o(^-^)o
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fines Aerial Posted at 3-5 08:11
[view_image]

Sure looks like DJI is advertising the x7 as the mapping solution with this drone.

DJI's advertising oversells many of its products capabilities. No surprise there.

A reputable distributor/vendor with some knowledge can (and should) provide a crucial pre-purchase reality check.

I've never tried the X7 myself but from what I have been told and read, for mapping the sensor's limitations far outweigh any benefits.

2020-3-5
Use props
DJI4Survey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6484478 ft
Australia

Yeah, we have a lemon.

P4RTK 4 life.

Hoping the M300 comes straight out with an RTK version and they address some of these issues.  Expensive misadvertising.
2020-3-5
Use props
SaintDan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1338911 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_JnJqbTlqqnlM Posted at 3-4 15:31
Hey All,

Have had this unit for a month now and essentially it will sit in the cupboard until DJI can sort out the following issues with the system:

...I can only say - as i'm in a similar boat - that the X7 has given some strange results...

The imagery never does look pin sharp, and i've been manually fighting with settings to try and get the best possible results.

About half of the missions I've flown have inexplicably given runs of poor pixel smeared imagery after 15 minutes in air of "acceptable" capture.

For the cost of the M210 and X7 i'm starting to form the opinion it needs serious attention. The only plus point for me personally is knowing that I'm not alone in this.
2020-3-6
Use props
djiuser_UWhdKX7UF90p
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48399 ft
United States

Sounds like you all should have a better vendor who can address all of these concerns before you purchase a piece of equipment based on the marketing material of what DJI says it can do and stop blaming DJI for your lack of research or intelligence
2020-5-18
Use props
MedicFL1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4358570 ft
  • >>>
United States

God Forbid you ever need Enterprise level service on your Matrice 210.
I was sent a different Matrice 210 RTK ( mine only had 24 hours on it before main controller board failure)  and they stuck my original serial number sticker on it !!
It's half peeled off but it's there. Airdata shows the Different manufactured Dates. But be forewarned, your photo's , video's and flight data records are of no use to you once that Aircraft is out of your hands.
2020-8-3
Use props
PDC Perth
lvl.1
Flight distance : 777234 ft
Australia

Lemon confirmed.

since pilot 1.8 results got worse in every conceivable way, no way to go back... VERY unhappy!
2020-8-30
Use props
Red_Man
lvl.1

Australia

SaintDan Posted at 2-25 00:04
M210 RTK V2 and X7 owner here - just reading this thread with interest, as although the system is new to me, really starting to see it's limitations for survey.
Couple of quick questions ;

We use an M210 RTK with an X7 and dont have any of the issues mentioned above. We can trigger the X7 every 2 seconds without issue and the JPEGS have an RTK position tagged in the EXIF info which Pix4D and Bentley CC can read directly. Our X7 wont work with an ISO above 400 though which is strange
2020-9-7
Use props
Red_Man
lvl.1

Australia

SaintDan Posted at 3-6 11:41
...I can only say - as i'm in a similar boat - that the X7 has given some strange results...

The imagery never does look pin sharp, and i've been manually fighting with settings to try and get the best possible results.

We have found the X7 just doesnt work with an ISO above 400. Images are blurry to the point of being unusable. Is this whats happening with yours?
2020-9-7
Use props
FarmerMac
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1215079 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Red_Man Posted at 9-7 15:10
We have found the X7 just doesnt work with an ISO above 400. Images are blurry to the point of being unusable. Is this whats happening with yours?

Im using the X7 ISO range from 100-800 without any issues.
But... I got a lot of other issues with this cam/gimbal!!! The most annoying is, that
the gimbal just dont want to stay in level for more than two seconds. And when shooting
RAW pictures with the X7 connected to the  topmount, all the pictures is orange!! (JPG's is ok?!)
2020-9-10
Use props
SaintDan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1338911 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_UWhdKX7UF90p Posted at 5-18 13:13
Sounds like you all should have a better vendor who can address all of these concerns before you purchase a piece of equipment based on the marketing material of what DJI says it can do and stop blaming DJI for your lack of research or intelligence

Just read this - belatedly.

Thanks for being very rude. Uncalled for and very "USA 2020". Well done.
2020-9-15
Use props
M.Adams
New

United States

I'm using the Matrice 210 RTK and the X7 camera, I am having issues with my images all being timestamped. I have the JPEG set not RAW or both. Is there anything I can change in my settings, so all of my images get timestamped? I am flying mission mode so I can process in skycatch with only ppk.
Side note, when using mission and processing with pix4d the x4s is the better option on the camera.
2022-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules