M200 V2 / XT2 / DJI Pilot App Tablet Compatibility
4757 15 2019-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_2TkBxQzkcVAZ
lvl.2
United States

I just bought the M200 V2, XT2 640 13mm and Crystalsky Ultrabright.  I'd like to use Dronedeploy for some mapping and photogrametry missions, but it isn't compatible with the Crystalsky.  So, is there any Android or IOS tablet that will both run the DJI Pilot App and Dronedeploy so that I can make this combo of M200 and XT2 work?  I tried a Samsung Galaxy 5se tablet and couldn't get the DJI Pilot App to work normal like it does on the Crystalsky.  

This is so frustrating that I spend over $20,000 and can't get it all to work smoothly.  

PLEASE HELP....

Cheers,
Tony
2019-10-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Tony. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope you can get the best recommendation from our valued DJI co pilots on what mobile device or mobile tablet they are using with regards to this matter. In addition I will post the list of recommended mobile devices that can be used to operate the DJI Pilot Application. Thank you.

2019-10-20
Use props
djiuser_2TkBxQzkcVAZ
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-20 14:19
Hello and good day Tony. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope you can get the best recommendation from our valued DJI co pilots on what mobile device or mobile tablet they are using with regards to this matter. In addition I will post the list of recommended mobile devices that can be used to operate the DJI Pilot Application. Thank you.

[view_image]

Thank you for posting the list of devices for IOS and Android.  I've seen that list before and was surprised that there really are no Android tablets, just phones.  Anybody have any success using the Samsung Galaxy Tab A?

Cheers,
Tony
2019-10-20
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_2TkBxQzkcVAZ Posted at 10-20 17:07
Thank you for posting the list of devices for IOS and Android.  I've seen that list before and was surprised that there really are no Android tablets, just phones.  Anybody have any success using the Samsung Galaxy Tab A?

Cheers,

@Tony-

I've used the Galaxy Tab A successfully with DJI Pilot and the M210 V2 w/ X5s, but not the XT2. Can't recall if I also tested DD or not...
2019-10-21
Use props
djiuser_2TkBxQzkcVAZ
lvl.2
United States

patiam Posted at 10-21 08:31
@Tony-

I've used the Galaxy Tab A successfully with DJI Pilot and the M210 V2 w/ X5s, but not the XT2. Can't recall if I also tested DD or not...

Patiam,

Thanks for response.  I'll try it with the Tab A when I pick one up at the end of the week.  Hoping the XT2 doesn't pose a problem.  I'll report back and thanks again.

Tony
2019-10-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_2TkBxQzkcVAZ Posted at 10-20 17:07

Cheers,

You are very much welcome Tony. I hope that you will get the best information from our valued DJI co pilots on there experience in using the Samsung Galaxy Tab A in operating and flying there M200 v2. Thank you and have a safe flight always.
2019-10-21
Use props
djiuser_2TkBxQzkcVAZ
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-21 15:41
You are very much welcome Tony. I hope that you will get the best information from our valued DJI co pilots on there experience in using the Samsung Galaxy Tab A in operating and flying there M200 v2. Thank you and have a safe flight always.

Ok, I finally got around to testing the Galaxy Tab A.  It has Android version 8.1.0 on it.  And, it worked!  I am happy to report that all functions including all the XT2 camera functions worked normally.  When I originally tried the Galaxy Tab 5se I got all sorts of errors and no functionality of the XT2 camera.  Now I can run Drone Deploy on the tablet as well, and that was my goal.  There were some slight font size issues in the MSX/PIP menu in the DJI Pilot app, but I was allowed to select every mode.  

As I mentioned above, I have the Crystalsky Ultrabright and love the clarity and brightness on it.  Unfortunately, the Galaxy Tab A  doesn't have the greatest visibility or brightness so it's really disappointing that DJI can't incorporate the Drone Deploy app into Crystalsky, or vice versa.  Drone Deploy is a very common app that us pilots use and for it being a paid app and the M200/XT2 combo being over $20k, the fact that there's no functionality with Crystalsky is unacceptable.  We should not have to purchase multiple devices to get this solution to work.  I don't mean to rant, I'm just frustrated.  I'll do more testing with Tab A and report back if I run into any issues.

If anyone else has been successful with other combinations to run the M200/XT2 and Drone Deploy, please let me know.  

Cheers,
Tony
2019-10-25
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

Glad to hear you had good results with the Tab A! And thanks for reporting that DD works as well.
2019-10-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_2TkBxQzkcVAZ Posted at 10-25 06:03
Ok, I finally got around to testing the Galaxy Tab A.  It has Android version 8.1.0 on it.  And, it worked!  I am happy to report that all functions including all the XT2 camera functions worked normally.  When I originally tried the Galaxy Tab 5se I got all sorts of errors and no functionality of the XT2 camera.  Now I can run Drone Deploy on the tablet as well, and that was my goal.  There were some slight font size issues in the MSX/PIP menu in the DJI Pilot app, but I was allowed to select every mode.  

As I mentioned above, I have the Crystalsky Ultrabright and love the clarity and brightness on it.  Unfortunately, the Galaxy Tab A  doesn't have the greatest visibility or brightness so it's really disappointing that DJI can't incorporate the Drone Deploy app into Crystalsky, or vice versa.  Drone Deploy is a very common app that us pilots use and for it being a paid app and the M200/XT2 combo being over $20k, the fact that there's no functionality with Crystalsky is unacceptable.  We should not have to purchase multiple devices to get this solution to work.  I don't mean to rant, I'm just frustrated.  I'll do more testing with Tab A and report back if I run into any issues.

Hello and good day Tony. Thank you for sharing this information and this test you have created. This will be a very big help to all our DJI co pilots who are inquiring with regards to this matter. Thank you so much for your support. Please stay safe always and keep on flying.
2019-10-26
Use props
JPilotR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 584662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ok, I finally got around to testing the Galaxy Tab A.  It has Android version 8.1.0 on it.  And, it worked!  I am happy to report that all functions including all the XT2 camera functions worked normally.  When I originally tried the Galaxy Tab 5se I got all sorts of errors and no functionality of the XT2 camera.  Now I can run Drone Deploy on the tablet as well, and that was my goal.  There were some slight font size issues in the MSX/PIP menu in the DJI Pilot app, but I was allowed to select every mode.  

As I mentioned above, I have the Crystalsky Ultrabright and love the clarity and brightness on it.  Unfortunately, the Galaxy Tab A  doesn't have the greatest visibility or brightness so it's really disappointing that DJI can't incorporate the Drone Deploy app into Crystalsky, or vice versa.  Drone Deploy is a very common app that us pilots use and for it being a paid app and the M200/XT2 combo being over $20k, the fact that there's no functionality with Crystalsky is unacceptable.  We should not have to purchase multiple devices to get this solution to work.  I don't mean to rant, I'm just frustrated.  I'll do more testing with Tab A and report back if I run into any issues.

That is awesome that you figured out how to get Android to work with the M200 and DD with the XT2. Thanks for the investigative work!

But like you, wish that DJI would just make the darned Crystal Sky compatible with 3rd parties like DD. Would make our lives SOOO much easier!
2019-11-26
Use props
fans8a1e0e5e
lvl.1
United States

Ok, I finally got around to testing the Galaxy Tab A.  It has Android version 8.1.0 on it.  And, it worked!  I am happy to report that all functions including all the XT2 camera functions worked normally.  When I originally tried the Galaxy Tab 5se I got all sorts of errors and no functionality of the XT2 camera.  Now I can run Drone Deploy on the tablet as well, and that was my goal.  There were some slight font size issues in the MSX/PIP menu in the DJI Pilot app, but I was allowed to select every mode.  

As I mentioned above, I have the Crystalsky Ultrabright and love the clarity and brightness on it.  Unfortunately, the Galaxy Tab A  doesn't have the greatest visibility or brightness so it's really disappointing that DJI can't incorporate the Drone Deploy app into Crystalsky, or vice versa.  Drone Deploy is a very common app that us pilots use and for it being a paid app and the M200/XT2 combo being over $20k, the fact that there's no functionality with Crystalsky is unacceptable.  We should not have to purchase multiple devices to get this solution to work.  I don't mean to rant, I'm just frustrated.  I'll do more testing with Tab A and report back if I run into any issues.

This is great information.  I have same setup and want to run missions using a 3rd party app callex Dronelink, but the all the thermal features dont work for the XT2 camera in their native app. So, knowing that Dronedeploy works with all the XT2 features is encouraging.  I will try it out.
2019-12-16
Use props
Zoe200
lvl.1

New Zealand

Hi, I've just bought a M200 (v1) and wanted to check if there is an update on how the Samsun Tab A is going? I'm looking to get one of those to use with drone deploy so any update would be great!
2020-2-9
Use props
tonymangia
lvl.2
United States

So far so good with the Tab A.  I switch between the Tab A and Crystalsky depending on the criteria of what I'm doing...
2020-2-9
Use props
pickfordphotography.com
lvl.3
Flight distance : 13593894 ft
  • >>>
Australia

ok following this thread - what does the TAB A give you that Crystal cant give you ? mission panning? access to DD or intelligent modes such as POI etc
2020-2-23
Use props
Fines Aerial
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17269813 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_2TkBxQzkcVAZ Posted at 2019-10-25 06:03

Hi,

So I read this and immediately ordered a Tab A. I’ve got the m210RTKv2.

When I load Drone Deploy there aren’t any options I can see to change the camera to the XT2. How did you do this? Does it require a paid version of DD or something?

I can change the altitude in the “basic tab” and all the overlaps in the “advanced” tab, but I’m not seeing and camera options.

Thanks in advance.
2020-3-7
Use props
Fines Aerial
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17269813 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_2TkBxQzkcVAZ Posted at 2019-10-25 06:03

Hi,

So I read this and immediately ordered a Tab A. I’ve got the m210RTKv2.

When I load Drone Deploy there aren’t any options I can see to change the camera to the XT2. How did you do this? Does it require a paid version of DD or something?

I can change the altitude in the “basic tab” and all the overlaps in the “advanced” tab, but I’m not seeing and camera options.

Thanks in advance.
2020-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules