany

Do you might have the WiFi-Module attached?
The USB-Port on the Wifi-Module is only for Power and not for Data
2019-10-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query for us and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. You may try the following procedure on how to properly connect the DJI Osmo Pocket to PC:

1. When the Osmo Pocket is powered off, or the Osmo Pocket is powered on without the Smart Phone Adaptor mounted or with the Smart Phone Adapter mounted in reverse, connect the Type-C cable to the bottom of the handle and connect the other side of the cable to the PC’s USB port. After connecting, if the Osmo Pocket is powered off, power it on again.
2. When the PC is identified by the Osmo Pocket, “Connect to the computer?” is shown on the screen. Tap “Accept”, and “Computer Connected” is shown. The display goes off and the Status LED will be solid green.

Also, the port on the Osmo Pocket Wireless Module cannot be used for connecting the Osmo Pocket to PC since that specific port is created only for charging. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!
2019-10-17
Use props
oscar-dk
lvl.3
Denmark

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-17 08:47
Hi, thank you for bringing this query for us and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. You may try the following procedure on how to properly connect the DJI Osmo Pocket to PC:

1. When the Osmo Pocket is powered off, or the Osmo Pocket is powered on without the Smart Phone Adaptor mounted or with the Smart Phone Adapter mounted in reverse, connect the Type-C cable to the bottom of the handle and connect the other side of the cable to the PC’s USB port. After connecting, if the Osmo Pocket is powered off, power it on again.

Hi.
No, not using the wifi- module at the same time as I try to connect.
- My procedure is described in the post. And Im doing exactly as described ?
Blinking green when pocket is off - I turn on the pocket - no prompt on screen and its not registered as a drive on PC- I unplug the USB-C from the pocket and connecting the USB-C end of the cable to a samsung T1 drive or any other USB-C device and it pops up and registers immediately - only problem is the pocket?

Do I have a crap ver ?
2019-10-19
Use props
oscar-dk
lvl.3
Denmark

Curt1591 Posted at 10-17 01:22
Have you turned the Pocket on?

Once it's on, there should be a prompt asking to allow connection.

yes its on and no- I have no prompt or connection.
2019-10-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

oscar-dk Posted at 10-19 11:35
Hi.
No, not using the wifi- module at the same time as I try to connect.
- My procedure is described in the post. And Im doing exactly as described ?

Hi, thank you for the additional information provided. Did you try to plug in the DJI Osmo Pocket to a different PC or using an different communication cable for us to further isolate the problem? Also, please note that the DJI Osmo Pocket will not connect to the computer if the phone adapter is connected to the DJI Osmo Pocket. Therefore, you must remove it for us to be able to connect the OP to the PC. You may refer to the image below. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

2019-10-19
Use props
Wirrkopf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28914 ft
Germany

Hi there and a happy new year.

I just got my new Osmo Pocket for christmas and I'm having the exact same issue.

- Current FW is insatlled
- No Phone adapter is connected
- No Wifi adapter is connected
- I power on my Osmo Pocket
- I plug in the USB-C cable and connect it to the PC

most of the time nothing happens.

some times I get the "Connect to PC?" question, but when I click "OK" it will not show up on my PC. I have tried a different cable, but haven't tried a different PC yet.

Any hints?
2020-1-1
Use props
Robert2345
lvl.2
Pakistan

happy new year
2020-1-1
Use props
philsmithtile
New
United States

Same problem here.  Not getting the connection indicator on my OP when connected to PC
2020-1-5
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

May not make a difference, but I always connect my Pocket to my iMac, then turn the Pocket on. In short order, the the connect message appears and I proceed with the connection.
2020-1-5
Use props
LWGray
lvl.2
Malaysia

I have the same issue. My Pocket 1 connects when I attach it to the computer but my Pocket 2 does not offer me the connect to computer option.
2021-3-26
Use props
dreamaker99.wowway
lvl.2

United States

I have a question! If the Pocket 2 is still Locked, can it still connect to the PC, or being locked it will not connect?
2021-3-30
Use props
djiuser_a29zmMosM8Ns
New

France

Hai how to connect and manage dji pocket 2 to windows pc wirelessly
2022-1-8
Use props
oldfaithful
New
United States

if you have the "do-it-all" handle on, make sure it is connected firmly. for me that was the reason of "nothing happened". Hope this helps.
2022-9-8
Use props
SemperFiGuy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45643 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2019-10-19 13:52
Hi, thank you for the additional information provided. Did you try to plug in the DJI Osmo Pocket to a different PC or using an different communication cable for us to further isolate the problem? Also, please note that the DJI Osmo Pocket will not connect to the computer if the phone adapter is connected to the DJI Osmo Pocket. Therefore, you must remove it for us to be able to connect the OP to the PC. You may refer to the image below. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

[view_image]

DJI Gamora,
I am having the same exact problem as Oscar-DK.  My Pocket 2 is not being recognized by my primary PC.  I was able to get it recognized by my Secondary PC.  Why won't my primary pc be recognized?
2023-1-28
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

I remember reading that the DJI Pocket MUSTN'T have the Do-It-All Handle connected when connecting to a PC. That means, no wireless file transfer to PCs, and also, if you are connecting with an USB-C cable, first remove the handle, then connect the cable directly to the bottom connector of the Pocket 2. This could also apply to the original Osmo Pocket, but can't say ir sure for myself as I don't own the original one.

Also, when using an USB-C cable, make sure it is not just for charging, but one that can also transfer data. Be especially careful if using the Pocket 2 Creator Combo's Y-shaped dual USB-C cable, as only one of the two USB-C connectors can transfer data.
2023-1-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

SemperFiGuy Posted at 1-28 07:56
DJI Gamora,
I am having the same exact problem as Oscar-DK.  My Pocket 2 is not being recognized by my primary PC.  I was able to get it recognized by my Secondary PC.  Why won't my primary pc be recognized?

Hi, SemperFiGuy. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Are getting any error messages on your primary PC like an Unrecognized USB device or  Device driver software was not successfully installed? If no error messages, you may follow the steps below:

1. If DJI Pocket 2 has been attached with a smartphone adapter please plug the smartphone adapter in a reverse direction or connect DJI Pocket 2 to a computer without using a smartphone adapter.
2. If the DJI Pocket 2 has been used with the DJI Pocket 2 Do-It-All Handle please detach the Do-It-All Handle before connecting DJI Pocket 2 to a computer.
3. When the DJI Pocket 2 series recognize the computer, a prompt will appear on the touchscreen asking “connect to computer?”. Please select “Accept”.
4. If you are using DJI USB Splitter Charging Cable (Type-A to Type-C), please connect the cable with the data transfer logo on the connector, if the other one is connected, it only supports charging.
5. Restart the  DJI Pocket 2 and replace the USB-C cable, the port of the computer, and the SD card to have a try.
6. If a Mac computer with an M1 chip is being used, it is recommended to use a microSD card reader to copy photos and videos.

Hope this helps. Thank you for your support.
2023-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules