1587 5 2019-10-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jacob N
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37956 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

I have a Graupner MZ12 Transmitter which is able to transmit SBUS signals. I have managed to get PAN/TILT/ROLL to work with the Ronin SC. This is excellent, however neither RECORD, USER PROFILE or RECENTER/SELFIE work with any of the switches on the transmitter. Someone mentioned these will only work with Futaba... or did anyone manage to get all the functions to work with non-futaba systems? Moreover it would be extremely convenient if you could map one of the sticks of the transmitter to the focus wheel, since this would be an excellent and cheap wireless focus pulling option! Is there any chance DJI will consider this option in future updates ;-)

Jacob

2019-10-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Jacob. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this information with us. Let me please cascade this thread/information to the proper DJI department. Thank you for raising this topic and thank you for your support.
2019-10-19
Use props
Jacob N
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37956 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Thank you!
2019-10-20
Use props
djiuser_rLKWVM7VzgPt
New

Belgium

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-19 07:30
Hello and good day Jacob. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this information with us. Let me please cascade this thread/information to the proper DJI department. Thank you for raising this topic and thank you for your support.

Hi Stephen,

I have some problems to report to your technical team. I just did some diagnostics with the S-BUS control and it looks like you have something wrong in the firmware. Here's what I found:
- pan/tilt/roll work properly on Channels 1 to 3 (gimbal moves and also values received monitored through the app)
- I did not test Channels4 for record/photo but the status does show the correct S-BUS channel value received
- "Channels6" for selfie/recenter function does show the correct S-BUS received value but no actions are triggered
- "Channels5" does not receive the correct value, it looks like one bit of the value displayed is from Channels6 so when we change Channels6 it affects the received value on Channels5.

Tests done:
  1. with Channels6 set low (-800 to 0 shown on the app), if we change Channels5 SBUS 11bit data from 0 to 0x7FF (whole range), it only changes from around -900 to -1 and doesn't go to +900
  2. if the SBUS is 0x3FF (1024), then Channels5 report correctly "0" on the app
  3. if "Channels6" is changed to a value higher than 0, let's say +800 on the app, then Channels5 will change from values +1 to +900, here we can't have the values from -900 to 0 anymore

So to summarize, I see 2 problems:
- no actions selfie/recenter from Channels6
- Channels5 doesn't receive the correct SBUS value, it is affected from the values of Channels6

Don't hesitate if you have any question, it would be good to have these solved so we can recenter and choose the right profile using Channels5.

Thank you
2019-11-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_rLKWVM7VzgPt Posted at 11-24 00:28
Hi Stephen,

I have some problems to report to your technical team. I just did some diagnostics with the S-BUS control and it looks like you have something wrong in the firmware. Here's what I found:

You are very much welcome Jacob and thank you for sharing these additional information with us. I will also forward this information to the designated DJI department for us to check and for further testing. Thank you.
2019-11-24
Use props
KevinArea88
lvl.1

United Kingdom

djiuser_rLKWVM7VzgPt Posted at 2019-11-24 00:28
Hi Stephen,

Hi, is there a published list of 'Channels & functions' that are available for use on the SBus ?

I'm driving a Ronin-S from an Arduino via the SBus, I've got the pan/tilt/roll working but I can find no info for the values needed to re-centre the gimbals (i.e.  Home command)

Thanks,  Kevin
2020-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules