Osmo Mobile 3 - with Android - NOT smooth zoom
6456 17 2019-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Denmark
lvl.1

Denmark

Hello

I have just purchased the new Osm Mobil 3 and i am using it with my Samsung Galaxy s8+

BUT i am sooo disappointed with the zoom function in mimo...it stutters and is not smooth...on my wifes iphone there is no problem

I can in several threads across the osmo 2 see this should be a - to DJI - well known problem.

Can DJI please issue a firmware update where this is fixed ? it cannot be true that you only support Apple products ?

2019-10-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Denmark. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the Samsung S8+ on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. I am sorry to say that the Samsung S8+ is not yet listed as a recommended mobile device for the said gimbal. For reference I will post a link where in you can see all the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ty_List_en_0927.pdf ). In addition I will cascade this thread to the designated DJI department. Thank you.
2019-10-21
Use props
Krause31
lvl.4
Flight distance : 598990 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-21 09:58
Hello and good day Denmark. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the Samsung S8+ on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. I am sorry to say that the Samsung S8+ is not yet listed as a recommended mobile device for the said gimbal. For reference I will post a link where in you can see all the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Osmo_Mobile_3/Osmo_Mobile_3_Mobile_Phone_Compatibility_List_en_0927.pdf ). In addition I will cascade this thread to the designated DJI department. Thank you.

Hello,
I have the Note 8 and the zoom is terrible, too! And my device is on the list of compatible Smartphones!

Greetings Markus
2019-10-21
Use props
Tony_Br
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-21 09:58
Hello and good day Denmark. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the Samsung S8+ on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. I am sorry to say that the Samsung S8+ is not yet listed as a recommended mobile device for the said gimbal. For reference I will post a link where in you can see all the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Osmo_Mobile_3/Osmo_Mobile_3_Mobile_Phone_Compatibility_List_en_0927.pdf ). In addition I will cascade this thread to the designated DJI department. Thank you.

This is a pretty extraordinary response.  
I bought direct from DJI on Amazon where it EXPLICITLY states that the Samsung S8+ is compatible.

As it was bought as a birthday gift in September, well in advance of the birthday in October,I would guess that my 30 day-return option has now passed.

When you add the lack of support in the app for the Galaxy’s native camera aspect ratio (see another thread in this forum) I am very disappointed
2019-10-24
Use props
Gorko
lvl.2
Flight distance : 180 ft

Tony_Br Posted at 10-24 15:38
This is a pretty extraordinary response.  
I bought direct from DJI on Amazon where it EXPLICITLY states that the Samsung S8+ is compatible.

Tell me about it! I'm in the same position, and I'm using Note9. Not to mention the lack of 6p fps at all for Android. The weird GPS permission... for a gimbal...
2019-10-26
Use props
Gorko
lvl.2
Flight distance : 180 ft

Yep! Can confirm. Note9 here. No 60fps?! Really DJI? Why the GPS needs to be on?!
2019-10-26
Use props
info
New
Greece

Krause31 Posted at 10-21 10:06
Hello,
I have the Note 8 and the zoom is terrible, too! And my device is on the list of compatible Smartphones!

I confirm the same terrible behaviour with my Note 8, too
2019-12-31
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

To be fair to DJI the terrible zoom is more of an android problem than a DJI problem, it’’s terrible on the Smooth 4 on android as well.
2019-12-31
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

You have to think of it in terms of framing a shot before shooting rather than zooming during the shot.
2019-12-31
Use props
djiuser_v9vuGbjXbyvI
New

France

Idem for me with galaxy note 9. Dji, please, fixe this problem !
2019-12-31
Use props
Nils Penning
New

Germany

I have the same Problem after the Last Update. I have a S10+ with Android 10. Before i Update the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 it runs perfect smooth and slow and after the Update the Zoom is Jumping form 1x to 3x and from 3x to 8x zoom Level. And with the S8
and android 9 from my wife it runs perfect.
2020-1-25
Use props
martinasico
New

Argentina

idem whit my Xiaomi mi 8 (phone supported) after last update
2020-1-29
Use props
oh_la_lau_
New

Spain

I have huawei p30 PRO (on the list) and happens the same. To use zoom I have to use the two fingers movement on screen wich is ok if I am not moving, at all. Is there any news about this thread? I can't believe that this feature hasn't been tested on updated mobiles (mine has less than a year)
2020-4-18
Use props
djiuser_QrjmSEwlqxxw
New

United States

Same problem here. Galaxy note 8. DJI really needs to fix this.
2020-6-13
Use props
pcwillowsblueyonder.co.uk
New

United Kingdom

And just for the record, it's the same on my Note 10+ 5G. Zoom is unusable.
2020-6-16
Use props
tdalauro
New

United States

I have a Pixel 3 and the zoom is terrible!l..  Another one of the issues I have with the mobile 3
2020-6-17
Use props
djiuser_Xo7MjGOXydVl
New

United States

Nils Penning Posted at 1-25 04:22
I have the same Problem after the Last Update. I have a S10+ with Android 10. Before i Update the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 it runs perfect smooth and slow and after the Update the Zoom is Jumping form 1x to 3x and from 3x to 8x zoom Level. And with the S8
and android 9 from my wife it runs perfect.

I know this is a old thread but did you get this issue fixed
2020-7-1
Use props
Beej11
lvl.2
Flight distance : 389239 ft
United States

I have a Samsung S20 Ultra. Zoom with the Osmo 3 is terrible. Lagging, jerky. Can this be fixed? I don't see a solution anywhere.
2020-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules