Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Controller says I'm in a NFZ, but i'm not!
3730 8 2019-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wana_B
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21686 ft
United States

This is aggravating.  Never had this problem flying around my home.  My home is not in a no fly zone, but controller says that I am.  Firmware is upto date  Geodatabase is up to date.  GPS is locked on several birds and my home location is centered on the map.  Any ideas?
2019-10-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Have you checked what the DJI Fly safe site says - https://www.dji.com/uk/flysafe/self-unlock  If this shows it you can email them if its a mistake.
2019-10-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Wana_B. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and for these information you have shared with us. Please send an email at flysafe@dji.com for us to be able to assist you further with regards to this matter. Thank you.
2019-10-21
Use props
wjtve
lvl.2
Flight distance : 75121 ft
United States

DAFlys Posted at 10-21 00:37
Have you checked what the DJI Fly safe site says - https://www.dji.com/uk/flysafe/self-unlock  If this shows it you can email them if its a mistake.

Great point thanks
2019-10-22
Use props
Wana_B
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21686 ft
United States

Problem solved.  There is a 'switch' on the controller's unlock screen that you have to switch if you are outside of a zone that you have unlocked. (see picture attached).  Thank you, DJI support , for your quick response to my problem.  It was a simple fix but not something I would have tried.  I figured that the drone would know that I'm flying in a safe area.  Why should I have to manually switch it?  My situation may have been a rare occurance, because the unlock license in question spanned more than one day.
2019-11-5
Use props
PetraS
lvl.1

United States

I have the same exact problem. On top of that the camera goes black sometimes. Will try to contact Dji.
2020-12-16
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine will say that, but will go away after a bit I do though live in a flight path and always give me a message my max height is 492 ft.  
2020-12-21
Use props
PetraS
lvl.1

United States

Wana_B Posted at 2019-11-5 16:56
Problem solved.  There is a 'switch' on the controller's unlock screen that you have to switch if you are outside of a zone that you have unlocked. (see picture attached).  Thank you, DJI support , for your quick response to my problem.  It was a simple fix but not something I would have tried.  I figured that the drone would know that I'm flying in a safe area.  Why should I have to manually switch it?  My situation may have been a rare occurance, because the unlock license in question spanned more than one day.
[view_image]
Same problem with the NFZ as well here. Will give this a try. Thx
2021-1-17
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi Folks,

Anyone reading this it sure can be confusing!

Example:  You leave home...go about 20 miles to a flying site where you need to manually UNLOCK the bird.   You are now unlocked in the Authorization/NFZ.  It doesn't show you
that there is a SWITCH turned ON in the "Unlocking License" section. This is located in the 3 dots, upper right of your screen.

Now,  you go back home and try to fly.......with that UNlocking License turned on....you can't take off because the bird knows you are TOO FAR away from the unlocked area.

Go into the Unlocking License and turn off the switch.  Bamm,  you can fly!!

Good luck

Aerial Traffic   www.aerialtraffic.us
Randy
2021-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules