Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
gimbal issue
774 4 2019-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans13642d5f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3406883 ft
United Kingdom

P4P has suddenly started to have issues with the gimbal and tx signal dropping out at very short distances from the drone.
The gimbal is pointing to the right slightly or its pointing at the landing legs at a strange angle when in flight.
The signal keeps dropping out between the drone and RC, RC screen goes black and white or shows lost signal message.
The video recording is jumpy and has lines running from top to bottom of screen.
Saved images have lines on them very similar to overexpose lines on screen.

I was using the rc with built in screen but tried the standard RC and ipad to see if this would improve things, same condition.
I have reloaded the firmware from dji assistant 2, made no difference.
Any advice appreciated.
P4P image issues (2).jpg P4P image issues (1).jpg

red lines on images

red lines on images
2019-10-21
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

That is a camera fault, and quite often it is the flexible cable between the camera and the video processing section that is damaged.
2019-10-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with the gimbal of your DJI Phantom 4 Pro. Have you tried flying the said drone to a different location and see if the result will be the same? You may also try to perform a gimbal calibration to see if the problem will still persist. Also, may I ask what happen prior to the said issue? Did you experience any hard landings? If yes, I would recommend you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assessment of the said drone. Please note that DJI can only perform data analysis for units falling within the warranty period; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank you.
2019-10-21
Use props
fans13642d5f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3406883 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-21 15:24
Hello and good day. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with the gimbal of your DJI Phantom 4 Pro. Have you tried flying the said drone to a different location and see if the result will be the same? You may also try to perform a gimbal calibration to see if the problem will still persist. Also, may I ask what happen prior to the said issue? Did you experience any hard landings? If yes, I would recommend you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assessment of the said drone. Please note that DJI can only perform data analysis for units falling within the warranty period; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank you.

No hard landings, bumps or knocks...!
Have tried several locations and its the same faults happening, loss of signal, gimbal movement, poor image quality and the those annoying red lines..!

The only thing I did recently was the dreaded avoidance sensor calibration on the DJI 2 assistant app.

2019-10-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

fans13642d5f Posted at 10-22 10:09
No hard landings, bumps or knocks...!
Have tried several locations and its the same faults happening, loss of signal, gimbal movement, poor image quality and the those annoying red lines..!

Thank you for the update you have given and for these additional information. Since you have done multiple troubleshooting steps and still the issue is persisting. Kindly please contact out DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for us to be able to help you further and fix the said issue. We hope to hear for you as soon as possible. Thank you.
2019-10-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules