Osmo Mobile Jerky, Erratic Movement. Calibration?
4285 4 2019-10-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CraigArtzner
lvl.2
United States

Bought an Osmo Mobile (the original Osmo Mobile) about 2-3 years ago and am using it with an iPhone 6. Still gets good footage but is prone to occasional jerky and erratic movements, especially when using the button controls. Never had an issue before. Just recently started. Is there a calibration procedure I could try? I don't use Osmo with any DJI app, just my phone's camera controls.
2019-10-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day CraigArtzner. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. It is recommended to download the DJI Go application for your DJI Osmo Mobile. Please try to calibrate the gimbal of your DJI Osmo Mobile by going to the DJI Go application. First please click the connect your device tab on the DJI Go application then please click the gear icon on the lower right hand corner, under settings please choose " Gimbal " then finally you can calibrate the gimbal of the your DJI Osmo Mobile. Thank you.

2019-10-19
Use props
CraigArtzner
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for the reply Stephen. Please view the video below.

My Osmo Mobile 1 unit jerks randomly. At 24 seconds into the video it just flips the phone upwards for no apparent reason (?) This has been happening periodically and destroys my ability to take usable videos with it.  It also will not calibrate using the DJI Go app. It tries, but the Osmo head just repeatedly bangs itself against itself until the calibration ultimately fails. I will take another video of that if I can (my wife's iPhone ran out of memory during this video).  I have not dropped or abused the unit and I don't know why it is malfunctioning like this. I bought the Osmo Mobile I think about two years ago. I'm using an Apple iPhone 6 with it.

2019-10-31
Use props
CraigArtzner
lvl.2
United States

Now that I keep trying to mess with this thing more, the light on the right side is constantly red. I remember it being green before? The screen when I use the app keeps saying that the gimbal can't rotate any further and the main gimbal head itself is physically hot to the touch.
2019-11-2
Use props
DjLindsey
New
Flight distance : 1043 ft
United Kingdom

I recently took my DJI Osmo Mobile (1) out of the cupboard to recharge it. Upon completion, I turned the device on with the phone correctly mounted. It immediately turned hard left and then hard right before connecting. I'm running firmware 1.6.0.80 and the battery has just been charged 9 times. Any help to resolve this matter would be much appreciated.
2023-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules