8867 38 2019-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nilanjan118
Second Officer
Flight distance : 636663 ft
Japan

Hello Spark pilots,

Do you feel that the P-mode for DJI Spark is too sluggish for a cinematic effect?
Do you like to fly in Sports mode but hate the fact that even a little push on the yaw stick makes the video go awry?

Well  if you are being bugged by these issues, then you should definitely try  the Cinematic mode. Although not available for the Spark on the  official release of DJI Go4, this feature can be accessed through the  DJI GO 4 MOD 2.0 version. The cinematic mode gives you sports mode like  speed without affecting the gimbal when turning sharply even at speeds  in excess of 50kmph. The video below is a demonstration of this feature  and has telemetry data overlayed on it so that the viewer can have a  fair idea about the capabilities of the cinematic mode. You can see the  map overlayed on the video and skip to the curve portions only if the  whole video seems too long for you.

Apart  from Sports mode like speed and smooth turns, there are some additional  benefits which I have got by using the Cinematic mode.

1. Longer battery life.
I have had 6 flights in this mode so far and 3 of those have been 13mins+ compared to 11~12mins I used to get previously.

2. Battery temperature data getting logged in Airdata
This  is a known issue with the "official" Go4 version on Android. The  battery temperature is always shown as 0 when we sync the log with  Airdata.
With the mod version of Go4, this bug is eliminated.

3. Smooth cache video
This  may be just a limitation of the phone I am using (Moto E4 plus), but  the cache video was never recorded in normal speed before. It was either  sped up or skipped a lot of frames.

2019-10-20
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

On top of that, I think I have seen that the/some upper angle for the cam is available.
Like usually just in tripod mode or in Pano photos.
2019-10-20
Use props
nilanjan118
Second Officer
Japan

S-e-ven Posted at 10-20 01:35
On top of that, I think I have seen that the/some upper angle for the cam is available.

Cool!! I have to try that. Btw, thanks for guiding me with using this version of Go4. A big thanks to fellow forum member Haggi as well. Totally loving this mode.
2019-10-20
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

Very nice demo, thanks
2019-10-20
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer
Canada

Where can we get the app? Cheers
2019-10-20
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

ssylca44 Posted at 10-20 04:38
Where can we get the app? Cheers

google: Go4 Mod 2.0
2019-10-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

It sure does!
2019-10-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day nilanjan118. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared with us today. Informative video and thank you for your support.
2019-10-20
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

S-e-ven Posted at 10-20 01:35

This is understandable: in cinematic mode it flies fast but the brakes and accelerations are very soft (caution! The long braking distance!) And therefore there is no need for gimball compensation.
2019-10-20
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

Very beautiful video! One thing I noticed is that unfortunately all camera movements and turns (typical of the DJI drone) are extremely sharp, seemingly fast. I mean, when you move the camera up or down, it starts too fast and stops suddenly. There are no soft movements and this makes the shots weirdly "robotic". This can also be seen in the latest and expensive Mavic2 recording. To give you an example, take a look at some of the footage taken with the drone Parrot Anafi. It starts softly and stops smoothly when the gimbal and drone turn. It is very enjoyable and has a natural effect.
And unfortunately this is true for DJI Osmo Pocket gimbal movement as well.
2019-10-20
Use props
nilanjan118
Second Officer
Japan

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 10-20 09:41
Very beautiful video! One thing I noticed is that unfortunately all camera movements and turns (typical of the DJI drone) are extremely sharp, seemingly fast. I mean, when you move the camera up or down, it starts too fast and stops suddenly. There are no soft movements and this makes the shots weirdly "robotic". This can also be seen in the latest and expensive Mavic2 recording. To give you an example, take a look at some of the footage taken with the drone Parrot Anafi. It starts softly and stops smoothly when the gimbal and drone turn. It is very enjoyable and has a natural effect.
And unfortunately this is true for DJI Osmo Pocket gimbal movement as well.

I totally get the point you are trying to make. Will surely check out Parrot footage as you said to see the difference.
2019-10-20
Use props
MartyTravels
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394173 ft
Thailand

This is pretty cool. I like how far it can fly without interrupting the connection to the controller. I also like the overlay. Which version of the original app is the Mod 2.0 based on?
2019-10-20
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

MartyTravels Posted at 10-20 19:32
This is pretty cool. I like how far it can fly without interrupting the connection to the controller. I also like the overlay. Which version of the original app is the Mod 2.0 based on?

Go4 4.1.15
2019-10-20
Use props
MartyTravels
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394173 ft
Thailand

That's a very old version, right?
2019-10-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Is this for Android only?
2019-10-21
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did dashware/racerenderer take the telemetry from a file?  How did you get the telems extracted exactly and on video?

Also, how do get the app?

I think the reason why the caching looks smoother is because it boosts the transmission strength.  You should look at the signal strength logs on AirData to compare.
2019-10-21
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

MartyTravels Posted at 10-21 00:06
That's a very old version, right?

Yes, 2017, no mavic air or mavic 2 inside.
2019-10-21
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

DAFlys Posted at 10-21 00:09
Is this for Android only?

I'd say yes to this.
2019-10-21
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

AntDX316 Posted at 10-21 02:01
Did dashware/racerenderer take the telemetry from a file?  How did you get the telems extracted exactly and on video?

How to get the app?

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... mobile=2#pid1985213
2019-10-21
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I did but that's not a direct link.  I just prefer to use the regular app or DroneDeploy.
2019-10-21
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

AntDX316 Posted at 10-21 03:20
I did but that's not a direct link.  I just prefer to use the regular app or DroneDeploy.

I got it from the first hit on google.
Just "a couple" of pages to scan, in case the download links from the entry posts aren't working, any longer.
Perhaps extend your google search with "where to download ......."?
2019-10-21
Use props
nilanjan118
Second Officer
Japan

AntDX316 Posted at 10-21 02:01
Did dashware/racerenderer take the telemetry from a file?  How did you get the telems extracted exactly and on video?

I synced the flight log and then downloaded the CSV version from Airdata. Then at the time of importing the CSV in Dashware, I selected data profile Flytrex.
2019-10-21
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 10-21 03:35
I got it from the first hit on google.
Just "a couple" of pages to scan, in case the download links from the entry posts aren't working, any longer.
Perhaps extend your google search with "where to download ......."?

Why can't people just upload the actual file to Google drive for people to download?
2019-10-21
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

nilanjan118 Posted at 10-21 03:49
I synced the flight log and then downloaded the CSV version from Airdata. Then at the time of importing the CSV in Dashware, I selected data profile Flytrex.

What does data profile do?
2019-10-21
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

AntDX316 Posted at 10-21 03:56
Why can't people just upload the actual file to Google drive for people to download?

That has a simple reason:
Because I haven't created that app (wouldn't even know, how to do that) and just because I think that there is no tracking/hacking inside, I can't guarantee that it is clean!
So I do not spread it around.

Why can't people just download from sources, which worked for others and have been in use for almost 2 years, now?
Where the topic  it is still "hot", so you can read the comments of 60+ pages and try to overcome your  doubts against  "no regular apps or from drone deploy"
There might be even a (better?) updated one available, that gets you "here maps" offline abilities for the map.
2019-10-21
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 10-21 04:16
Because I haven't created that app (wouldn't even know, how to do that) and just because I think that there is no tracking/hacking inside, I can't guarantee that it is clean!

Just share yours.
2019-10-21
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer
Canada

S-e-ven Posted at 10-21 04:16

I tried this link but didn't get anywhere due to missing files.

Cheers
2019-10-21
Use props
nilanjan118
Second Officer
Japan

AntDX316 Posted at 10-21 04:03
What does data profile do?

It just tells the software how to interpret the data stored in the CSV. There are many telemetry data file formats which Dashware accepts. But in my experience, uploading the log to Airdata and downloading the CSV from there gives the best result. There may be better or easier ways to do it though and I will be thankful if anyone can enlighten me on that.
2019-10-21
Use props
Haggi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2581785 ft
Norway

Do video still need to contain sound when importing it into Dashware?
2019-10-21
Use props
nilanjan118
Second Officer
Japan

Haggi Posted at 10-21 07:38
Do video still need to contain sound when importing it into Dashware?

Yes, so first I put some random background tracks on the video in some editing software, export it and then import into dashware.
2019-10-21
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

ssylca44 Posted at 10-21 05:18
I tried this link but didn't get anywhere due to missing files.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO77gxy3xps&list=PLismtEZ5uTuAFaxOvMK0wcSNmaz5z1s9_&index=62&t=0s

https://sparkpilots.com/threads/ ... pp-ver-4-1-15.3841/
2019-10-21
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer
Canada

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 10-21 09:30
https://sparkpilots.com/threads/dji-go-4-mod-2-0-dji-go-4-mod-lite-additional-features-android-app-ver-4-1-15.3841/

Thank you, but unfortunately:
This site has been shut down following legal action for copyright infringement
2019-10-21
Use props
nilanjan118
Second Officer
Japan

MartyTravels Posted at 10-20 19:32
This is pretty cool. I like how far it can fly without interrupting the connection to the controller. I also like the overlay. Which version of the original app is the Mod 2.0 based on?

I usually don't fly that far. <500m from home point is my comfort zone. But I tried to get close to 1000m in this video for the purpose of demonstration. But the video feed was starting to get choppy at that distance and I decided to turn back. I think it is also worth adding that I was flying in FCC mode with no signal extenders on the RC.
2019-10-21
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

ssylca44 Posted at 10-21 12:38

That must be a special for you, then.
2019-10-21
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer
Canada

S-e-ven Posted at 10-21 17:53
That must be a special for you, then.

It would seem so S-e-ven, fortunately, I found another site that worked! Cheers
2019-10-22
Use props
nilanjan118
Second Officer
Japan

ssylca44 Posted at 10-22 05:22
It would seem so S-e-ven, fortunately, I found another site that worked! Cheers

Good to know that. Just be a bit cautious when you use the Cinematic mode for the first time. The stick inputs are greatly dampened and stopping distance increased. So make sure you rise to a good altitude to avoid hitting any obstacles before switching to this mode. Also worth reminding that be quick to hit the pause button on the RC so that the AC stops to a hover in case you feel you are about to hit something. Good luck.
2019-10-22
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer
Canada

nilanjan118 Posted at 10-22 19:51
Good to know that. Just be a bit cautious when you use the Cinematic mode for the first time. The stick inputs are greatly dampened and stopping distance increased. So make sure you rise to a good altitude to avoid hitting any obstacles before switching to this mode. Also worth reminding that be quick to hit the pause button on the RC so that the AC stops to a hover in case you feel you are about to hit something. Good luck.

Thank you for the advice. Cheers
2019-10-23
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

ssylca44 Posted at 10-21 12:38

This is an official Spark forum and it still works for me. If not with you. then disable your protection while downloading. It has no virus. The whole community is using this and no one has complained yet, and everyone has got a better Spark.
2019-11-14
Use props
Sparkflier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 194619 ft

United States

does this app have some of the safety features found in the regular app like 5.8 ghz wifi, go home on low battery/signal loss, height limit etc? If so, I will get this app.
2021-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules