How to switch from sbus to DJI HDL for your radio
21289 13 2019-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans70803719
lvl.4

United States

Now that Betaflight 4.1 is officially out, here is how to switch from sbus to the DJI HDL / fast SBUS protocol.

Step 1: Run Betaflight 4.1
Step 2: Run the cli command "set sbus_baud_fast = ON"
Step 3: Change the DJI radio over to the DJI HDL protocol.

Or, if you like your info in video form....

2019-10-21
Use props
CappyA330
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38648 ft
United States

I have the Mamba F722 mini. I had it all wired up good, all working with the Sept 2019 BF 4.1 release candidate and was able to get DJI_HDL protocol working by setting set sbus_baud_fast = ON. Worked great for several weeks. I wanted to get the full advantage of RPM filtering in the release version of BF 4.1. After I flashed 4.1 to the Mamba target, DJI_HDL no longer connects to the Mamba. I have to set sbus_baud_fast = OFF  to see my receiver at all.

FWIW, DJI_HDL was never visible in BetaFlight Configurator for me. I was only able to get it to work with set sbus_baud_fast = ON with the release candidate of BF 4.1.
UPDATE: After resetting this in BF, the DJI googles, etc. about a half a dozen times, I was finally able to get DJI_HDL protocol to stay.
2019-10-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing this informative footage to our valued DJI Forum members. Cheers!
2019-10-22
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

If I'm running Betaflight 4.1.1, I'm seeing just two options in my DJI Goggles;  "NORMAL" and "SBUS BAUD FAST" only.  No option for "DJI HDL" protocol.  Am I missing something or is it because I'm using BetaFlight 4.1.1 ?
2020-1-3
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

RGMGFitness Posted at 1-3 19:07
If I'm running Betaflight 4.1.1, I'm seeing just two options in my DJI Goggles;  "NORMAL" and "SBUS BAUD FAST" only.  No option for "DJI HDL" protocol.  Am I missing something or is it because I'm using BetaFlight 4.1.1 ?

Never mind...I think I found an answer to the problem.  Looking through other comments in your YouTube video others reported this issue as well and looks like it was an update to match the BetaFlight software so appears I'm good to go.  
2020-1-3
Use props
Alchem1st
New

Estonia

hi i can change to sbus from my goggles but the drone dosnt want to arm why?
2020-4-27
Use props
5zero7rc
lvl.4

United States

Alchem1st Posted at 4-27 07:52
hi i can change to sbus from my goggles but the drone dosnt want to arm why?

You need to make sure the protocol you are using on the radio matches the protocol you are using in Betaflight.  By default Betaflight is using sbus.  To use sbus_baud_fast you need to run a cli command to switch it.  

If you have your goggles set to "normal" can you arm?
2020-4-27
Use props
phuc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 765906 ft
Australia

5zero7rc Posted at 4-27 09:52
You need to make sure the protocol you are using on the radio matches the protocol you are using in Betaflight.  By default Betaflight is using sbus.  To use sbus_baud_fast you need to run a cli command to switch it.  

If you have your goggles set to "normal" can you arm?

Yes I can arm, but I cannot select fast baud in goggles and if I do select the receiver stop working but when I switch back to normal the receiver works in cli I have already enabled sbus fast... Have I done something wrong?
2020-6-27
Use props
fansec23f344
lvl.4

United States

phuc Posted at 6-27 01:23
Yes I can arm, but I cannot select fast baud in goggles and if I do select the receiver stop working but when I switch back to normal the receiver works in cli I have already enabled sbus fast... Have I done something wrong?

Sounds like the betaflight side is not switching to sbus baud fast.  Are you saving after you run the cli command?  As soon as you get the betaflight side switched, the radio link should stop working.  That will be your clue that it switched.
2020-6-27
Use props
phuc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 765906 ft
Australia

fansec23f344 Posted at 6-27 05:54
Sounds like the betaflight side is not switching to sbus baud fast.  Are you saving after you run the cli command?  As soon as you get the betaflight side switched, the radio link should stop working.  That will be your clue that it switched.

Yeh it stopped working
2020-7-8
Use props
b1u3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7438 ft
United States

Thank you!!!  Been struggling with this for days... "sbus fast" did the trick.   Sorry to those who prefer old threads not be resurrected, but this seems very useful!  Thanks again all who posted their solution.
2020-9-12
Use props
Mickeyboo
lvl.2
United States

I'm now on day three of trying to connect to BetaFlight.  I've tried different Macs, I've tried different Bumblebees 3.3 (both with DJI FPV Fly Air).  I've tried different Mac OS's Catalina and Big Sur. I've reloaded BetaFlight numerous times.  I always have the same thing happening when I try to connect "Serial Port Successfully Opened". then after about 10 seconds "Serial Port Successfully Closed". I've tried with and without CP210xVCPDriver nothing changes.  I've combed the web and watched numerous videos which deal with problems regarding BetaFlight not finding the drone. My controller is a Beast F7 45A BLHeli-S true AIO board.  I'm hoping someone can help me.  Not sure what else I can do...these were BNF's from Iflight.  Binding was no problem for either of them for both radio and goggles

I've flown numerous drones for 9 years and I'm a licensed drone pilot .  Thanks for anyone with suggestions.  I want to check how things are set-up prior to maiden voyages for both of these drones.  I've earned a living as a photojournalist and videographer for 50 years.  My web site is www.michaelkienitz.com.  Thanks for any help or suggestions people can offer.
Drone is set to "SBUS Fast".
2021-6-22
Use props
fans4aee6c53
New
United States

Hello !! I have the Dji goggles v2, Dji black remote and Caddx vista system. I have everything synced but I’m getting no stick movement, can’t arm, even in beta flight no stick movement. I have everything up to date on firmware.
I have sbus baud fast on, saved it, as well as my goggles set to sbus fast. I’ve tried switching uart ports and still nothing. Could it be because I’m using betaflight 4.3 ? It HAS TO BE 4.1 ?
2023-6-5
Use props
RiChaDo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3085075 ft
Netherlands

Can this be used for dji fpv controller o3 unit?
2023-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules