Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Smart Controller is so luxurious
1410 19 2019-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

I know new people would be intimidated, it cost lots of money, w/e you can make the cost back if you do a few Quality presentations.  From what I've seen, and my knowledge of flying, you shouldn't fear losing the drone.  A lot of companies have No drone pilots, but it's up to you to present packages for the companies.  You might not land any clients or land some, but if not, it's cool to have.  It's very stable and reliable.

I mean, on the next update (in the year 2020), they could add mad amounts of NFZs and regulations that ruins the tech as lots of people have been saying in other forums which will feed people over to Skydio forever and never come back, but as of now, they are very very great.

I'm talking from my experience.  Some friends had crashed theirs when I told them so many times to fly 3rd person and fly above the tallest obstacles you are near when you are new, but they don't listen.

I currently trusts the drones so much, it's like flying a nuclear weapon that if something goes wrong, everybody dies but it doesn't go wrong.  Still though, still need to fly with precautions and not fly over tons of people, loiter over highways for extended periods of time, fly out so far you run on bingo fuel, other things that are so much to list, etc.
2019-10-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day AntDX316. Thank you for sharing your insights and sharing your flight experiences. Thank you. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2019-10-20
Use props
BigBird2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 883645 ft
  • >>>
United States

So true.....
2019-10-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Still to pricey for me (hobbyist)
2019-10-21
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 10-21 04:11
Still to pricey for me (hobbyist)

Same but I've been making so much money doing these jobs that I just reinvest the capital.
2019-10-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

AntDX316 Posted at 10-21 04:16
Same but I've been making so much money doing these jobs that I just reinvest the capital.

If that would be my case, I can easily understand your statement!
2019-10-21
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 10-21 04:45
If that would be my case, I can easily understand your statement!

I'm back to where I was when I first bought the M2Z.  
2019-10-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

AntDX316 Posted at 10-21 04:45
I'm back to where I was when I first bought the M2Z.

What does that have to do with the controller?
2019-10-21
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 10-21 05:05
What does that have to do with the controller?

I mean, the debt wise.  I'm back up to how much it cost me for the M2Z with the fly more combo kit.
2019-10-21
Use props
TVOD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1680082 ft
United Kingdom

Needs a firmware update
2019-10-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

AntDX316 Posted at 10-21 06:01
I mean, the debt wise.  I'm back up to how much it cost me for the M2Z with the fly more combo kit.

Ah ok. That way.
2019-10-21
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16641309 ft
  • >>>
United States

TVOD Posted at 10-21 07:23
Needs a firmware update

What are you looking for in a firmware update?
2019-10-21
Use props
TVOD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1680082 ft
United Kingdom

KlooGee Posted at 10-21 11:37

a fix for the time issue, my microwave knows what time it is even when you switch it on and off, the video being greyed out now and again, the slow response time when using the touch screen being sorted out. Thanks for asking
2019-10-22
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

TVOD Posted at 10-22 09:51
a fix for the time issue, my microwave knows what time it is even when you switch it on and off, the video being greyed out now and again, the slow response time when using the touch screen being sorted out. Thanks for asking

I'm really hoping they release a new firmware soon too.  I'd love to see them formalize the items they updated for the beta as well as address some of the other items like you've mentioned.

I've not had the grayed out video since upgrading to DJI Go 4 v4.3.24 or .25.  But I didn't have it very often before that, so not sure if I've just been lucky or they fixed it.  And for me, when it did happen previously, it wasn't much of a big deal.  It only happened a handful of times.  When it did, I would just force close the Go 4 app and then restart it and it would be back up and running in about 10 seconds.  Kind of annoying, but not a big deal for me.

For the clock, I never notice it because I almost always connect to my wifi hotspot to make sure I have the maps for the current location.  But for someone that doesn't do that, I can understand the concern.
2019-10-22
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

To bad not applicable to the Mavic Gen I....

sigh......
2019-10-22
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

TVOD Posted at 10-22 09:51
a fix for the time issue, my microwave knows what time it is even when you switch it on and off, the video being greyed out now and again, the slow response time when using the touch screen being sorted out. Thanks for asking

I turned the wifi off to make sure I don't have an internet connection when I turn the device on.  It is now about 24 hours later and just turned it on again.  The time is still accurate for me.

I'm running the beta 565 version.
2019-10-23
Use props
BobB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Flycaster Posted at 10-22 11:02
To bad not applicable to the Mavic Gen I....

sigh......

ya i was hoping also but i do have the Dual + SC so i can use it on that and i do...
2019-10-23
Use props
M Stuart K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1267717 ft
  • >>>
United States

KlooGee Posted at 10-21 11:37

KlooGee: did you get a chance to test out the camera button functions during night flying or low light conditions.  I mentioned earlier that with the SC the shutter button and video buttons are nearly useless, they have so much lag.  One responder thought that it might be the auto focus, yet it not only has button lag at night and low light with the camera functions but just about any button clicks on the screen at night is non-responsive and then abruptly functions after great lag.  

I decided to reconnect my original remote back to my MP2 and try some night flying with it to compare the issues.  With the original remote, It never wavered with button clicks and all buttons responded the same as if I was flying during daylight.
2019-10-23
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

M Stuart K Posted at 10-23 11:52
KlooGee: did you get a chance to test out the camera button functions during night flying or low light conditions.  I mentioned earlier that with the SC the shutter button and video buttons are nearly useless, they have so much lag.  One responder thought that it might be the auto focus, yet it not only has button lag at night and low light with the camera functions but just about any button clicks on the screen at night is non-responsive and then abruptly functions after great lag.  

I decided to reconnect my original remote back to my MP2 and try some night flying with it to compare the issues.  With the original remote, It never wavered with button clicks and all buttons responded the same as if I was flying during daylight.

Just to be clear are you talking about the physical buttons or on the on-screen virtual shutter buttons?
2019-10-23
Use props
M Stuart K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1267717 ft
  • >>>
United States

KlooGee Posted at 10-23 12:59
Just to be clear are you talking about the physical buttons or on the on-screen virtual shutter buttons?

Physical and on screen.  Everything this is clickable and pushable is not operating properly in low light and night flying.  When I say properly; I mean at some times I have to hover the aircraft in place and wait for the button clicks or push to register-sometimes several seconds later.  I thought it could be a focus issue but why would all inputs suffer for focus.  Besides; as I stated; I switched to the original remote and there is no lag in low light or night flying with it.  I have already upgraded to the latest Go4 app, and I also conducted a factory reset more than once.  Thanks
2019-10-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules